Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 20-08-2022, 08:59 PM   #1
Active8
Starter Motor

Wink Deep sleep mode

Hi there, newbie here. First time Ford owner as well. Have a MY21 Focus Active with the Safety Pack.

Recently my Ford Pass keeps notifying me more frequently now that it is in deep sleep mode so no remote features can be done via the app. It also says to drive so the feature will be reactivated. It will be reactivated and it will deactivate again after a few hours. Before even if I don't drive the car for days it remains active.

Also, my start stop feature is not turning on as before. Bought the car in November 2021 as a demo but the car was registered on March 2021.

Just had the car recently serviced and the Recall (22S21) for the oil separator done as well and as per Dealer everything is all good. Just updated to Sync 4 as well.

Everything in the car works great once driving but just getting annoyed with the frequent notification of the deep sleep mode.

I have two cars and sometimes I don't the drive the Ford for days but never had the issue before. Is my battery on the way out? Will a trickle charger help when I don't drive the car?

Thanks
Active8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-08-2022, 12:41 PM   #2
Active8
Starter Motor

Default Re: Deep sleep mode

Correction re Ford Sync: updated to 3.4 and not 4
Active8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-08-2022, 07:01 PM   #3
martyal44
2010 G6E

I have a 19.75 Active and it will not use stop start when the battery is a bit low in charge.
Will see if a recall is needed on mine, Ford service this week.
martyal44 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-11-2022, 02:18 PM   #4
aaaaplay

Get your car batteries checked. Maybe they had been run flat once or twice before you owned the vehicles.

I've got an MY20 Focus ST-Line Wagon and my start stop works fine, the battery is putting out 14-14.8v.

Start stop can put unnecessary drain on the battery so it makes sense for the ECU to disable anything using excess power. That includes TCU (FordPass Modem).

MY21-onward Focus have FordPass, so the OP wouldn't be having that issue.
aaaaplay is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-11-2022, 07:14 PM   #5
Paul22

I have the same car also with the safety pack.

It, too, does the same thing and so I took it to the dealer who kept it for 2 days and returned it saying couldn't fault it and they had ' run out of warranty money and won't be doing anything more as everything was working as intended'.

Clearly it's not.
I believe my battery voltage is 14.5v whilst using which, I believe, renders the auto stop/start inoperative.

I have a trickle charger and after disconnecting it and starting the car voltage is 14.8v. However, within 30 minutes or so voltage drops to 14.5 and stop/start doesn't work.

Within a day or so after trickle charging I again get the message that the car is in deep sleep mode.
This means the car can't be started remotely. the passenger's door handle won't unlock/lock the car and now lane guidance has disappeared from the instrument cluster and is inoperative.
Also the radio shuts down immediately and can't be turned on manually if the engine isn't running.
And so, I've contacted FoMoCo and was advised to take it to another dealer and given a reference number which I have to quote back to Ford (not the dealer) on the day it's in the workshop.
12 months ago I had the above issues and they replaced the battery and the problem went away.
I'm not advocating a battery change as I believe it's a BMS issue which can't be deactivated like you can in the Ranger.
Because this dealer is over the other side of town I need a loan car. I have to pay $50/day for the free loan car to waive the insurance excess.
It's booked in for Friday 18th.
Paul22 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-11-2022, 09:28 PM   #6
stefcio007
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I had the battery issue and the start-stop not working.

The wrong battery was selected in the Body Control Module, it did not match the factory battery Ford installed so it was a production process error in the module software configuration.
After changing the selected battery to the one actually in the car the start-stop works everyday for more than a month now.
Deep sleep mode can be disabled on the APIM (module that contains Sync) but if you resolve the battery issue above then it should also resolve your Sync going in to deep sleep.
You will need an OBD adapter and a licensed copy of Forscan.

Happy to help as the issue drove me nuts for a while as I would charge the battery and start-stop would work only for a day or two and back again not working.
stefcio007 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-11-2022, 11:56 PM   #7
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Every advice post I visit where OP are seeking advice for their new vehicle, he is there and adds valuable support and advice for rectifying the problem. Really is a Legend. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The quality of information he provides is in depth and highly valued by those posting questions. 

https://www.ford.com.au/support/how-...eep.sleep.mode
GTLEGEND is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post