Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 07-08-2022, 02:49 PM   #91
.:4:.
Kicking back

Default Re: Measure Twice, Cut Once

Isnt stormwater supposed to be mainintained within said property? As in sort your own **** out?. The stodgey storm water drains installed during construction of the childcare place that borders me drained into my property. Simple fix, pumped them with silicone. Yep, they flooded, but the cheap man pays twice, so they had to fix it properly.
.:4:. is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 07-08-2022, 04:47 PM   #92
b0son
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:4:. View Post
Isnt stormwater supposed to be mainintained within said property? As in sort your own **** out?. The stodgey storm water drains installed during construction of the childcare place that borders me drained into my property. Simple fix, pumped them with silicone. Yep, they flooded, but the cheap man pays twice, so they had to fix it properly.
The industrial unit nextdoor has an aircon drain that empties into our carpark. Strictly speaking, the hole is on their property (wall on boundary), but would I be justified blocking it? :P
b0son is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-08-2022, 08:25 PM   #93
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

That sounds like the usual story of lazy AC installers. Expanding foam should resolve it. ;-)

Many strata schemes nominally require AC condensate to be conveyed to a drain point, if it’s commercial strata this may still be the case.

One of many incomprehensible delays with the project next door, was the six-week time period taken to renew footpath and pour the driveways. A job behind me did this in three days from excavation to completion.
Citroënbender is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-08-2022, 04:04 PM   #94
Kicking back

The srorm water issue wasnt that it was plumbed into my stormwater. It was open pipes that dumped straight into my backyard and flooded my backyard. Even when that was happening, the sump pump in the underground car park would kick on and ring the bell as it would flood too. So there were many faults in the design and construction of that building. As i said, the cheap man pays twice. Do it once, do it right.
Old 24-11-2022, 11:13 PM   #95
Kicking back

Had my electrical provider send someone out to change my meter today.
Ive done plenty of meters in my time when i was on the tools.
The bloke didnt mess about. So power off for 40 minutes, after he left i had a squiz. There was a bit of a re jiggle of the mains.
Thing is though, whilst nobody ever looks in the box, now even less as the new meter has an antenna so is remote read. Surely the power could have been left off for another minute to put a level on it. I do like the big red captain obvious sticker on the panel though. The yellow sticker was unstuck and on the grass. The yellow one said may contain asbestos. The red one the bloke stuck on the panel says contains asbestos. Sweet, its fire retarding.
2 users like this post:
Old 12-04-2023, 05:39 PM   #96
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Thought CB might like this.....

Whats wrong with this picture.

Here's a clue.

This is what happens when an engineer neighbour wants to help without consulting the recommended building technique supplied during consultation.

roKWiz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-04-2023, 11:49 AM   #97
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by roKWiz View Post
Thought CB might like this.....

Whats wrong with this picture.

Here's a clue.

This is what happens when an engineer neighbour wants to help without consulting the recommended building technique supplied during consultation.
Maybe it's coz I'm an engineer, too (), but I don't get it?!?!

Life is a journey, not a destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daily: 2013 FGII EcoLPi in Winter White
Play: 2015 FG X XR8 in Emperor Show' N Shine thread

Gone, but not forgotten: 2015 SZII petrol Titanium Territory in Emperor
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 13-04-2023, 01:19 PM   #98
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

The roK has got us on a "Wiz" for I'm at a loss as well LOL.....
I can tell something is a miss but why don't we have 2 same pics and spot the diff option
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Abraham Lincoln"
FTE217 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 13-04-2023, 01:46 PM   #99
Tonz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i suspect the top red circled bracket is 90* off the bottom one.
and the middle metal plate has a black cross

nah nah...the first pic is the gate hanging on a post out from fence, maybe the gate is supposed to hang from the gate.....somehow
Old 13-04-2023, 02:23 PM   #100
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 

This is much harder than wordle!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2 users like this post:
Old 13-04-2023, 03:31 PM   #101
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Ok you jokers, the gatepost is suppose to be set in further to allow atleast 150mm of stone to surround it (therefore being hidden with just the gate hanging points showing. Like picture 2.

No this guy gets to work with......

1. the steel 100X100mm gatepost is to close to the gate hinge.
2. the footing aren't wide enough to build a 500mm thick wall.
3. he went ahead and had the expensive gates made first before allowing the wall to be built. Against all my recommended drawings and conversations.

It was not the (not well) owners fault but he let some bloke (his stupid no it all friend) get in his ear about doing it the alleged right way, then proceeding to cock it all up.

