Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 10-11-2022, 09:32 PM   #1
Chugalug
Starter Motor

Default Ford Focus LX 2010 2 L auto

Trying to fit LED high an low beam globes, Navra H 7 and H 1 JW Speaker.
The orignal globes lock into the groves in the head light unit Backing Plate, you remove this backing plate to relace the globes, when you refit the backing plate the gloges are already locked into postion.
These LED's have a round rear end that cannot lock into the backing plate.
It there some sort of adapter ?
Have I got the wrong brand of LED's
Anyone know how to make this work ?

All coments welcome
Chugalug is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-11-2022, 09:14 AM   #2
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 
Default Re: Ford Focus LX 2010 2 L auto

Your 2010 Focus is likely an LV so you are right in choosing H7 and H1 so they should fit as those fittings are what determines the globe type. In other words any H7 bulb should fit into an H7 socket but it's possible that the backing plate is what is stopping the bulk from fitting as most of the ones I've seen are flexible (like the projector headlight Falcons).

A quick Google tells me that pre 2015 you have to cut a small hole in the backing plate so the rear of the LED can project out of it and if the car has the headlamp warning system then you'll need LED's with a resistor fitted or CAN Bus error free LED's.

I won't bother you with the usual points about legality and beam pattern but you need to be aware of them.

Observatio Facta Rotae

russellw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post