Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > The Sales Yard > Spare Parts and Other Accessory Items > Genuine Ford Parts

Genuine Ford Parts A forum for the purchase of genuine Ford parts via an AFF member.

Old 01-06-2022, 11:11 AM   #841
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Every advice post I visit where OP are seeking advice for their new vehicle, he is there and adds valuable support and advice for rectifying the problem. Really is a Legend. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The quality of information he provides is in depth and highly valued by those posting questions. 
Default Re: Genuine Ford Parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashwin View Post
Hi GT.

After a water pump (incl of pulley) for an AU3. Some references indicate it may have been AU2 8501KTPP at some point in time. However I can only find BA8501KTPP now (BA BF FG).

Any chance of the AU one still been available or who may be the OEM supplier ?

Thanks!
Hi Ashwin,

I am going to assume its a 6 cyl 4.0 as the part numbers you refer to are for that engine. You are correct the original water pump with pulley kit had a part number of AU28501KTPP but it is no longer available and long obsolete. The water pump itself had a part number of AU28501KT but is the same in being obsolete and no longer available from Ford. The pulley alone AR2Z8A528AA is still available.

Early BA's used the same AU pump until 10/2003 then in 11/2003 they changed to the BA8501KTPP and BA8501KT respectively. The pulley remained the same. All of these are still available.

I am sure they are not backward compatible. I think it may have something to do with the way the heater pipe goes into the back of it and changed from just a press fit to one with a clamp and bolt and the boss of the water pump where the pipe goes in is different and the actual pipe is different to between AU and BA.

Unsure of who the the OEM supplier is of the pump, but I think the body may have been cast by Ford themselves and then ACL bearing and a few other local suppliers made the pump internals and Dayco the pulley.
GTLEGEND is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 01-06-2022, 11:30 AM   #842
Ashwin
FordTarius

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTLEGEND View Post
Hi Ashwin,

I am going to assume its a 6 cyl 4.0 as the part numbers you refer to are for that engine. You are correct the original water pump with pulley kit had a part number of AU28501KTPP but it is no longer available and long obsolete. The water pump itself had a part number of AU28501KT but is the same in being obsolete and no longer available from Ford. The pulley alone AR2Z8A528AA is still available.

Early BA's used the same AU pump until 10/2003 then in 11/2003 they changed to the BA8501KTPP and BA8501KT respectively. The pulley remained the same. All of these are still available.

I am sure they are not backward compatible. I think it may have something to do with the way the heater pipe goes into the back of it and changed from just a press fit to one with a clamp and bolt and the boss of the water pump where the pipe goes in is different and the actual pipe is different to between AU and BA.

Unsure of who the the OEM supplier is of the pump, but I think the body may have been cast by Ford themselves and then ACL bearing and a few other local suppliers made the pump internals and Dayco the pulley.
Thanks GT ! Much appreciated.
Ashwin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-06-2022, 09:55 PM   #843
gonads

Quote:
Hi Ben,

Even though it has a Tickford engine, the parts still came through Ford. Unfortunately that solenoid part number ERT6503A has not been available from Ford for a while and second hand will be your only option unless you keep an eye out on FB or eBay using the part number provided above etc. If you want me to see if I can find a second hand one for you, although they are rare, let me know. Ill give it a go.

GT
Hey Legend. If you could keep an eye out for one I’d greatly appreciate it. The solenoids are gone from the few VCT engines in my local wreckers.

Thanks,
Ben
Old 02-06-2022, 04:48 PM   #844
motorhead
Starter Motor

Water pump kit for FGX XR8 available?

http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11405157

BR3Z-8501H-HK1T
AC3Z-8527-A
7T4Z-8590-A

I saw you had priced these about 12 -18 months ago assume part numbers are correct.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-06-2022, 05:13 PM   #845
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Every advice post I visit where OP are seeking advice for their new vehicle, he is there and adds valuable support and advice for rectifying the problem. Really is a Legend. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The quality of information he provides is in depth and highly valued by those posting questions. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
Water pump kit for FGX XR8 available?

http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11405157

BR3Z-8501H-HK1T
AC3Z-8527-A
7T4Z-8590-A

I saw you had priced these about 12 -18 months ago assume part numbers are correct.
Water pump for FGX XR8's and the seals are still available, how ever you need to check what pulley flange you have, as FGX XR8 in comparison with FG2 FG1's had either a 3 bolt or 4 bolt flange to hold the pulley on. The earlier FG2/FG only had 4 flange so you need to check what you need otherwise the pulley wont bolt on obviously.
Old 02-06-2022, 05:34 PM   #846
motorhead
Starter Motor

Quote:
Water pump for FGX XR8's and the seals are still available, how ever you need to check what pulley flange you have, as FGX XR8 in comparison with FG2 FG1's had either a 3 bolt or 4 bolt flange to hold the pulley on. The earlier FG2/FG only had 4 flange so you need to check what you need otherwise the pulley wont bolt on obviously.

