Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Ford Car Clubs > XR6 & XR8 Club of Queensland > XR Club of Qld Events

Old 26-11-2005, 10:24 AM   #1
foxylady

Default Phillip Island Up-Date

Topics and photos to follow;
Where's Foxes video camera
New Version of pole dancing....compliments of Tucky
Party House rules
Who in the club has a new toy boy?
Is there racing at Phillip Island!??????

Foxy Lady and Mrs Black Panther

foxylady is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-11-2005, 08:24 PM   #2
MNM96
LIFELONG DJR SUPPORTER

Thats as bad as prickteasing, all that info, no stories. This thread is usless without PICS!
MNM96 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-11-2005, 08:55 PM   #3
foxylady

Phillip Island
Day one; 8 intrepid clubbies set off from Goodna at 3 am for Phillip Island. After a truckies breakfast at Goondiwindi we were Gilgandra for lunch in NSW time. With a visit to the ‘dish’ scientific not female, it was back on the road for Narrandera for the first night of entertainment! Dinner at the services club and then back to our motel for a chat and drinks.

Day two; A more civilized time to depart at 8am as we make our way to Shepparton. The Priority at this stage for the boys was to engage in there favorite sport of ‘car washing’, with the girls waiting patiently for lunch and hunting the streets for the nearest pit stop. With the cars sparkling again it was time of some lunch at the slowest McDonalds in Australia with the Foxes getting take away due to the time in the line!!!!
Next stop..FPV. On arrival at FPV there was a large black cloud hanging over the top the Foxes car when the statement ‘where’s Josh’s hat’ had changed to “Where is our video Camera”????? This is the quietest that young Josh has been as he took a very wide birth of his parents for about the next 2 hours….Camera was safe having its own little vacation at the car wash in Shepparton and was going to miss the V8’S this weekend. Josh at this stage had regained facial expressions however was still not saying too much.
We had a fantastic tour of the FPV site with the cars not loaded for the racing this visit was very informative, Thanks Don for organizing this.
We were joined at this stage by the rest of the crew flow in from various parts of Queensland and PEACE had now left us!!! Welcome TUCKY! A big THANKS to DAVE for handing over the 2 way for the trip to Phillip Island. Roaming Melbourne traffic was an education and experience that is one to be avoided next time.
SanRemo was the allocated stop for supplies, and some food! With the house allocation and tour of Smith’s Beach over it was drinks at the allocated ‘PARTY HOUSE’ complete with ‘the love shack’. After 2 days of sitting it was time for some exercise. While most chose the popular arm to mouth sport some decided that POLE DANCING, with TUCKY kindly volunteering the be the POLE, was the way to go!!!! And we do have the evidence on film!
Along with the popular of sport of where is Josh’s hat back in vogue, the hat ended up high in the roof beams of the house. The night ended in the early morning of day three.

Day three; Clubbies become tourists for the day seeing the sights of Phillip Island and relaxing. Dinner at the Golf club was very enjoyable and must faster then McDonalds for some…Dean you need to smile nicely to get your dinner!! Even managed to get to bed before midnight tonight.

Day four; and the racing / practice begins we all headed to the track with the pits the first stop……in hope of catching up with some drivers to wish them the best for the weekend. A BIG thanks to Steve Ellery who took the time to come out of his trailer when asked just to speak with us, we wish him all the best for the weekend and securing a drive for 2006. With great results in both the HVDC and the Supercars at practice it was looking like a FORD 1, 2, 3 finish on Sunday.

Thanks to Don and Eileen for choosing the great restaurant Taylors as the view, meal and company was excellent. Back to party house at the end of dinner for all of the above mentioned activities to begin again, with the inclusion of Mrs Qantas acquiring a toy boy…after suggesting she needed a bed a hatless boy offered his!!!!!! Again day four ended in the morning of Day five.

Day five; The early rises get up to make the ‘lunches’ for the others who must be getting to old to handle both late nights and early mornings!!!
We arrive at the track to see the last qualifying session, thanks to Anthony Tratts spectacular crash we got to see all of this qualifying session with Garth Tander at the top of the times for this but soon to be repositioned to 4th after the top 10 shoot-out, with FORD 1, 2, 3. It was about this time that we welcomed Mal Peel to the group and just wished that we would have collected the snake that we all saw on the way down for him as we know from Darwin that he LOVES snakes.
Race one results 1-5
Lowndes, Tander, Ambrose, Kelly and Ingall, told you there was racing!
At time of posting we are preparing for a BBQ at the party house…….again, there was a detox book on the coffee table on our arrival so we have decided that it was the house that was influencing the party mode.

Foxy Lady and Mrs Black Panther

PS photo's to come.
Old 28-11-2005, 04:52 PM   #4
foxylady

On Saturday evening we had the pleasure to entertain 3 ‘dark side’ supporters who are good friends of Don and Eileen Turner who proved that not all Holden supporters (and Yanks) are bad. A big thanks to Miles ‘Milo’ Wood, Greg ‘Disco’ Miller and Phil ‘Bails’ Bailey for a great evening on Saturday.

This was followed on Sunday by Milo playing ‘guess who is in the Super Cheep mascot pig suit’ with all monies raised going to the RON MILLER FOUNDATION Children’s Hospital Brisbane. All questions asked varied in cost from $1.00 --$10.00 per question. I would love to tell you who the ‘PIG’ is however since this we did this for charity, so the ‘PIG’ will remain un-named (except for clubbies wishing to contribute to the foundation, final bid for answers was $10.00 this can be given to Don Turner who will forward the monies to the foundation).

