Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Ford Car Clubs > XR6 & XR8 Club of Queensland > XR Club of Qld Events

Old 25-09-2005, 09:16 PM   #31
jabba
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Cheers Shane and Kerry. It was my first cruise that I have been on and I throughly enjoyed it, so did little Hughy.. It was good to meet some of the clubbies, exspecialy you Torie.

The XR club of QLD ROCKS

See you all at Morgan Park.......

Matt & Hugh

Tuned by Elite Automotive

11.91 @ 117mph Vid
jabba is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-09-2005, 10:17 PM   #32
geckoGT
Ich bin ein auslander

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always level headed and i notice him being the voice of reason when a thread may be getting heated 

Got to add my thanks too, what a great day! The Goodwin + 1 clan enjoyed it thoroughly and it was awesome seeing all the kids waving on the side of the road. I took some pics and will post them as soon as I have time.
Old 25-09-2005, 10:25 PM   #33
DeepPockets GTP
Starter Motor

Default Hinterland Cruise

Totally exhausted!!! After a huge run with 54 or so FORDS rounding the coast.
What a fantastic day for the CLUB, as they say in QLD picture prefect day!
Well done Shane & Kerry!
On behalf of all attended, great attendance and a cruise well done!
Its great to see the support from the financial members in the encouragement we recieved for the current committee.
Looking forward to Big & Better things in the future.
Old 25-09-2005, 10:32 PM   #34
Penelope Pitstop
Can't get enough of this.

Location: Standing on the driveway sobbing because I don't have a PINK ute anymore :0(

Thank you to the Blue Thunders for organising such an enjoyable day out. This was my first official cruise and I had an absolute ball.

Was great to see such a good show of cars and support and was brilliant to meet a few new people. I even got to meet a gorgeous boy which is always a thrill – pity Hughy is only 15 months old though! - Luckily his Dad was pretty good company as well. _2:

Cheers, Tori
Penelope Pitstop is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-09-2005, 10:33 PM   #35
Blue Thunder 2

Thumbs up

Hey All, :eclipsee_

Shane and Kerri from Blue Thunder here. We hope everyone enjoyed the cruise today. We were wrapped with the great turnout that we got. Once again a great day, great people and what can we say about those great cars except there all bloody awesome.

It just shows by the amount of people that attended and in light of recent events within the club that everyone still thinks that the XR6 / XR8 Club Of Qld is the best Ford club in Australia. We are proud to be associated with such a great bunch of people, so good on everyone , give yourselves a clap and a big pat on the back. You all deserve it.

A big thankyou to the committee you all do a tremendous job. Keep up the good work. We know this club can only grow and go from strength to strength and be better than ever. We both can hardly wait for the next club event.
SO BRING IT ON!!!!!!!!! :
Blue Thunder 2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-09-2005, 11:12 PM   #36
fiery
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Talking Hinterland Cruise

Well done Shane & Kerri,
as others have said, awesome organising & running of the day.

I can actually say my confidence in those windy type roads is building, had an absolute ball today.
Thanks a heap :sm_headba to all members for making it great

Looking forward to the next club event :

Cheers
Kerri

P.S: Oi Drew you forgot to show me the pics mate lol
oh well next time eh!!!
fiery is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-09-2005, 11:29 PM   #37
Blue Thunder 2

Typhoon Ken,

Blue Thunder here again. Thanks for the caps.They look good on the car, and by the way we thought you did a good job at the meeting today. See you all soon.

Blue Thunder.
Blue Thunder 2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-09-2005, 12:14 AM   #38
V8 Belter
Starter Motor

wow what a great day, i had such an awesome time.

a big thanks for the great organisational skills of the cruise leaders. we really showed those turbo jap crap what cars are really meant to be like!!

does anyone have any pictures of that silver XR6 AU Falcon? that thing really pulled away quickly, i think he was from victoria or something?

cheers, baz
V8 Belter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-09-2005, 08:40 AM   #39
Ramblin Rose
Justin and Kirsty

Hi guys,
My name is Kirsty and I had the pleasure of joining my mum glenda on the cruise yesterday and I absolutely loved it.
A big thumbs up to the co-ordinators for such a great day!
I also loved it that much that we (my family and I) have decided to become members so keep a look out for us on the next cruise.

Thanks once again for such a great day out.
Kirsty

Last edited by Ramblin Rose; 26-09-2005 at 08:43 PM.
Ramblin Rose is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-09-2005, 09:20 AM   #40
godalmighty
junior

Default hinterland cruise

Tankyou to the organisers Shane and Kerri for the cruise we thought the hinterland was terrific enjoyed the scenery along the way. So good to see so many cars turn up for the cruise and it was so good to catch up with a lot of friends from the darwin trip. We just want to say to Ken that we appreciated you being honest and open about where the club is heading at the moment and do beleive that we will be just as strong a club in the future thanks for a great day !!!!!!!!
cheers from Michael and Sandra
godalmighty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-09-2005, 09:54 AM   #41
Lightning Strike GT
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Top day out

Shane & Kerri once again thanks for the top day out you guys did a fantastic effort , well done

PS: Fiery glad you fixed those brake lights fixed : nothing like a repair in the middle of nowhere.....