Thankyou - can confirm have a 3 bolt pulley flange.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-06-2022, 10:15 PM   #847
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
Thankyou - can confirm have a 3 bolt pulley flange.
In that case you would need pump with part number BR3Z8501S not the H level like in that link, the S has three flange, the H 4 and that is what is in that kit, so you would not be able to use that kit and have to buy the parts seperately.

I can get that pump alone for for $220 plus postage if required.
This user likes this post:
Old 03-06-2022, 09:29 PM   #848
Cherrybombbb
Starter Motor

Smile Re: Genuine Ford Parts

Just wanted to write tonight a huge appreciation to GTLEGEND for being able to source parts (that he was able to get) for me to make a start on the Rooflining conversion on my Falcon. Much appreciated Legend!!
Cherrybombbb is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 04-06-2022, 08:37 AM   #849
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherrybombbb View Post
Just wanted to write tonight a huge appreciation to GTLEGEND for being able to source parts (that he was able to get) for me to make a start on the Rooflining conversion on my Falcon. Much appreciated Legend!!
Happy I could help.. let me know if you need help finding other bits. Let me know what you still need to get and we can keep an eye out.
Old 05-06-2022, 03:26 PM   #850
Bluehoon
Hoon On The Rise

Hi,

Long shot and sometimes long shots are worth it.

What are the odds of 5R29-1130-AA being in stock?

Also same as 8R29-1130-AB

Will take 4 if they're available.

Thank You

FGX-XR8 Manual, BFII E-Gas, '11 GSXR 1000 - Love 'em!
FPV Tickford Club of NSW - www.fpvclub.com
Bluehoon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-06-2022, 06:26 PM   #851
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluehoon View Post
Hi,

Long shot and sometimes long shots are worth it.

What are the odds of 5R29-1130-AA being in stock?

Also same as 8R29-1130-AB

Will take 4 if they're available.

Thank You
Hi Bluehoon,

The 5R291130A is a hub cap for BF. I may be able to get 2 NOS but they are obsolete. I have no idea on price, but they were last around $120 each plus freight.

As for the 8R29 number is not coming up for some reason, but this is either a hub or center cap. What model is it off or a VIN will help narrow down?

Are you sure it is not ending with BA as that's a FG base Ute hub cap? If so I can get 4 of them for $100 each.

GT
Old 07-06-2022, 10:51 AM   #852
FPV 460

gday GT parts recieved thankyou. im still trying to work out whats supposed to be underneath that top radiator cowling underneath the left and right side holes. cheers.
FPV 460 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-06-2022, 04:15 PM   #853
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPV 460 View Post
gday GT parts recieved thankyou. im still trying to work out whats supposed to be underneath that top radiator cowling underneath the left and right side holes. cheers.
Great, when you work it out let me know and we will see if we can get it/them.
Old 13-06-2022, 08:00 AM   #854
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 

Morning GT, I'm getting a charge fail warning and battery low warning on my EcoLPi ute. The battery is now down to under 12v and is not getting any charge. Good chance I'm going to be up for a new alternator, by the looks of it.

A little bit of basic research tells me that the EcoLPi vehicles run a different alternator (higher capacity) than the petrol versions.

Here's the vin: 6FPAAAJGCMDM28719

Are these still available? If so, have you got a price, please? I'm thinking with the weight of an alt, freight cost will probs negate any potential savings, but if you're happy to chase up the details, it'll give me a starting point.

Thanks for your assistance.

Life is a journey, not a destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daily: 2013 FGII EcoLPi in Winter White
Play: 2015 FG X XR8 in Emperor Show' N Shine thread

Gone, but not forgotten: 2015 SZII petrol Titanium Territory in Emperor
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-06-2022, 09:47 AM   #855
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 View Post
Morning GT, I'm getting a charge fail warning and battery low warning on my EcoLPi ute. The battery is now down to under 12v and is not getting any charge. Good chance I'm going to be up for a new alternator, by the looks of it.

A little bit of basic research tells me that the EcoLPi vehicles run a different alternator (higher capacity) than the petrol versions.

Here's the vin: 6FPAAAJGCMDM28719

Are these still available? If so, have you got a price, please? I'm thinking with the weight of an alt, freight cost will probs negate any potential savings, but if you're happy to chase up the details, it'll give me a starting point.

Thanks for your assistance.
Hi mate,

Yes you are correct the Lpi alternators are different than the petrol ones. Still available and can get for $370 plus freight. I cant see freight being more than $20, but until I know the box dimensions and weight, I would not know exactly. Happy to get one for you if need be.

GT
Old 13-06-2022, 11:03 AM   #856
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Hey GTLEGEND.

Chasing up a G6E Turbo boot badge for an FG. They still available?
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-06-2022, 11:39 AM   #857
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 

Quote:
Hi mate,

Yes you are correct the Lpi alternators are different than the petrol ones. Still available and can get for $370 plus freight. I cant see freight being more than $20, but until I know the box dimensions and weight, I would not know exactly. Happy to get one for you if need be.

