Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Ford Car Clubs > XR6 & XR8 Club of Queensland > XR Club of Qld Events

Old 06-10-2005, 11:07 AM   #1
Big John
Starter Motor

Default Morgan Park 3rd Dec 2005

Hi members, just jogging your think tanks re Morgan Park event, we need more cars to keep cost per car down , and after this weekend ( Bathurst ) i think you will have the urge to put on the helmet and enjoy some track work and don`t forget Ladies you can have a go too. So get back to us asap, dep $25.00 payable either to Club PO Box or direct Club bank a/c.
Strictly only to Club Members....xr_events @ yahoo.com.au ..........

John G ( Big John ) Events Committee.

Big John is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-10-2005, 12:57 AM   #2
GRNKPR
DPC PERFORMANCE Race prep

Guys an awsome place to race on a fun track i towed a car from Melbourne to race here and i loved it .Dont miss out good ol country track beats a few in victoria

FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria

Ford Performance Car ClubFord Performance Car ClubFord Performance Car ClubFord Performance Car Club
GRNKPR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-10-2005, 01:30 AM   #3
rolling jaffa

Default Go the 6's

I think we need some of those slow AU XR8's to come out and play, or are they too scared? :
That would help to keep the cost down. :monkes:
from Denise.
rolling jaffa is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-10-2005, 09:28 AM   #4
Lightning Strike GT
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolling jaffa
I think we need some of those slow AU XR8's to come out and play, or are they too scared? :
That would help to keep the cost down. :monkes:
from Denise.
Thems fighting words : woman , ive paid and I am waiting to demolish those 6's (edit: not the Typhoons or the 6T's)
I don't think we of the AU XR8 clan - myself & Col & Trish , Phil & Bec , Pete & Deb will be too happy with those comments : oh please just move that rolling jaffa out of the way the "slow" out: AU XR8's are coming thru - try and catch us : HA AHA HA HA HA

Alan - PROUD "SLOW" AU XR8 OWNER
BRING ON THE 3/12 we won last time and we win AGAIN :
And an 2019 MD Mondeo Trend Wagon in Platinum White
Lightning Strike GT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-10-2005, 02:46 PM   #5
Grunter
Not of the Sooty variety!
Donating Member3

Don't worries Alan, the AU V8's will triumph!!

It's looking to be another fun track day with the whole facility all to ourselves for some hooning goodness! :

Here's a bit of the blurb that was mailed out to the members:

Quote:
...As mentioned previously, depending on final numbers and, we will be looking to run a timed event with 6-8 cars in each group. Each group will go onto the track session spaced apart and over approx 8 laps (or a set amount of time) will be timed per lap with a average of the top 80% of those laps going towards points allocated for the Challenge. Keep in mind that your racing yourself, not specifically the others on the track. Depending on numbers we’d expect to have 3-4 sessions on the day.

It’s expected that as well the Challenge sprints with points awarded towards the 6 v 8 Interclub Challenge, that we will also include track time for the more sedate drivers. This to allow those who would normally not be comfortable with an all out assault on the track, time where they can go for a cruise around the circuit without worrying about others going past at warp speed 10. We will set a pace car where a comfortable pace will be set for the first session to allow familiarisation of the circuit. The subsequent "Tame at Heart" sessions will be done at the pace that suits each driver.

This will be a great event for both drivers and spectators alike...
If I have half as much fun as the Darlington Park day, I'm going to be a very happy boy. :eclipsee_

Current
The Toy: 2002 AUIII TS50
The Daily and Tow Vehicle: 2016 VW Amarok
Grunter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-10-2005, 05:00 PM   #6
jabba
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I know I will be there, and I plan on belting the daylights out of those wussy 6,s. Lynton (Gecko) and Torie (Pirtekgirl) have also said they are a definetly coming and Vern (blue blood) will also be there if his motor is completed. My $25 will be deposited into the club Bank A/C on Monday the 10th OCT...
Man I am pumped for this track day, I can't wait to show those T6's who is the BOSS...Hahaha

