Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > The Sales Yard > Spare Parts and Other Accessory Items > Genuine Ford Parts

Genuine Ford Parts A forum for the purchase of genuine Ford parts via an AFF member.

Old 03-07-2022, 05:29 PM   #901
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Every advice post I visit where OP are seeking advice for their new vehicle, he is there and adds valuable support and advice for rectifying the problem. Really is a Legend. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The quality of information he provides is in depth and highly valued by those posting questions. 
Default Re: Genuine Ford Parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroënbender View Post
GT, based on this:
Is the “correct” rear (centre) diff bush BAF4B425SF or 8R2Z4B425AB ? The first one looks more solid but that’s no guarantee it’s a better prospect.
That VIN should have BAF4B425SF being RWD, the other number is for AWD vehicles.
GTLEGEND is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 03-07-2022, 05:52 PM   #902
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTLEGEND View Post
They are different. 5.4 24V use BA6750B, 5.4 32V use BAT6750A.

Sorry dont have either and they both obsolete from Ford.
GT, does the Ford system show the equivalent US part number? Is it 5L1Z-6750-AA?

Rides (past and present)
Current: 2004 Ford Falcon 5.4L 3v Barra 220, Manual
Past: Mitsubishi Sigma (m), Toyota Seca (m), Toyota Seca SX (m), Toyota Vienta V6 (m), Toyota Soarer 4L v8 (a), BA XR8 ute (m), T3 TE50 (m), BMW Z4 (m)

AFF motto - If contrary views trigger, please use ignore button.
T3rminator is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-07-2022, 05:56 PM   #903
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Every advice post I visit where OP are seeking advice for their new vehicle, he is there and adds valuable support and advice for rectifying the problem. Really is a Legend. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The quality of information he provides is in depth and highly valued by those posting questions. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3rminator View Post
GT, does the Ford system show the equivalent US part number? Is it 5L1Z-6750-AA?
All I can find is that service part number has an engineering number of 5L1E 6750 AC but does not cross reference to anything here?

I think that suits a 5.4 Lincoln..
Old 03-07-2022, 06:15 PM   #904
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
All I can find is that service part number has an engineering number of 5L1E 6750 AC but does not cross reference to anything here?

I think that suits a 5.4 Lincoln..
Same engine. Thanks! Gives me something to work on.

Rides (past and present)
Current: 2004 Ford Falcon 5.4L 3v Barra 220, Manual
Past: Mitsubishi Sigma (m), Toyota Seca (m), Toyota Seca SX (m), Toyota Vienta V6 (m), Toyota Soarer 4L v8 (a), BA XR8 ute (m), T3 TE50 (m), BMW Z4 (m)

AFF motto - If contrary views trigger, please use ignore button.
T3rminator is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-07-2022, 07:49 PM   #905
mad2
Regular...with metamusal
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mad2
1st is a BA Fairmont

2nd is from a BA2 or early BF1?

flip side of the controller/module

and the one that has me puzzled

believe all the other modules to be the same [they all say 10-way] and have the same colour sticker.

Thanks

Quote:
So BF has only one seat module BA214M701A regardless of seat position.

FG on the other hand"

XR GT GTP F6 6 way have BA14A701A but the 8 way G6E GTE F6E 8 way is BL14A701C and are both for non memory seat. If seat have memory control then they are 8 way with part number BG14M701A1 for shadow grey or BG14M701A3 for cashmere.

I dont ever recall seeing 10 way?

Let me know what part numbers you have, should be one with either a 14M701 or 14A701 in it.

so i take it the numbers are no help?.
mad2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-07-2022, 08:02 PM   #906
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by mad2 View Post
so i take it the numbers are no help?.
They are not Ford part numbers, is that all that is on them as they mean nothing to me?
Old 05-07-2022, 08:20 PM   #907
mad2
Regular...with metamusal
Donating Member2

Quote:
They are not Ford part numbers, is that all that is on them as they mean nothing to me?

yeah i believe so

believe they are -
Quote:
8 way with part number BG14M701A1 for shadow grey
no idea how i can prove it tho .... thanks Legend
Old 06-07-2022, 05:13 PM   #908
fordomatic
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Big thanks to GT for finding me a NOS AU header tank. Almost impossible to find now days.
Old 06-07-2022, 06:13 PM   #909
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordomatic View Post
Big thanks to GT for finding me a NOS AU header tank. Almost impossible to find now days.
Pleasure and glad to help, although in your instance it was more luck as I happened to stumble across it by pure coincidence.

Obviously you received it ok...
3 users like this post:
Old 08-07-2022, 10:51 PM   #910
arm79
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Mr GT,

Seeking your knowledge to help understand something.

F3LY3B477A is the old black pacnut for the front AU/BA/BF hubs.

BA5N042A is the current black pacut to secure the hubs on sedans and Territorys.

Ford specify the rear nuts are single use. And obviously a different part number means a different part.

But I can't see any difference between the 2 parts, apart from the rear was about $20 more than the front. Same measurements, look the same. The rear one holds a slightly higher torque.

Do you know what is the difference between front and rear? And what makes the rear nut single use but not the front?