We raised $125.00 for the RON MILLER FOUNDATION Children’s Hospital Brisbane which was matched dollar-for-dollar by HOG’S BREATH CAFÉ JOONDALUP-Western Australia taking the total to $250.00….Thanks to Milo and Phil for their contribution.

Great night, good cause ….thanks to all….special thanks to Little Fox, for a Little Fox you have a big heart.

Therese Walker
Old 28-11-2005, 08:08 PM   #5
tucky
Central QUEENSLANDER

Well I am glad to say the Tucky's are home in Rocky, thanks to all for a great time and those still driving take care, it is 32 degrees at the moment so have thawed out real quick, caught up with Son of Tucky and Grandkids and Amanda at layover in Brissie.
Thanks everyone it was a great week, now for the detox
Old 30-11-2005, 10:18 PM   #6
Black Panther

Well it was all back to normal today after a huge week at Phillip Island, thanks to Don & Eileen for organising such a great trip :sm_headba .The group of people that went down were a pleasure to associate with and to share a lot of great times partying & partying. The accommodation that we called the party house really lived up to the name!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :disco: : : . To have driven all that way and have a FORD driver win the round & have a FORD driver win the championship just topped off a great weekend. It was very hard to leave that house on Monday morning after 5 days of living it up & did I mention those great views from our verandah & from the love nest : it was a pleasure to wake up to, when we got to bed that is. : : : .We have photo's and will down load them soon.
Thanks again to everyone that went down for your company & friendship and the odd drink _2: .
Dean & Therese
Black Panther is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-12-2005, 12:34 AM   #7
Noddy
Mercury Silver T3

Just a couple of Nats pics from the PI weekend.

2017 Magnetic Mustang

What to hear a tuff T3?
Click here
http://s7.photobucket.com/albums/y30...ent=Movie2.mp4
Noddy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-12-2005, 04:08 PM   #8
747FLI

Wink Phillip Island Recovery

Hey Troops,

We arrived back to a "very wet" Sunshine Coast on Thursday. A little bit earlier than expected but the weather right up the coast was terrible so home bound became the priority.

Many thanks to each and every one on the trip as you all added a valuable part to what was an absolute CRACKER TIME : I am buggered now but am also releived that I got home to finding out I passed Uni...JUST!!!

As this was my first big trip with the club I was curious as to how we'd all get along etc. No need to worry because the only real nutter was me! Oh, and Tucky, Foxy, Deano...etc...nope we were all nuts!!! :evil_laug

There were some scary moments like Andrew's early moring excursion to the wrong side of the road works at speed, Foxy not killing Foxette for donating the video camera to the carwash that can really clean...clean so well it can take your paint off!!! My anger "step it out sideways" burnout was the best I'd done in a while!!! Paint's AOK though. But I am now on my way now to the mechanic...yes we all know about the squeak!!! I'll report back once we find the cure!

Also a big thanks to my two new mates, Josh and Josh for keeping me on my toes!

Black Panther...how's the bonnet???

Tucky...get stuffed

Foxy...I've got the rain check for the GT drive!

Tony...thanks for the tunnel/exhaust/noise!

And a big thanks to Don & Eileen for organising such a great trip to such a beautiful place...even without the racing it would remain a very memorable weekend.

Thanks all and see you all soon I hope...

Dave "The BBQ Mayor" :
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-12-2005, 09:25 PM   #9
xr8 utey
FORD DRIVERS WANTED!

Talking check out the security guard!!

we might have to tender out the security contract it:
Old 03-12-2005, 11:47 PM   #10
fxr88
Bandana Bandit

Thanks mate, to many rums :baby bott not enough shut-eye sleep: i think, can't really remember.
The Bandana Bandit (Tony) :
fxr88 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-12-2005, 12:57 AM   #11
WHIPLASH
METALLICA and FORD FREAK

Default Here they are

The pics are in. It starts with the 4 V8 supercar groupies in the back of deano's ute. Then moves onto TUCKY as a pole. There you go mick. Glen and don, is there somthing you're not telling us ?????? :

Rolling back in my au forte
*18" xhp jetz
*alpine 4000watt audio
*tickford t3 bodykit

Still got a V8 but wanting to offload the shell if anyone is interested PM me.

(1993 EB body, some minor marks, full interior (electrics need attention) NO MOTOR, gearbox needs 5th. Make offer.

Also in the shed is a 3.9ltr straight six (1990 EA). headers, crow cam, 5spd manual included. may need minor rebuild. Again make offer

WHIPLASH is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-12-2005, 10:09 PM   #12
foxylady

Default We're Home!!

well we finally made it home after an awesome two weeks. Thanks to each and everyone who made this trip such a ball. Morgan Park was a blast,or so Dean and glen tell us, they were still on a high at 10 oclock that night.888 day was fun even if we did spend too much money, We cant wait till the next trip away so we can catch up again with you all. :
Old 07-12-2005, 03:18 PM   #13
747FLI

Default Vic Club

Hey guys and girls,

If you want to see some more good photos from the weekend jump into the Vic Club Phillip Island thread where they have a link to their photos...enjoy.

Work is not easy after the time away...back to it...ho hum! e

Dave
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post