Tuned by Elite Automotive

11.91 @ 117mph Vid
jabba is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-10-2005, 06:13 PM   #7
geckoGT
Ich bin ein auslander

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always level headed and i notice him being the voice of reason when a thread may be getting heated 

I am hoping to be there, may have to throw a sicky from work. I need to be there so I can dish out a kicking to the sixes and shut up that gobby Jabba!
Old 07-10-2005, 07:58 PM   #8
jabba
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It is all in the name off fun and competition. Just remember there is no malice involved just having a bit of a stir, hoping to get more guys and gulls racing on the day. Anyway with the luck I am having with my car, it will properly break down.

P.S. My ute has been in at ford all week getting the gear box seen to. They still don't know whats wrong with it.

11.91 @ 117mph Vid
Old 07-10-2005, 09:25 PM   #9
lotus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hi All
Unfortunately Trish and I won't be able to go on that Saturday (why do children have to get married!) due to a prior engagement.
Which is a REAL shame as I would like to witness the defeat of the 6's AGAIN for the second year!
To help ROLLING JAFFA and any other BA 6 owner (I'll leave the AU6's alone as they are half right)get accustomed to what they will see on the day, I enclose the following photo! lol
:eclipsee_Get use to the view!
Old 07-10-2005, 09:45 PM   #10
LighteningXR6T
Starter Motor

I'm paid up and ready to go for the 6's. Can't wait to see if Jabba and and Gecko can actually keep up with their mouths on the track!! It will be a heap of fun and really is run in the right spirit with just a bit of good natured fooling around between the 6's and 8's. If you are unsure don't be put off by the rubbish we say about each other here, you will have the best time. It's also compulsory for all club members with Turbos and Phoons to enter or your membership will be cancelled, honest.
LighteningXR6T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-10-2005, 09:53 PM   #11
liontamer2
Starter Motor

Default Morgan Pk.

OK all you 6's we don't need to be beaten by the 8's again so the more turbo's involved the better lets give them something to chase...... : go the 6's
liontamer2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-10-2005, 10:49 PM   #12
geckoGT
Ich bin ein auslander

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always level headed and i notice him being the voice of reason when a thread may be getting heated 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotus
Hi All
Unfortunately Trish and I won't be able to go on that Saturday (why do children have to get married!) due to a prior engagement.
Which is a REAL shame as I would like to witness the defeat of the 6's AGAIN for the second year!
To help ROLLING JAFFA and any other BA 6 owner (I'll leave the AU6's alone as they are half right)get accustomed to what they will see on the day, I enclose the following photo! lol
:eclipsee_Get use to the view!

But they don't see a bonnet bulge :

And just to confirm what Jabba said, our stirring is all just in the name of fun. There is no malice in it and it would end sooner if he would just admit I can kick his but.
Old 07-10-2005, 10:51 PM   #13
geckoGT
Ich bin ein auslander

Quote:
Originally Posted by LighteningXR6T
I'm paid up and ready to go for the 6's. Can't wait to see if Jabba and and Gecko can actually keep up with their mouths on the track!! It will be a heap of fun and really is run in the right spirit with just a bit of good natured fooling around between the 6's and 8's. If you are unsure don't be put off by the rubbish we say about each other here, you will have the best time. It's also compulsory for all club members with Turbos and Phoons to enter or your membership will be cancelled, honest.

Gobbing off is the best bit, adds some risk to it (eating humble pie if you get whipped : ). Besides we are just having fun!

XR8, GT, GT-P and Pursuit drivers look out, the ladies are packing hair dryers!
Old 07-10-2005, 10:54 PM   #14
SP Ken

Quote:
Originally Posted by liontamer2
OK all you 6's we don't need to be beaten by the 8's again so the more turbo's involved the better lets give them something to chase...... : go the 6's
I'm with ya Greg. We'll give a run for their money.