Cheers.
arm79 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-07-2022, 12:07 AM   #911
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by arm79 View Post
Mr GT,

Seeking your knowledge to help understand something.

F3LY3B477A is the old black pacnut for the front AU/BA/BF hubs.

BA5N042A is the current black pacut to secure the hubs on sedans and Territorys.

Ford specify the rear nuts are single use. And obviously a different part number means a different part.

But I can't see any difference between the 2 parts, apart from the rear was about $20 more than the front. Same measurements, look the same. The rear one holds a slightly higher torque.

Do you know what is the difference between front and rear? And what makes the rear nut single use but not the front?

Cheers.
Rear hub nuts for BA to FGX and all Territory have the same part number BA5N042A as the current revised front.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/25222247...frcectupt=true

Territory front retainer nut is W710084S439, AU - BF use the same where as FG Falcon on uses bolts to hold the hub in and is off different design.

I would have to physically look at both to see what the difference is, most probably none except made by a different supplier.

What specifically are you trying to work out?
Old 09-07-2022, 11:29 AM   #912
arm79
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Rear hub nuts for BA to FGX and all Territory have the same part number BA5N042A as the current revised front.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/25222247...frcectupt=true

Territory front retainer nut is W710084S439, AU - BF use the same where as FG Falcon on uses bolts to hold the hub in and is off different design.

I would have to physically look at both to see what the difference is, most probably none except made by a different supplier.

What specifically are you trying to work out?
I'll try not to confuse you or myself here...

In an earlier post you said F3LY3B477A (the original front black caged type pac nut for AU/BA/BF/Territory RWD) was replaced by W710084S439 (new grey nut) because you thought the supplier went bust and Ford sourced a new part.

I've always understood/believed the rear nut for all IRS vehicles from BA/SX onwards is BA5N042A. The ebay descriptions also lists it for the front of SX/SY AWD Territorys.

From what I can see F3LY3B477A and BA5N042A are identical. Same colour, design, thread size and pitch, measurements of the washer, cage, etc etc.

So what I'm trying to work out is why BA5N042A costs $20 more (or it did when I first looked at these around 12 months ago) than its superseded front counterpart and why is it listed as single use in the Workshop Manual and in the ebay descriptions.

I was hoping in your fountain of knowledge you might know why 2 seemingly physically identical parts are apparently different.

P.S. 11:07pm reply. I didnt realise you offered a 24/7 service.
Old 09-07-2022, 01:33 PM   #913
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by arm79 View Post
I'll try not to confuse you or myself here...

In an earlier post you said F3LY3B477A (the original front black caged type pac nut for AU/BA/BF/Territory RWD) was replaced by W710084S439 (new grey nut) because you thought the supplier went bust and Ford sourced a new part.

I've always understood/believed the rear nut for all IRS vehicles from BA/SX onwards is BA5N042A. The ebay descriptions also lists it for the front of SX/SY AWD Territorys.

From what I can see F3LY3B477A and BA5N042A are identical. Same colour, design, thread size and pitch, measurements of the washer, cage, etc etc.

So what I'm trying to work out is why BA5N042A costs $20 more (or it did when I first looked at these around 12 months ago) than its superseded front counterpart and why is it listed as single use in the Workshop Manual and in the ebay descriptions.

I was hoping in your fountain of knowledge you might know why 2 seemingly physically identical parts are apparently different.

P.S. 11:07pm reply. I didnt realise you offered a 24/7 service.
Feels like I am working 24/7 sometimes, although AFF is my break from regular work when I need a breather. This is so much easier than my regular job and more rewarding.

All i know is the BA5N042A is made by DANA, not sure who made the previous one, but I at a guess by the part number it may have been overseas?

Engineers like to say one use only as they believe that once a fastener is torqued once it then looses its properties. I think they are just protecting themselves in a legal world we live in.
4 users like this post:
Old 09-07-2022, 07:04 PM   #914
arm79
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Feels like I am working 24/7 sometimes, although AFF is my break from regular work when I need a breather. This is so much easier than my regular job and more rewarding.

All i know is the BA5N042A is made by DANA, not sure who made the previous one, but I at a guess by the part number it may have been overseas?

Engineers like to say one use only as they believe that once a fastener is torqued once it then looses its properties. I think they are just protecting themselves in a legal world we live in.
We'll that was an epic anti-climax for me. I was expecting/hoping for something bigger and more fanciful.

I suppose sometimes it really is that simple then.

Thanks for your time and efforts once again.

By the sounds of it you need a holiday too.
Old 09-07-2022, 07:24 PM   #915
aussiblue
FG XR6 Ute & Sedan
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Has been floating around the oze tech section for a long time and is always there to give advice when people have an issue. 