Alan
And an 2019 MD Mondeo Trend Wagon in Platinum White
Lightning Strike GT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-09-2005, 11:33 AM   #42
lms10

Excellent Cruise Shane and Kerri Thanks!! Myself Rob and Mitch had a fantastic time as always, I love the way people stop and drop everything to watch us all cruise by...The amount of clubbies that were there truley showed just how strong our club is and how Loyal all our members are.. Thanks to Ken, Genelle, Big John and the rest of the committe for running the club with the motto that "it belongs to all of us"...It really is a great club with wonderful members (and Genelle I think Mitch wants to take you home)
Lissa
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-09-2005, 03:21 PM   #43
phoon
BOLLOCKS

Thanks to all at the xr club for a great day yesterday, It was amazing to arrive at the hyperdome and as soon as I got out of my car, was welcomed by xr6per who I didnt know from a bar of soap. Straight away I new that this was a club I would be proud to be associated with. The day only got better from there. Ive got my application form to join and will be posting it off this week. You all should be proud of what you have, you are a great bunch of people and the best part is, you are all Ford Nuts.

Jeff
phoon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-09-2005, 05:02 PM   #44
vegabass
BASS ON BOARD!

Default Best Club

The turn out just shows this club can handle anything!!!

So i hear there were some more rice burners tring to shame us
just like the Toowoomba fool?

They dont learn LOL
Old 26-09-2005, 06:55 PM   #45
Nath_xr

Top effort Shane and Kerri.

Great Cruise, Great people and Great Cars

Cheers Nathan
Old 26-09-2005, 06:57 PM   #46
xr6per

Default Hinterland cruise

Thanks to Shane and Kerri for putting this great cruise together.
The instructions set a new benchmark, the way you had the numbers on the map so we could instantly tell where on the run we were, was awesome.
Thanks to the committee for all the hard work they have put in recently, keeping it all together.
Glad to hear you enjoyed your first cruise with the club Phoon, I am sure we will see alot more of you and your son in the future. Thanks also to all the other first timers for comming along.
Can't wait for the events calender to come out so we can put some more crosses in the diary.
See you all again on the next run.

Cheers Per
xr6per is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-09-2005, 07:20 PM   #47
747FLI

Thumbs up

Thanks for a great day Shane and Kerri...great job!

Denise and Rod it was great to catch up with you and meet you properly this time! Look forward to catching up again...look forward to you popping in for a surf at Curra's soon!!!

Like many of the comments...if you haven't met someone before in this club, just say g'day and you'll get a big friendly g'day back...too easy! And, it's obvious it's not a competition, it's a shared passion, and that's the best thing.

Ken, Sue, Jeff and Genelle, thanks for all your work.

Ben, thanks for the tips, and how about a small trade for my AU1 for that BA GT?!!!

Sian and I had a great day.

Lokking forward to Phillip Island Don, just let me know if you need a hand with anything at all for the trip?

Cheers,

Dave
Old 26-09-2005, 07:52 PM   #48
geckoGT
Ich bin ein auslander

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always level headed and i notice him being the voice of reason when a thread may be getting heated 

Time for some pics! I have put them up as links, just to be nice to our dial up freinds.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y22...8/DSCN0931.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y22...8/DSCN0963.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y22...8/DSCN0965.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y22...8/DSCN0959.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y22...8/DSCN0942.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y22...8/DSCN0935.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y22...8/DSCN0930.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y22...8/DSCN0929.jpg
Old 26-09-2005, 08:08 PM   #49
The Force
Rebel

Many thanks to Shane & Kerri for a fantastic day.

It was great to finally meet a few people and have a chance to chat.

To the committe a big thanks for being honest,although I've only been a member for
a relatively short time, yesterdays meeting proved to me I made the right decision in
joining the club.The passion I felt amongst the club members proves that the club can only get better and stronger.

Can't wait until the Phillip Island trip the kids are already counting down the days.

Cheers

Andrew & Melanie and kids.
The Force is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-09-2005, 08:39 PM   #50
Noddy
Mercury Silver T3

Thanks for the pics Lynton, it looks and sounds like it was a fantastic event, only wish i could of been there, maybe next time. To Shane and Kerri congrats on organising running a great event. Look forward to catching up at the next club meet.

Matt

2017 Magnetic Mustang

What to hear a tuff T3?
Click here
http://s7.photobucket.com/albums/y30...ent=Movie2.mp4
Noddy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-09-2005, 09:02 PM   #51
Deadman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Did some of you guys meet outside the Logan Hyperdome?