GT
Cheers GT. I'll get the car across to the dealer and let them diagnose the fault. If it's the alternator and they try to charge me silly prices, I'll reach out again. Never done it before but I assume an alternator change our, if that is the problem, would not be that difficult a job.

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly.

Life is a journey, not a destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daily: 2013 FGII EcoLPi in Winter White
Play: 2015 FG X XR8 in Emperor Show' N Shine thread

Gone, but not forgotten: 2015 SZII petrol Titanium Territory in Emperor
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-06-2022, 04:10 PM   #858
PRO-GT

Chasing ba/bf xr headlights? What are they worth if they are gettable
2007 BF GT Cobra 6 spd manual #43- SOLD
2016 Mustang GT - Current
2010 XR6 Turbo 50th Anniversary - Sold
2006 BF MKII XR6 Turbo Seduce - Sold
2006 BF MKI F6 Typhoon Toxic - Current
PRO-GT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-06-2022, 07:23 PM   #859
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8 View Post
Hey GTLEGEND.

Chasing up a G6E Turbo boot badge for an FG. They still available?
Hey mate,

There are two types of G6E Turbo Boot badges, silver with black or silver with red, which one you after?

GT
Old 13-06-2022, 07:34 PM   #860
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRO-GT View Post
Chasing ba/bf xr headlights? What are they worth if they are gettable
Still available:

RH $280
LH $280
Old 14-06-2022, 10:27 AM   #861
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Hey mate,

There are two types of G6E Turbo Boot badges, silver with black or silver with red, which one you after?

GT
Silver with red.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-06-2022, 11:14 AM   #862
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8 View Post
Silver with red.
They are obsolete with a couple around, should be able to get NOS, they are $80 each plus $9.30 freight, pending the ones showing are actually there.
Old 14-06-2022, 05:59 PM   #863
PRO-GT

Quote:
Still available:

RH $280
LH $280

Are these NOS ones mate?
2007 BF GT Cobra 6 spd manual #43- SOLD
2016 Mustang GT - Current
2010 XR6 Turbo 50th Anniversary - Sold
2006 BF MKII XR6 Turbo Seduce - Sold
2006 BF MKI F6 Typhoon Toxic - Current
PRO-GT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-06-2022, 06:06 PM   #864
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRO-GT View Post
Are these NOS ones mate?
They are NOS but Ford changed to a Motorcraft branded headlight, which what these are.
Old 14-06-2022, 11:01 PM   #865
WhiteKnight
Donating Member
Donating Member1

GTLEGEND
I am having leakage of power steering fluid at the junction of my hard lines into the steering rack on my 2009 G6E Turbo.
On inspection it appears that the (duckbill) seals are damaged.
Are the seals available as a pair and if they are what would the cost be posted to Newcastle?
Thank you for any assistance you can provide.
Barrie (WhiteKnight)

Last edited by WhiteKnight; 14-06-2022 at 11:02 PM. Reason: wrong name
WhiteKnight is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-06-2022, 07:00 AM   #866
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteKnight View Post
GTLEGEND
I am having leakage of power steering fluid at the junction of my hard lines into the steering rack on my 2009 G6E Turbo.
On inspection it appears that the (duckbill) seals are damaged.
Are the seals available as a pair and if they are what would the cost be posted to Newcastle?
Thank you for any assistance you can provide.
Barrie (WhiteKnight)
Hi WhiteKnight,

Are you referring to the seals in the image below with ID 3K664? If so yes they are available and cost $65 for the pair. Postage to Newcastle would be $9.30 tracked via Aust Post.

FG Steering Rack Seal.PNG

GT
Old 15-06-2022, 02:42 PM   #867
WhiteKnight
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Thanks for your help but my son who has contacts at dealer locally got a pair at a lower price and no delivery cost
Thanks again.
WhiteKnight is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-06-2022, 04:07 PM   #868
Minties
Starter Motor

Thanks to GT for all my parts. All arrived safe and sound. One of the bigger items had a big postage cost and GT went out of his way to try and get a cheaper price and was able to! Legend! Will definitely hit him up next time I need parts!

Thanks!
Minties is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 15-06-2022, 04:51 PM   #869
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteKnight View Post
Thanks for your help but my son who has contacts at dealer locally got a pair at a lower price and no delivery cost
Thanks again.
Hey mate,

All good, glad you found one cheaper and local. Funny how there is such discrepancy in prices on some parts. Seems my contact can be cheaper on some items, but a little dearer than others and adding freight does not help.

Anyhow all we can do is try and as per the first post in this thread, I advise to shop around as sometimes some dealers sell less than most can even buy for.

Reach out if you ever need anything in the future that I can help with.

GT
Old 15-06-2022, 04:52 PM   #870
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minties View Post
Thanks to GT for all my parts. All arrived safe and sound. One of the bigger items had a big postage cost and GT went out of his way to try and get a cheaper price and was able to! Legend! Will definitely hit him up next time I need parts!

Thanks!
Anytime bud, glad to help...