Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Ford Car Clubs > XR6 & XR8 Club of Queensland > XR Club of Qld Discussions

Old 28-02-2006, 07:32 PM   #1
SP Ken

Default Steve Ellery signs with Morris

G'day All,

Below is a link to the thread in "The Pits" section of these forums. It will show that Steve missed out on a full time drive this year and has signed with Morris for the Enduros. It is sad to see Steve leave the Blue Oval and us (Steve was one of our club patrons) but it is great to see at least he got some sort of a drive for 2006.

Cheers,

Ken

http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=38971

Old 28-02-2006, 07:36 PM   #2
BOSS 8
FG GT

Heard it this morning at 6.30am on the radio
Been depressed all day.
Good Luck anyway Steve
BOSS 8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-02-2006, 10:28 PM   #3
tucky
Central QUEENSLANDER

Steve
Mate glad for you, you deserved better, but hang in there
Tucky Rockhampton
Old 28-02-2006, 10:52 PM   #4
lotus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Sad day for Ford when someone like Steve is lost to the other side!
I feel 888 did the wrong thing by him (first Ford to finish at Bathurst and been fairly consistant for the year). But unfortunately these things do happen in motorsport.
All the BEST this year Steve in whatever you do and really hope to see you back in a Ford in the near future(one of the nicer blokes in the paddock)

Trish won't be happy : :jab:
Old 01-03-2006, 12:49 AM   #5
MNM96
LIFELONG DJR SUPPORTER

Celery Man, you just wait till you get back to Gladstone. I will ensure you SUFFER this time!

Best of luck for the Enduro's. I will cheer for the car when you are steering :togo:
MNM96 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-03-2006, 10:44 AM   #6
747FLI

Question Ellery

Good to hear that he is in with an Enduro drive, but what a shame that one of the true friendly characters of the sport has not been picked up by one the Ford teams, especially when some of the new 'second' drivers for some of these teams would have a hard time keeping up with Steve...but good to see him in a seat.
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-03-2006, 05:48 PM   #7
WHIPLASH
METALLICA and FORD FREAK

Unhappy Its a shame

Well i agree with you all that its a shame to loose someone like steve to THEM (holden) haha, but at least its a drive. just as long as its not a 2007 thing. But at least good ol Seto has a drive for the enduros, and with SBR. You can do it Glenny.

Good luck to them both

Little fox

Rolling back in my au forte
*18" xhp jetz
*alpine 4000watt audio
*tickford t3 bodykit

Still got a V8 but wanting to offload the shell if anyone is interested PM me.

(1993 EB body, some minor marks, full interior (electrics need attention) NO MOTOR, gearbox needs 5th. Make offer.

Also in the shed is a 3.9ltr straight six (1990 EA). headers, crow cam, 5spd manual included. may need minor rebuild. Again make offer

WHIPLASH is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post