In all seriousness, we need as many on the day as we can get there. For those that are a bit more tame at heart come along and have a run on the track at your own pace. For those that are not that way inclined at all come out for the run and enjoy the day watching us all making fools out of ourselves. Remember that those that are going to the 888 day the next day that we will most likely stay over night in Warwick and head down to Willowbank on Sunday morning. Can you imaging the tall stories that are going to be told over dinner and a few drinks on Saturday night? The trip would be worth it just for that. So come on out have a great day / weekend.

Cheers,

Ken
Old 07-10-2005, 10:56 PM   #15
Penelope Pitstop
Can't get enough of this.

Location: Standing on the driveway sobbing because I don't have a PINK ute anymore :0(

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabba
It is all in the name off fun and competition. Just remember there is no malice involved just having a bit of a stir, hoping to get more guys and gulls racing on the day. Anyway with the luck I am having with my car, it will properly break down.

P.S. My ute has been in at ford all week getting the gear box seen to. They still don't know whats wrong with it.
So Matt is really building up his excuse database now isn’t he! No matter how badly we KICK his *** Gecko he is going to have a ready made excuse – Not related to our mate Skaifey are ya Jabba? :

I am definitely in for Morgan Park – monies have already been sent through and I am really looking forward to making a weekend out of it. Just need to make a mental note to stay out of Dons way this time – seeing that man in that car in your rear view mirror on the track is a truly terrifying sight – Trust Me! _2:

Cheers, Tori
Penelope Pitstop is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-10-2005, 10:58 PM   #16
geckoGT
Ich bin ein auslander

Quote:
Originally Posted by PirtekGirl76
So Matt is really building up his excuse database now isn’t he! No matter how badly we KICK his *** Gecko he is going to have a ready made excuse – Not related to our mate Skaifey are ya Jabba? :

Cheers, Tori

Tori

Deep,deep down he knows!
Old 08-10-2005, 12:26 PM   #17
Lightning Strike GT
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by geckoxr8
Gobbing off is the best bit, adds some risk to it (eating humble pie if you get whipped : ). Besides we are just having fun!

XR8, GT, GT-P and Pursuit drivers look out, the ladies are packing hair dryers!

Lynton you also forgot to add "would you like a glass of water to help swallow your foot" and don't worry all you 6 ers if you do happen to choke on the humble pie or you foot there will be a couple of Ambo's out there who just happen to be in the 8 brigade :
The only hair drier I am worried about is the one where the pilot is on a diet of rum, listens to country and western (or both) and tames lions

Alan
And an 2019 MD Mondeo Trend Wagon in Platinum White
Lightning Strike GT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-10-2005, 06:16 PM   #18
Grunter
Not of the Sooty variety!
Donating Member3

Whilst I'm all for giving the cylinder deficiant guys n gals a bit of a ribbing, it's worth noting that the 6s team missed out on putting the smackdown on the 8s team overall by less than half a second at last years 6 vs 8 Challenge at Darlington Park. :

Current
The Toy: 2002 AUIII TS50
The Daily and Tow Vehicle: 2016 VW Amarok
Grunter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-10-2005, 08:41 PM   #19
geckoGT
Ich bin ein auslander

Quote:
Originally Posted by AU XR8
Lynton you also forgot to add "would you like a glass of water to help swallow your foot" and don't worry all you 6 ers if you do happen to choke on the humble pie or you foot there will be a couple of Ambo's out there who just happen to be in the 8 brigade :
The only hair drier I am worried about is the one where the pilot is on a diet of rum, listens to country and western (or both) and tames lions

Alan

Yeah that is one hair dryer I won't play with!
Old 08-10-2005, 09:33 PM   #20
jabba
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by PirtekGirl76

