Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 11-05-2020, 04:43 PM   #1
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Post Mazda Requesting a Loan of $4.3billion AUD to Survive.

"Mazda has requested loans totalling $300 billion Yen (almost $4.3 billion AUD) from major lenders in its home market as it seeks to survive severe slowdowns and revenue losses during the coronavirus pandemic.

According to a report from Reuters, the Japanese carmaker has already secured loan extensions from lenders, including Japan’s largest financial institutions Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group, Sumitomo Mitsui Financial Group, and Mizuho Financial Group.

The source spoke to the newswire strictly on anonymity given the information was yet to go public, however, it appears that the loan extensions will be secured.
–– ADVERTISEMENT ––

Like all vehicle manufacturers, Mazda is riding a particularly tough financial wave, having to close the doors on some of its production facilities temporarily and watch sales fall in markets across the globe.

Australia is no less forgiving, with the car market here – which experienced its worst month of sales in recorded history last month – desperately looking for buyers. For Mazda, it suffered a 60 per cent loss in sales in April 2020, year on year. Year to date, it is down almost 35 per cent.

But Mazda Australia – currently the nation’s second-best-selling brand behind Toyota – also conceded some of its volume when it launched the new Mazda 3 last year, stripping away wallet-friendly but basic entry-level trim grades to concentrate on a more premium and feature-packed lineup. Combined with the fact Mazda has always been stronger in selling to private buyers rather than large fleet deals, and the ensuing coronavirus lockdown this year, it is likely a turbulent financial wave Mazda will need to ride out for months yet." https://practicalmotoring.com.au/car...-3b-in-loans/I
Old 13-05-2020, 10:28 AM   #2
XRtowcar
Mustang GT mmmmmm......

Default Re: Mazda Requesting a Loan of $4.3billion AUD to Survive.

They are overpricing the cars they build to deliberately try to shift the brand upmarket.
The result was always going to be a loss of market share.
Prices aren’t competitive on newer models compared to others in the same market segments.
Old 13-05-2020, 05:22 PM   #3
MercuryT
Banned

I so wish I'd bought the second hand RX7 (and Supra) I drove in early 2000s.

I bought a Honda as first car. Was a great little coupe, very reliable, but value now nothing yet the other two becoming classic almost and going up......

Ah well.
MercuryT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-05-2020, 08:22 PM   #4
MercuryT
Banned

Only new car I've ever had.

Mazda3 the first model.

Good to drive (slow) and reliable car.......so boring I couldn't even be bothered washing it.

I absolutely hated it (was a "present") - sold after 18mths. (for my second hand XR Turbo that I kept for a decade.....fast, comfortable, space, great note. My Ex hated the XR....)

Led to marriage failure as caused so much angst

Last edited by MercuryT; 13-05-2020 at 08:27 PM.
MercuryT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post