Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > MotorSport > Drag Racing

Drag Racing Discuss Drag Racing here be it dirt or tarmac. Sponsored by Sydney Dragway.

Old 22-01-2005, 01:43 PM   #31
Xtreme F6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRFPV8
Calder tonight..
SIMON the Mad Kiwi, Ran 12.38 on a 1.81 60 foot 110 mph...well done Simon no slicks either....Dot approved street ET Radials..
Goerge in his S/C BA XR8 Ute 12.6 on a 2.23 60 foot 115.50 mph.. still a few hick ups to sort out.. but Goerge needs tryes, the curciut slicks just dont stick..with 115 mph this ute should pull a better time when some nice tyres.
some nice times there hommies

What tyres does Simon run?

Silhouette FG F6 Xtreme Ford Tuning spec, Power so far 1100+RWHP

FG XR8 Ute 3 speed auto and converter and 9 inch XFT built 5.4 SCJ engine 4.0 litre Whipple 9.40 @ 148 mph Fastest Modular blown Falcon in Aus 4180pounds.

FG GS Miami/Coyote Ute Auto. XFT Xtreme 5.0 Coyote package 10.84 stock blower.

XFT F6E Stage III XFT Engine, stage III XFT ZF along with our new XFT Set up precision, quickest FG ZF with a 9.25@150 MPH
Xtreme F6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-01-2005, 03:01 PM   #32
STOKEB
NOS Induction pssssshhhhh

i was there friday nght as well running i got my personal best for my NA 4.0 EB Falcon 13.9@104mph

Last edited by SpoolMan; 22-01-2005 at 08:49 PM.
STOKEB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-01-2005, 04:00 PM   #33
EFFalcon
Last warning

Mwhahahaha Hus!
you havnt fixed ur car have u?
DAILY - BA Fairlane Ghia, Boss 260 Turbo
OFFROADER - Ford Explorer
EFFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-01-2005, 04:16 PM   #34
Boosted
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTP-330
some nice times there hommies

What tyres does Simon run?
Simon was running M/T DOT approved Drag Radials.
Boosted is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-01-2005, 08:49 PM   #35
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by STOKEB
i was there friday nght as well running i got my personal best for my NA 4.0 EB Falcon 13.9@104mph
we seen you there but was not able to read the time boards..i only heard them sing out one of your runs....14.17...to much noise..you guys got plenty of runs last night...
The Boards at Calder that display the time should be replaced with new ones before the end of Feburary...

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW
SpoolMan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-01-2005, 12:24 AM   #36
outback_ute
Ute Forum Moderator
Contributing Member

Thats a fantastic time in the EB, well done. What was your 60 footer? Looks like good mph.
outback_ute is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-01-2005, 01:11 AM   #37
MaD_KiWi
Happy as Larry

Thanks guys im wrapped,

Other runs were.

12.42 @ 110mph 60ft 1.85
12.45 @ 109mph 60ft 1.82 (fuel surging)
12.51 @ 111mph 60ft 1.79
12.59 @ 111mph 60ft 1.94

clutchy got stinky and a slippy

Thanks again to

F1 Performance (Steve)
And Nathan Higgins

Simon
MaD_KiWi is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-01-2005, 10:51 AM   #38
EFFalcon
Last warning

I Managed to get a time slip off STOKEB
Deffinately has to be the quickest terminal speed for an N/A I6!

hxxp://www.deleted link/pics/hustimeslip.jpg

2.2 60ft
Old 23-01-2005, 01:39 PM   #39
HEMI POWER
N/A BOSS 390+

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaD_KiWi
Thanks guys im wrapped,

Other runs were.

12.42 @ 110mph 60ft 1.85
12.45 @ 109mph 60ft 1.82 (fuel surging)
12.51 @ 111mph 60ft 1.79
12.59 @ 111mph 60ft 1.94

clutchy got stinky and a slippy

Thanks again to

F1 Performance (Steve)
And Nathan Higgins

Simon
Well done there Simon good to see u getting faster every time u go out.
ALL AUSSIE MUSCLE
HEMI POWER is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-01-2005, 05:56 PM   #40
THCinc
Starter Motor

Wink

Quote:
Calder tonight..
SIMON the Mad Kiwi, Ran 12.38 on a 1.81 60 foot 110 mph...well done Simon no slicks either....Dot approved street ET Radials..
Goerge in his S/C BA XR8 Ute 12.6 on a 2.23 60 foot 115.50 mph.. still a few hick ups to sort out.. but Goerge needs tryes, the curciut slicks just dont stick..with 115 mph this ute should pull a better time when some nice tyres.
Hello there Mark,next on the list are . approved street radials/rims and a rear disk/caliper swap (back to stock),and a converter change.
Trying to get all of this done during the week so its ready for Calder friday.
See you friday night mate.
THCinc is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-01-2005, 06:04 PM   #41
THCinc
Starter Motor

Quote:
we seen you there but was not able to read the time boards..i only heard them sing out one of your runs....14.17...`too much noise`..you guys got plenty of runs last night...
The Boards at Calder that display the time should be replaced with new ones before the end of Feburary...
They should also think about replacing the P.A. System at the same time as the time board, so we can actually hear the damn thing......maybe they can use the speakers from XRFPV8`s ute....... :
Old 23-01-2005, 06:11 PM   #42
THCinc
Starter Motor

[QUOTE=GTP-330]some nice times there hommies

Thanks very much GTP-330, when are we going to see you at Calder next mate?

