Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 08-04-2006, 09:34 PM   #1
Peej

Default Ridin on 17's

All you guys on 17's, what sort of ride quality are u's gettin.. are we talkin teeth rattler? just wonderin as im gettin mine fitted in the next two weeks.

Peej is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-04-2006, 11:33 PM   #2
Scareybear
GRRRR.....

I'm still surprised at how well mine rides, even after lowering, still better than a commodore with 18's (bigger tyres though)

If you sneeze with your eyes open, do your eyes pop out??
Scareybear is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-04-2006, 10:25 AM   #3
Swaytan
Swaytan

I'm gonna be lookin into 17's in the next couple of weeks/months.

Can anybody recommend some good places in Sydney? I'll travel anywhere to get there within reason.

I drive past Tempe Tyres all the time, they seem to be extremely popular. Actually every weekend without fail, from 8:00am onwards they are PACKED with cars to be worked on.

I've also checked out the Ozzy Tyres website, they look good.

Any suggestions?
Swaytan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-04-2006, 10:27 AM   #4
Swaytan
Swaytan

Question, will 17"s wear out quicker?
Swaytan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-04-2006, 10:53 AM   #5
Peej

naaa 17's wont run out of tread easier, cuz legally you have to have a certain amount of tread on ur tyres anyway. How fast they wear out depends on your driving style, obvously if your thrashing it around you'll leave more rubber on the road than you would if you were a more conservative driver.
Peej is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-04-2006, 01:11 PM   #6
Scareybear
GRRRR.....

You will get slightly less wear out of lower profile tyres, because essentially they're a performance tyre, and as such use a softer compound rubber. depends on the brand of tyre too, cheaper brands tend to use harder compounds, increasing mileage, but not so grippy, I use federal tyres, which are a mid-range tyre, which work quite well but I'll still get decent km's out of them.
Also because the car will handle better you tend to corner faster, thus being harsher on the tyres.

If you sneeze with your eyes open, do your eyes pop out??
Scareybear is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-04-2006, 02:24 PM   #7
LethalLeigh
Get in the van!

I've had not issues running mine on 17s. I think any of the ride issues with the Fiesta come down to the short-ish wheelbase and light weight. I got my wheels through a company that dealt directly with my dealer, but I previously bought wheels for my Falcon through City Discount Tyres. I was very satisfied with their service. I'm not sure if they have any outlets in Sydney though, Swaytan.