I was taking my wife to work down there at Kmart on sunday morning (in my blue ba xr6 :p) and noticed about 12 falcons all lined up and thought it was probably the start of a cruise...

I to am very interested in joining and had to slow down to have a good look - some very nice looking cars Hope you had a good time guys, look forward to being a part of it in the future
Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-09-2005, 09:04 PM   #52
Dragon Lady
Starter Motor

Thumbs up What a GREAT Day!

Well, what else can I add, except - ditto, ditto and ditto.

It was a great day, with great people, great cars, and what a fantastic club.

I just have to put in my two cents worth anyway!

Thanks to Shane and Kerri for organising such a fun day. :

And a very special thanks to ALL the committee members. You guys are doing a great job under very difficult conditions, and your honesty was appreciated. Keep up the good work. I think the sheer number of cars and members that came on Sunday should show you that we are completely behind you and that this club will get through this difficult time and grow from strength to strength.

Well done to all concerned your efforts are appreciated.

Glenda and Chris
Dragon Lady is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-09-2005, 09:08 PM   #53
Noddy
Mercury Silver T3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford_Falcon_XR6

I was taking my wife to work down there at Kmart on sunday morning (in my blue ba xr6 :p) and noticed about 12 falcons all lined up and thought it was probably the start of a cruise...

I to am very interested in joining and had to slow down to have a good look - some very nice looking cars Hope you had a good time guys, look forward to being a part of it in the future
pm sent.

2017 Magnetic Mustang

What to hear a tuff T3?
Click here
http://s7.photobucket.com/albums/y30...ent=Movie2.mp4

Last edited by Noddy; 26-09-2005 at 09:18 PM.
Noddy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-09-2005, 11:11 PM   #54
fiery
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by AU XR8
PS: Fiery glad you fixed those brake lights fixed : nothing like a repair in the middle of nowhere.....Alan
Yep so true Alan, so true....
Learnt something new out of the experience at least, must remember to put ALL tools in boot, oh and spare fuses : lol.
Thanks for the lend of pliers (sorry, cant remember your name, but you know who you are --white 98 XR Ute)...

Awesome pics ghecko, I haven't downloaded mine yet, but will get to it sometime this week.

Cheers
Kerri
fiery is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-09-2005, 11:26 PM   #55
MissFord

Well done Shane & Kerri on organising a fantastic cruise. It certainly sets the bar high for the next one. Can't wait.
This was my first official cruise as a member. Previously I've tagged along as a passenger. Nice to be the pilot this time and not the navigator. Mind you I think the navigator I had needs a few lessons. Had a couple of U-turns to do in a hurry to catch the pack. Thanks for taking up the rear Big John.
To the committee I think you are all doing a great job. I've been in a position to see how much "blood sweat & tears" & your time you are all putting in for the members and the club. It is greatly appreciated & you have my full support. Keep up the good work!
Terrific photos Gecko.
Till the next club event,
MissFord
Old 27-09-2005, 12:01 AM   #56
xr6per

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford_Falcon_XR6

Hi F_F_XR6, next time don't be shy, just come over and say hi. By the time we left the Hyperdome there were 46 or 48 cars in the lineup. We later picked up 6 or 8 cars further down M1 so in total we were 54 cars. Hope you get a change to join us one day.

Cheers Per
xr6per is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-09-2005, 12:07 AM   #57
geckoGT
Ich bin ein auslander

Quote:
Originally Posted by xr6per
Hi F_F_XR6, next time don't be shy, just come over and say hi. By the time we left the Hyperdome there were 46 or 48 cars in the lineup. We later picked up 6 or 8 cars further down M1 so in total we were 54 cars. Hope you get a change to join us one day.

Cheers Per
Yeah it was bigger and better later on, way more fun too!
Old 27-09-2005, 10:40 AM   #58
Deadman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by xr6per

Cheers Per
Going to email now to get the forms to sign up :

Hope to see you all on a cruise sometime in the future :evilsasmo
Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-09-2005, 11:30 AM   #59
XT221
Blue Blooded

Had a great day sunday on my first cruise with the club, Thanks Shane & Kerri for organising such a fun cruise....Bring on the next one!!!
XT221 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-09-2005, 05:17 PM   #60
xr8 utey
FORD DRIVERS WANTED!

Smile

[QUOTE=geckoxr8]Time for some pics! I have put them up as links, just to be nice to our dial up freinds.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y22...8/DSCN0931.jpg
QUOTE]
hello gecko xr8,just a wee suggestion for the benefit of dial-up users,could you copy and paste the img link from your photobucket site to here or create a sub album with the link of your pictures from your events?
example of image link:

example of sub album link:

http://photobucket.com/albums/v423/x...own500%202005/
for those to do check out the link above it is from the betta500 at sandown 05 hope this helps you geckoxr8 : sorry about going off topic