Last edited by THCinc; 23-01-2005 at 06:12 PM.
Old 23-01-2005, 09:02 PM   #43
SpoolMan

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by THCinc
Hello there Mark,next on the list are . approved street radials/rims and a rear disk/caliper swap (back to stock),and a converter change.
Trying to get all of this done during the week so its ready for Calder friday.
See you friday night mate.
We will be there hoping to have tyres ready to run on my brothers AU6..
Old 23-01-2005, 09:05 PM   #44
SpoolMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by EFFalcon
I Managed to get a time slip off STOKEB
Deffinately has to be the quickest terminal speed for an N/A I6!

http://www.deleted link/pics/hustimeslip.jpg

2.2 60ft
Hi John, he has a manual, with that 60 foot and his freakish MPH there is more in that car to come...

Old 24-01-2005, 08:09 AM   #45
V8 Ghia
Formally ED I6

Couldn't believe how different the lights at calder are compared to heathcote, totally missed the start on all 3 of my runs, and just didn't manage a good run.
Best time on friday for me was a 15.1@93mph
Disappointed that i got there just before 7pm and only got in 3 runs back to back before they closed the track :

---------------------------
Other
93' ED 5spd 4.0L NA Fairmont
13.75 @ 101mph
V8 Ghia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-01-2005, 09:10 AM   #46
EFFalcon
Last warning

Quote:
Hi John, he has a manual, with that 60 foot and his freakish MPH there is more in that car to come...
damn right there is
Its been a long time coming being in the low 14's for ages!
Old 24-01-2005, 09:17 AM   #47
SpoolMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ED I6
Couldn't believe how different the lights at calder are compared to heathcote, totally missed the start on all 3 of my runs
it dosn't matter when you take off, the lights at these meets are setup to start the timimg as soon as you break the beam..you can sit there for 10 seconds the timing will start soon as you take off...
the Compition cars run a sportsman tree, soon as there light turns green there timimg starts. there reaction time is important..

Old 24-01-2005, 09:44 AM   #48
Chris
AFF.com.au

Quote:
it dosn't matter when you take off, the lights at these meets are setup to start the timimg as soon as you break the beam..you can sit there for 10 seconds the timing will start soon as you take off...
the Compition cars run a sportsman tree, soon as there light turns green there timimg starts. there reaction time is important..
Greetings Mark,

On a "Pro" tree, (all yellows flash, then green) the timers start when the stage beams are broken

On a standard tree, (one yellow at a time) the timers also start once the beams are broken.

The reaction time is always important. Street or track, you snooze........

you lose.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-01-2005, 09:59 AM   #49
V8 Ghia
Formally ED I6

Quote:
Yeah i know, but i still got a shock when it went green without the sequential flashing yellows first, and hence i stuffed up my first run (And wheel spun badly on my other two runs).
Was the number of cars there on friday night normal for calder, or were there a lot more??
I would have liked to have had a couple more runs

Other
13.75 @ 101mph
Old 24-01-2005, 10:02 AM   #50
V8 Ghia
Formally ED I6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris
Greetings Mark,

On a "Pro" tree, (all yellows flash, then green) the timers start when the stage beams are broken

On a standard tree, (one yellow at a time) the timers also start once the beams are broken.

you lose.
Does the reaction time on the pro tree work the same as the standard tree, where the reaction time on green will be 0.8s??

Other
13.75 @ 101mph
Old 24-01-2005, 11:29 AM   #51
Chris
AFF.com.au

Quote:
Does the reaction time on the pro tree work the same as the standard tree, where the reaction time on green will be 0.8s??
.4 each light.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-01-2005, 09:25 PM   #52
SpoolMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris

you lose.
HI CHRIS YOU CAN SIT THERE FOR 25 SEC THE TIMING DONT START UNTIL YOU BREAK THE BEAM AT A STREET MEET....REACTION TIME COUNTS FOR LITTLE AT A STREET MEET IT WONT CHANGE YOUR ET ...

Old 24-01-2005, 09:26 PM   #53
SpoolMan

Quote:
PERFECT REACTION TIME IS .400
AT A STREET MEET TAKE YOUR TIME DONT BE RUSHED BY THE OTHER CAR, LET HIM GO IF YOUR NOT READY, OR IF ITS TO NOISEY IT PUTS DRIVERS OFF...DONT RACE THE OTHER CAR, RACE THE CLOCK FOR A BETTER ET.

Last edited by SpoolMan; 24-01-2005 at 09:29 PM.
Old 25-01-2005, 12:10 AM   #54
marcuss

Here is a link to Willowbanks drag race tutorial. Some good info for newcomers to drag racing.

http://www.willowbank-raceway.com.au/getinv.htm
marcuss is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-01-2005, 06:40 PM   #55
STOKEB
NOS Induction pssssshhhhh

I have added my time slip
STOKEB - 3:7 diff gears, 3inch zorst, JMM Race Series Extractors, Custom Bottom end to suit N20, AU DEV 6 Head and Cam, Cold Air Intake, ED XR6 Manual Computer with Flash Tunner, ED XR6 Fuel reg, C10 Auto, 2800stall .
---------------------------------------------------
I LiVe My LiFe A bOtTlE aT a TiMe, FoR tHoSe 200 sQuIrTs I fEeL fReE.........pssssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhh
STOKEB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post