The reason why hub nuts are "One use only" :https://www.brakeandfrontend.com/vid...reuse-new-hub/

Also https://gmb.net/blog/common-wheel-hub-mistakes/ and https://www.svtperformance.com/threa...le-nuts.61531/ and https://www.familyhandyman.com/artic...ive-fasteners/

Last edited by aussiblue; 09-07-2022 at 07:53 PM.
aussiblue is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-07-2022, 02:03 PM   #916
sprinter

Any chance of finding ed sprint indicator lights.
Cheers.
sprinter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-07-2022, 02:19 PM   #917
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprinter View Post
Cheers.
It may help GT, and save him some time, if you could be a little more specific like front, rear, side?
Old 14-07-2022, 11:00 AM   #918
mad2
Regular...with metamusal
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasoLane View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by sprinter
Cheers.
It may help GT, and save him some time, if you could be a little more specific like front, rear, side?

i believe they are referring to the fronts?.
Old 14-07-2022, 06:32 PM   #919
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprinter View Post
Cheers.
Front Clear lenses right same as normal ED XR

Nothing new around, keep eye out on eBay, FB etc.

Part numbers were:

LH EETVE13369A
RH EETVE13368A
Old 17-07-2022, 02:49 AM   #920
moey747

Hi any chance BA6584A has become available?
moey747 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-07-2022, 09:53 AM   #921
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by moey747 View Post
Hi any chance BA6584A has become available?
Yes it has but they have changed the part number to NU7Z6584A.

$75 plus postage.
Old 17-07-2022, 03:06 PM   #922
sprinter

Yeah sorry fronts. thanks for info.
sprinter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-07-2022, 11:44 PM   #923
bb_zetec

Hi GTLEGEND,

Mate, when time permits do you happen to know if the FG-X XR6 Turbo Red Badge and Front Grille is still available new?

Part# i have for the badge is ER2Z 8B262 CA / Grille Part# is ER2Z 8200 CA

Cheers,

BB

1966 Mustang Convertible - Wimbledon White
- 289ci Windsor - C4 Auto - Power Hydraulic Roof / Factory AC

Previous Fords:
- 2012 FGII XR6 Manual Ute - Kinetic - 1984 XF Fairmont Ghia - Olympic Gold - 1987 XF S Pak - White- 1994 ED Falcon Classic V8 - Polynesian Green - 1999 AU1 Falcon S - Hot Chilli Red
- 2009 LV Focus Zetec 5sp Manual - Black Sapphire
bb_zetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-07-2022, 07:59 AM   #924
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by bb_zetec View Post
Hi GTLEGEND,

Mate, when time permits do you happen to know if the FG-X XR6 Turbo Red Badge and Front Grille is still available new?

Part# i have for the badge is ER2Z 8B262 CA / Grille Part# is ER2Z 8200 CA

Cheers,

BB
Hi BB,

Based on the numbers provided,

Badge is obsolete, grille can still get for $295 plus postage.

GT
Old 26-07-2022, 09:14 PM   #925
bb_zetec

Thanks for the info GT, much appreciated.

Shame the badge is gone already, hopefully i can get the badge off my existing one without damaging it.

1966 Mustang Convertible - Wimbledon White
- 289ci Windsor - C4 Auto - Power Hydraulic Roof / Factory AC

Previous Fords:
- 2012 FGII XR6 Manual Ute - Kinetic - 1984 XF Fairmont Ghia - Olympic Gold - 1987 XF S Pak - White- 1994 ED Falcon Classic V8 - Polynesian Green - 1999 AU1 Falcon S - Hot Chilli Red
- 2009 LV Focus Zetec 5sp Manual - Black Sapphire
bb_zetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-08-2022, 08:56 PM   #926
XXX747

Hi GT are there any black headlining pieces left for fgx Ute?

Also does ford still stock lower fg xr8 air box and snorkel?
XXX747 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-08-2022, 11:49 PM   #927
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XXX747 View Post
Hi GT are there any black headlining pieces left for fgx Ute?

Also does ford still stock lower fg xr8 air box and snorkel?
Hey mate,

There are only a couple of Shadow Grey FGX Ute roof lining trim left.

5.4 FG XR8 I assume you are talking about, not 5.0? If so yes you can still get snorkels (only a handful left though) and air box for XR8 which is different to GT yes also, but again not too many left.

If you need help sourcing let me know.

GT
Old 07-08-2022, 04:17 PM   #928
mhyne

I am trying to source a replacement set of bushes for the upper rear shock bush on my 2011 SZ diesel Territory.

I was sent a set of nolathane bushes that allegedly fit but found them too small. The SZ territory shocks seem to be a different size to the Falcons etc.

So I am trying to locate the correct replacement bush and should one not be available, a set of replacement rear shocks.

Regards
Matt
mhyne is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-08-2022, 07:58 PM   #929
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhyne View Post
I am trying to source a replacement set of bushes for the upper rear shock bush on my 2011 SZ diesel Territory.

I was sent a set of nolathane bushes that allegedly fit but found them too small. The SZ territory shocks seem to be a different size to the Falcons etc.

So I am trying to locate the correct replacement bush and should one not be available, a set of replacement rear shocks.

Regards
Matt
Unlike the earlier SX-SY Territory where you could buy the rear top shock bush separate, the SZ style is only part of the whole shock assembly.

New genuine shock would be $180 each plus postage if required.

GT
Old 08-08-2022, 08:13 AM   #930
arm79
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Mr GT,

Are you able to get throttle body gaskets for the BF I6.

I understand they may now be obsolete, but thought you might have a line on some.