I am definitely in for Morgan Park – monies have already been sent through and I am really looking forward to making a weekend out of it. Just need to make a mental note to stay out of Dons way this time – seeing that man in that car in your rear view mirror on the track is a truly terrifying sight – Trust Me! _2:

Cheers, Tori
OH that is just dam right nasty... No I am not related to Skaifey, He just spins of the track(That why Whirlpool are sponsoring him next season). I am dead set on having my ute 110% for the spring day. I have even swapped my new tyres with a differant set because I was not happy with them. Unforturnly I can not afford a set of semi race compound rubber so streeties will have to do.. I am not joking about my gear box. she is stuffed

11.91 @ 117mph Vid
Old 08-10-2005, 09:42 PM   #21
jabba
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by geckoxr8
Yeah that is one hair dryer I won't play with!
Yeh lion tamer is going to be hard to beat, Vern was even beaten by him at the Cannonball. But I have a plan for the V8 boys. It's a bit like Delta force. We will need to intercept and capture the Lion tamer before he get's to the track. We will bound and gag him and keep him in a ice cream van untill the end of the day. That way if he gets a bit roudy we can feed him some ice cream and he should calm down. : :

11.91 @ 117mph Vid
Old 08-10-2005, 10:46 PM   #22
liontamer2
Starter Motor

You know what u can do with the icecream but could be bribed will those little black cans : it's the DON that will be hard to keep up with with his big brakes :
liontamer2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-10-2005, 12:26 PM   #23
SYKES
Starter Motor

I'm in and can't wait! I paid my money and this time I have a set of slotted DBA's and a good set of pads to go in just for the day which should help. Especially after not having much left after one lap of DP. I can still see the look that Liontamer gave me in the pre run chat when I said I only had stockers! Oh well! I might try to get some coin together for some springs and edit by then also which might help a little since I got waxed by Don in the stright line sprints at the end of the day last time at DP! But as PirtekGirl said about having Don behind you on the track............Well give me a F6 with Brembo's and track tires and I will give him a run!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go the 6's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mick
SYKES is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-10-2005, 01:18 PM   #24
geckoGT
Ich bin ein auslander

A very common sight in my rear vision mirror, but tends to drop away rather quickly! : : :
Old 10-10-2005, 06:21 PM   #25
DJR02
Blown DJR

Hi all,

Good to be back on line.

I am looking foward to the 6 v 8 challenge, all being well the DJR will be packing a little something extra for those pesky 6's :

Stay tuned

Jeff
Old 10-10-2005, 08:53 PM   #26
geckoGT
Ich bin ein auslander

Ok, this is good. They may have hair dryers but we have DJR on our side!
Welcome back. Bet you won't have trouble with brakes with those alcons for anchors!

Be very very quiet, we're hunting sixes!
Old 10-10-2005, 08:55 PM   #27
LighteningXR6T
Starter Motor

Correct me if I'm wrong but the results of the last Cannoball Ball day (3 events) was the 6's took first place in two events and the 8's only one. I think that means we are still ahead.
Old 10-10-2005, 09:00 PM   #28
geckoGT
Ich bin ein auslander

Quote:
Originally Posted by LighteningXR6T
Correct me if I'm wrong but the results of the last Cannoball Ball day (3 events) was the 6's took first place in two events and the 8's only one. I think that means we are still ahead.

When were the details for the results taken, did they do a copy of time slips in the tower?
Old 10-10-2005, 09:38 PM   #29
LighteningXR6T
Starter Motor

Sorry, meant to say last 6's vs 8's at Darlington Park last year, not at Willowbank. We had a motokana, timed lap, and short drag (around 300m). The 6's won the kana and the drag by memory. Do we know the results from Willowbank this year?

Last edited by LighteningXR6T; 10-10-2005 at 10:00 PM.
Old 10-10-2005, 09:43 PM   #30
geckoGT
Ich bin ein auslander

Ok I thought you meant canonball this year. Isn't it a new comp each year?