Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Ford Car Clubs > Mid North Coast Ford Owners Club

Old 16-09-2010, 10:51 AM   #31
IAM58L

Kempsey Council will be looking at this matter mid october, so write to them show some support if you want it to go ahead.
ksc@kempsey.nsw.gov.au
Built by me in my shed.
IAM58L is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-09-2010, 06:38 PM   #32
Texas
The Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAM58L
Kempsey Council will be looking at this matter mid october, so write to them show some support if you want it to go ahead.
ksc@kempsey.nsw.gov.au

Bring it on . I for one would use it instead of the local back roads . A lot safer .So it cost $ but it would save a lot of lives & fines Young and old . A big draw card for Kempsey .
Texas is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-02-2011, 11:02 PM   #33
IAM58L

After a long time of hearing nothing this is all back in the paper (macleay argus) again both positive and negative the negative being one of the local councilors (Allan Snowsill) rallying against it, along with the usual old nay sayers writing letters to the edditor. Anyhow anyone local who reads the argus lets not let our voices go unheard.
Built by me in my shed.
Old 03-02-2011, 10:22 AM   #34
killerjoolz
KillerXR8

thanks for the update....lets hope the locals voice their opinions so this can go ahead

2009 TWEEKD FG XR8 IN SILHOUETTE
all mods done by Walter Markham from Oztek Performance
killerjoolz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-02-2011, 08:37 PM   #35
IAM58L

Just a link to the paper to give people an idea of what we are up against

http://www.macleayargus.com.au/news/...s/2069381.aspx

also has a comments section for anyone interested
Built by me in my shed.
Old 09-02-2011, 05:03 PM   #36
IAM58L

For any that missed is the poll on the argus website please show your support and vote yes for the drags http://www.macleayargus.com.au/polls/
just look through the list its there. have asked the paper to publish the results so lets make it count have also posted this in the pub section to look for non local support / votes. So far yes is winning lets keep i that way.
Built by me in my shed.
Old 11-02-2011, 07:34 PM   #37
IAM58L

Anyone interested in seeing this go ahead is invited to attend the get together below. this is an attempt to back up the positive press in fridays Macleay Argus see link. If you want this to go ahead i urge you to come along as if you don't you can't complain if it doesn't go ahead.

http://www.macleayargus.com.au/news/...l/2073372.aspx

The is gathering at Kempsey Riverside Boat Ramp car park to the left of the highway bridge at 2pm. The media will be in attendance. This is NOT a car show and is NOT organised by four aces, however they have been informed, support the gathering and their president will be in attendence. The more people and cars that are there the better as its our chance to show our support as a combined group and more so as a community. More information is available on facebook search for " all for drags @ the airport "and join up.

Anyone who attends is asked to drive and act within the law and in a resposible manner as our actions will be on show to the public and it only takes one tool to make us all look bad. If anyone does break the law or drive dangerously they will be reported to the police. Lets not stuff it up when we are so close. Please also note this area is an alcohol free zone!
Built by me in my shed.
Old 11-02-2011, 08:33 PM   #38
Texas
The Beast

Where is the boat ramp coming from port left or right before or after the bridge ? Is there ample parking
Texas is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-02-2011, 09:36 PM   #39
IAM58L

As you come north over the bridge take the left slip lane as you come off the bridge and at the lights. Take next left, you will pass video ezy on your right. At the end of this road it is straight ahead slightly to the left, has a entry similar to a driveway. As for parking it is normally empty however if room runs short (doubt it will) there is also parking on the grass and another carpark about 50m towards the traffic bridge and further parking on the road just outside. look to your left when comming over he bridge you should see the other cars there.
This is purely a meeting to draw media attention I am unsure how long it will last.
Thanks
Built by me in my shed.
Old 12-02-2011, 06:49 PM   #40
IAM58L

To update anyone that did / could not make it.
We had a reasonably good turn up with the short notice given. Local paper was there, took a few pics and it should be in the paper in a few days. Four aces gave everyone a run down on where they are up to and what the D/A is about. At this stage they are trying to get just one run at it in an attempt to address any unforseen issues and later turn that into 4 x 1 day races a year. Another meeting was discussed on a larger scale with more notice and may go ahead. Of interest was that most of the persons who attended would have been 25 years old demonstrating that it appeals to a mature audience rather than just the p plate "hoon" ellement that people assume.
Built by me in my shed.
Old 15-02-2011, 11:35 AM   #41
IAM58L

Article from weekends show of support

http://www.macleayargus.com.au/news/...n/2075967.aspx
Built by me in my shed.
Old 15-02-2011, 01:52 PM   #42
jd dad
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Keep pushing it, hopefully you will get there in the end. We have been running 1/8th mile at the local aerodrome for the past 6 years, takes alot of effort but worth it in the end.
Old 09-04-2011, 10:42 AM   #43
swanys turbo
Starter Motor

Default Re: Mid North Coast Drag Strip

make it happen
swanys turbo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post