Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Ford Car Clubs > Ford Coupe Club of Australia > Coupe Restoration & Build

Old 08-08-2011, 07:07 PM   #1
SCJCoupe

Default Gee Vee's Coupe now in WA

Hi All, new on here, introduced to this site by Gee Vee. Thought some of you may be interested to know where his first Coupe ended up, and how it's holding up.
Well it ended up in sunny WA, and you will all be happy to hear I'm a proud and passionate Ford & particularly a Coupe person, so it's gone to a good home.

I've made some changes to the car (some not to George's liking, like the wheels and the GT stickers, but hey I like it). I've attached a bunch of photo's.

Some changes made are:
- Front radiator support panel replaced and repainted
- Front sway bar replaced with a 24mm Big Block bar. New nylothane Super Pro bushes and brackets.
- Front shock absorbers replaced with adjustable Koni’s.
- Exhaust tips raised
- Cigarette Lighter replaced with an original cigarette lighter casing & button.
- Replaced exterior locking petrol cap with an original unit (polished face, not chrome)
- Replaced and fit new steering idler arm, upper ball joint, lower ball joint and control arm bushes.
- Replaced 15” Globe mags with 16” Simmons
- Had a cross over pipe (balance pipe) installed connecting the two exhaust
pipes.
- retro look steering wheel cover.
- Changed battery to a 670 CCA unit for better starting.
- Installed 3” lowered Lovells front Springs.
- Replaced front A arm stock bushes with Nylothane bushes.
- Installed Lovells extra leaf, double front eyelet and lowered rear leaf springs.
- Put on GT351 Sticker decals.
- Installed 20mm rear Whiteline sway bar. Included all bushes, brackets and mounted to chassis.
- Replaced timing chain with a new Rollmaster Dual Chain and new cogs 10thou tension.
- Mounted new 4 core (large) air con radiator with AU XR8 thermo fans onto car using XC mounting brackets.
- Removed 9” diff that came with car and installed XC GXL 9” Diff, with factory large shoulders, 4 pinion carrier and disc brakes. Rebuilt with 3.7:1 ratio gears, 31 spline HiTuff Axles, DBA Gold Series drilled & slotted rotors and Bendix Ultimate brake pads.
- Replaced front disc brake rotors with new dba gold series slotted & drilled rotors, replaced front disc brake pads with new Bendix Ultimate brake pads.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 19-05-11 (19).JPG (144.6 KB, 177 views)
File Type: jpg Copy of 19-05-11 (18).JPG (142.4 KB, 141 views)
File Type: jpg Copy of 19-05-11 (14).JPG (144.7 KB, 138 views)
SCJCoupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-08-2011, 07:18 PM   #2
StrokedXT
Banned

Default Re: Gee Vee's Coupe now in WA

Looks great, you're a lucky fella
StrokedXT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-08-2011, 08:00 PM   #3
macman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

That's such a nice coupe, very glad it's new home is here in Perth. Can't wait to see it at some shows in the future.
macman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-08-2011, 10:32 PM   #4
GT-GTF
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Welcome buddy, I'm glad to hear you are enjoying my old coupe so much!
GT-GTF is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-08-2011, 06:52 PM   #5
SCJCoupe

Thanks StrokedXT, yes I'm very lucky. Took 12 plus months to find a good straight, rust free Coupe.
Macman, you can see it up close at this years All Ford Day at Bassendean Oval Sunday 30th October.
George have loved every minute of owning this car and enjoy driving it every chance I get.
Old 12-08-2011, 09:27 AM   #6
GT-GTF
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Not sure if I told you when you bought it, the grille was a New Old Stock one (that I wish I'd kept for my current project).
GT-GTF is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-08-2011, 08:08 PM   #7
SCJCoupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgevlah
Not sure if I told you when you bought it, the grille was a New Old Stock one (that I wish I'd kept for my current project).
Well I'm sure glad you left it on, it's a beauty. Thought it was nos or close to nos as saw no major cracks and no plastic welding repairs.

Picked up one just as good for my other build, but it was pricey!!