There's only 2 ways to fix this now, the wall must be built on the inside of the posts (gateposts exposed) with said walls being only 400mm thick.
He couldn't explain any of his actions to me about why he did it this way which makes it even more infuriating. Except to say the guy with the excavator only had a 400mm wide bucket. f*ck me.

Last edited by roKWiz; 13-04-2023 at 03:39 PM.
4 users like this post:
Old 13-04-2023, 03:47 PM   #102
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

ROFL now I get it !
Fark this was a hoot, what I do find even funnier CB hasn't even entered the fray being your mentioned he'd like this one haha.....
roK I'd be asking for the screw up knocked down start again bad luck mate your cost.

Fox, way way better than wordle, more so that other thread in here people drop a word and you keep adding, that one at times has me in complete loss, thinking HTF did that guy come up with that lol......there is no sense or relation that I can figure out.
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Abraham Lincoln"
FTE217 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 13-04-2023, 04:01 PM   #103
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTE217 View Post
ROFL now I get it !
Fark this was a hoot, what I do find even funnier CB hasn't even entered the fray being your mentioned he'd like this one haha.....
roK I'd be asking for the screw up knocked down start again bad luck mate your cost.

Fox, way way better than wordle, more so that other thread in here people drop a word and you keep adding, that one at times has me in complete loss, thinking HTF did that guy come up with that lol......there is no sense or relation that I can figure out.
Done it in the past. I started building the wall behind the post today (its the only way out) been waiting for this job to be ready since early last year (bit like the signwriting stickers) and have swapped other jobs around to suit them, Tuesday was WTF day so made the decision no more waiting as the next few jobs will not fit in with more waiting.

Why don't people listen ?

3 users like this post:
Old 13-04-2023, 04:10 PM   #104
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Yep, ok, now I see it. I guess when you have no clue as to what you're supposed to be looking for, it can be a bit challenging. Kinda like if wordle was made for any length word. Just guess a word. Any word

Yeah, strange decision not to follow the advice of the expert. And then to proceed without even at least consulting said expert first. But then, maybe that's the conservative engineer in me.

At the end of the day, your client has two choices, RW; pull it down and correct it, as FTE said, or just deal with the compromised aesthetics as you've suggested (does it impact function? Doesn't look like it would?). Seems to me that it's the customers choice on how to proceed from here.

Yeh, FTE, I sometimes wonder as to how others make a link. Of course, all my linkages are perfectly logical and others are all strange

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2 users like this post:
Old 13-04-2023, 05:12 PM   #105
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by roKWiz View Post
Ok you jokers, the gatepost is suppose to be set in further to allow atleast 150mm of stone to surround it (therefore being hidden with just the gate hanging points showing. Like picture 2.

No this guy gets to work with......

1. the steel 100X100mm gatepost is to close to the gate hinge.
2. the footing aren't wide enough to build a 500mm thick wall.
3. he went ahead and had the expensive gates made first before allowing the wall to be built. Against all my recommended drawings and conversations.

It was not the (not well) owners fault but he let some bloke (his stupid no it all friend) get in his ear about doing it the alleged right way, then proceeding to cock it all up.

There's only 2 ways to fix this now, the wall must be built on the inside of the posts (gateposts exposed) with said walls being only 400mm thick.
He couldn't explain any of his actions to me about why he did it this way which makes it even more infuriating. Except to say the guy with the excavator only had a 400mm wide bucket. f*ck me.
You should know by now Engineers; were put on earth to torment tradies!
Itsme is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 13-04-2023, 05:28 PM   #106
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itsme View Post
and architects. btw I consider myself a Craftsman not a tradie !

4 users like this post:
Old 13-04-2023, 09:19 PM   #107
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Hey, I resemble that remark!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

3 users like this post:
Old 14-04-2023, 04:12 PM   #108
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 View Post
Hey, I resemble that remark!
Sorry my comment comes from when I use to do field maintenance working with electric trains, engineering design of some of the equipment was atrocious with no consideration given for us to work in the field, all designed to be done in a workshop environment for major maintenance or rebuilds.
We gave our engineers grief for lack of insight to our working conditions.
Itsme is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 14-04-2023, 04:32 PM   #109
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Sorry my comment comes from when I use to do field maintenance working with electric trains, engineering design of some of the equipment was atrocious with no consideration given for us to work in the field, all designed to be done in a workshop environment for major maintenance or rebuilds.
We gave our engineers grief for lack of insight to our working conditions.
No need to apologise, IM. I realise it was (kinda) said in jest. The relationship between engineers and tradies has been the same for years and will likely stay the same in perpetuity. I should have put a after my comment. No offence taken.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

4 users like this post: