Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Cougar and Probe

Old 13-11-2010, 02:35 PM   #1
cougs61
Old but not slow

Default A couple of Q's

Does the rear "brake light" on the boot actually work or is it just a reflector?

Also, is there a place in Australia that makes or supplies body kits for Cougars?

Old 14-11-2010, 02:54 PM   #2
baz

The brake light on the boot is supposed to work, mine does.
baz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-11-2010, 05:26 PM   #3
cougs61
Old but not slow

Hmmmm, mine isn't even wired up. Not even a bulb in it.
Old 14-11-2010, 06:13 PM   #4
REDDYZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by cougs61
Hmmmm, mine isn't even wired up. Not even a bulb in it.
It should work and am guessing that the bulb holder and wire must have fell behind. You will need to open the trim inside the boot (rear of hatch door) to access it and plug it back in the light case. No reason for anyone to chop it. Am sure it must have fell behind.
Ex Cougar - 00' MTX 2.5L (Limited edition Eibach Cougar); Dark Green Tourmaline; Lowered with Eibach tuned suspension from factory; SVT UIM, LIM & Throttle body; Supercat 2.5" dual exhaust with twin pipe quad outlets; Custom headers; Custom coloured instrument cluster; K&N Apollo CAI kit; Calibre oil catch can.

Now driving a Lexus RX 450h. Your guess is correct that I am a family man now.
REDDYZ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-11-2010, 10:43 AM   #5
thearrow

There no local manufacturers of body kits in Australia so you will have to import one from the USA. Best thing to do is get on line and check which kind yuo want as there is quite a variety and take it from there.
thearrow is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-11-2010, 01:55 PM   #6
cougs61
Old but not slow

Woohooo, after a bit of a search, found said holder. It had dropped way down into the boot section, so all is good now.

Thanks REDDYZ for pointing me in that direction...