Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 03-07-2008, 09:34 PM   #91
Night

How come you never did the upgrade? I'm finally doing mine this weekend after all this time and then selling my car. Looking forward to doing it thou.
Night is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-07-2008, 10:21 PM   #92
Night

For anyone still following this thread I finally got the the conversion done today. Took about 6 hours but was very straight forward with no real problems to report other than a very sore back (I hurt it last week anyway). Was hoping for a bigger improvement seeing the size difference in calipers but I reckon a bigger brake booster and even master cylinder would make a difference and possibly even better pads but the next owner can worry about that anyway.

Can see what you guys mean about spongy pedal but again with how it was before it doesn't bother me too much. Not much difference in braking compared to before but if you really stamp the pedal hard it really grabs alot better than before and also when coming up to a corner at high speed (not that I do now) I no longer worry if it is going to pull up in time. Overall the car feels safer.

Again though I am slightly dissapointed in it because I was hoping the brakes would be closer to my VT in performance but there is still a big difference between the 2.

Thanks to everyone who gave me advice on this as it was a big help. Now I just need to wash the car tomorrow and put a for sale sign on it. Sad to get rid of it cause I enjoy working on it and still have other things I'd like to do but hopefully the next owner will go further with it.
Old 08-07-2008, 05:26 PM   #93
lostdude

glade to hear you finally completed the upgrade, like you i'm also selling my car and i really don't want to waste any more time on my ford.
Old 09-07-2008, 10:49 AM   #94
brad`
The Monty

hey JC one question:

you mentioned that the series 1 AU SLotted brakes were a streight bolt on and stuff.

Do you still have to bleed the brakes and change anything ?
also how much would you be looking at roughly and from where ?

im not very good at stuff... really wish i thought of changing my brakes and bushes when i lowerd my car the other week

thanks
brad`

brad` is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-07-2008, 09:13 PM   #95
Night

If your up to it then go the BA brake upgrade, it really isn't that hard just a bit time consuming. After comparing the au 1 caliper to the BA one you'll freak out. Perhaps see if you can work something out with lostdude (that is if you go the BA brakes)
Old 19-07-2018, 06:06 PM   #96
madmurf
Starter Motor

Default Re: Series 1 brake upgrade for the mechanically challenged.

Can anyone tell me if this will work with a Series AU1 and a set of BA Brakes? or do I still need to change control and sway bars etc.
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/273289788345?ul_noapp=true
madmurf is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-07-2018, 08:02 PM   #97
superroo
You can't stop the signal

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Has done quite a few excellent write ups for au .com 
Default Re: Series 1 brake upgrade for the mechanically challenged.

You will need to change the control arm.
The problem is in the upright of the series 1. It overhangs the discs.
Gratuitous plug
https://fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?p=2720169

Last edited by superroo; 19-07-2018 at 08:09 PM.
superroo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post