Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 12-01-2013, 03:33 PM   #1291
MWTB
I'm old and I fell

Default Re: AFF Weight Gain/Loss Program

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mont5.0 View Post
How tall are you? Im 6'2 and 100kg is ideal for me. I was 85kg all my life-then quit smoking 4 years ago and blew out to 120kg. I started cardio and light weights at home(never lifted until the age of 34) and dropped to 95!(in around 6 months). I then joined the gym 31/2 years ago and am staying steady at 100kg. i fluctuate a bit,can gain a few but can lose a few also, but 100kg suits me to a tea. I now train 4 days a week, and try to do 2 body part per session for around 1 hour 10min per session,i eat well and feel well. For me Diet is the key.
I'm 6'3 mate

82lb injectors, Walbro fuel pump, bigger cooler, Plazmaman piping, SS Growler, tune, ZF tune, Crow valve springs so far.

Ozracing coilovers, Pedders sway bars front and rear.

315rwkw
MWTB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-01-2013, 12:58 AM   #1292
MWTB
I'm old and I fell

Is anyone else using a preworkout supplement? I've been trying a few. Went through my tub of ACG3 and decided to try a different one. Got talked into getting Assault because apparently it won PWO of the year last year and I can see why.

Set this PB tonight. My last PB set on ACG3 was 1 hour 7 minutes, 22km and 409 cals burned. Smaaaaaashed it.

82lb injectors, Walbro fuel pump, bigger cooler, Plazmaman piping, SS Growler, tune, ZF tune, Crow valve springs so far.

315rwkw
Old 17-01-2013, 07:37 PM   #1293
pundit
Gazza!

At the moment I am at a cross roads.

Do I keep seeing my personal trainer twice a fortnight, or only see him once a fortnight but take up karate which I can do 6, 2 hour sessions for the same price as a 30 min PT sesh. Both options will work me hard, advantage of karate is self defence as I have absoulte no idea how to defend myself if need be.. Nees some opnions guys...

Sent from my GT-P1000 using Tapatalk 2
11.79 @ 122mph

RIP 2006 - 2017
pundit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-01-2013, 08:26 PM   #1294
XR6_661
Cane Farmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pundit View Post
At the moment I am at a cross roads.

Do I keep seeing my personal trainer twice a fortnight, or only see him once a fortnight but take up karate which I can do 6, 2 hour sessions for the same price as a 30 min PT sesh. Both options will work me hard, advantage of karate is self defence as I have absoulte no idea how to defend myself if need be.. Nees some opnions guys...

If you want to learn to defend yourself, start up kickboxing or BJJ...Karate is all drills and unless someone does exactly what you learn to defend against, you'll be buggered.

I do kickboxing and BJJ (Mon, Kick boxing, Wed, BJJ) and the fitness aspect is incredible. Do all our drills first, then we spar...

As for personal trainer, ditch it altogether unless you are otherwise unmotivated....

1994 ED XR6T - Cobalt Blue.

2009 FG XR6 - Black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex
I couldn't give a crap how many are in their family, what gay passtimes they paticipate in, or whether they have a cat, dog or a freaken fish.

Keep your stinking family to yourself god damn it.
XR6_661 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-01-2013, 09:06 PM   #1295
pundit
Gazza!

With the PT there are some good things he gets me doing I would never think about.

Tough choices realy, at $3 a pop its worth it I think, same with kickboxing.

11.79 @ 122mph

RIP 2006 - 2017
Old 17-01-2013, 11:42 PM   #1296
Rev28K
re

Location: Victoria - where being slow & incompetent is considered being "safe"

Hi Pundit.

I'd stick a foot in both camps until you decide what pays off for you. A good PT can really pay off, I'm happy with mine. He's become a good mate. He's helped with running, pointed me to pilates and bikram yoga. And even helped out with the class hottie in Pilates when he himself was single, which is above & beyond what was required.

The self defence stuff is insanely good fun. Even something as stylised as boxing pays off for fitness. The SD stuff will knock any ego out of you and there is SO much in it (holds, baits, counter strikes, joint destruction, etc). Even something as stylised as boxing will help your fitness, if your PT does boxing as warm ups I'm sure you know how much it knocks the crap out of you.

Body Combat classes are fluff with no practical application, I'd avoid it. Nice for meeting the opposite sex but if you want to do that, well there is always Zumba.

I'm sure that everyone is going to jump in with their style being the best or most applicable so here is mine. The tiny amount of SD stuff I did was Pencak Silat based and way too enjoyable (some of the instructors were just artists with knives & sticks. I've never felt as vulnerable as when they used me to show the nasty stuff that just a practice kerambit could do). Krav Maga looks like fun. Once again like PT's a good instructor & class can make or break your enthusiasm about SD.
Scuderia Rev: Otto the tow pig - 2007 3.0 litre Coupé, vernünftig schnelle aber kein peilstab, Bathurst 2007 und 2010 zwölf Stunde Gewinner Jaffa the angry ant - mid 70's Honda 市民の, 73 と立方インチ LSD Elle "the body" shell - early 70's Datsun フェアレディ coupe. いい体は彼女の内側、内側と土台を待つ
Rev28K is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-01-2013, 12:43 AM   #1297
pundit
Gazza!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev28K View Post
Hi Pundit.

I'd stick a foot in both camps until you decide what pays off for you. A good PT can really pay off, I'm happy with mine. He's become a good mate. He's helped with running, pointed me to pilates and bikram yoga. And even helped out with the class hottie in Pilates when he himself was single, which is above & beyond what was required.

The self defence stuff is insanely good fun. Even something as stylised as boxing pays off for fitness. The SD stuff will knock any ego out of you and there is SO much in it (holds, baits, counter strikes, joint destruction, etc). Even something as stylised as boxing will help your fitness, if your PT does boxing as warm ups I'm sure you know how much it knocks the crap out of you.

Body Combat classes are fluff with no practical application, I'd avoid it. Nice for meeting the opposite sex but if you want to do that, well there is always Zumba.

I'm sure that everyone is going to jump in with their style being the best or most applicable so here is mine. The tiny amount of SD stuff I did was Pencak Silat based and way too enjoyable (some of the instructors were just artists with knives & sticks. I've never felt as vulnerable as when they used me to show the nasty stuff that just a practice kerambit could do). Krav Maga looks like fun. Once again like PT's a good instructor & class can make or break your enthusiasm about SD.
Hey mate, my gym doesnt have many options in the way of programs and what not, and well to be honest dont find my trainer to be "that helpfull". My issue I have is lack of options where I live.

I am thinking the karate also for the confidance boost. And heck if it knocks egos around i know some people who should really contemplate doing it themselfs.

11.79 @ 122mph

RIP 2006 - 2017
Old 18-01-2013, 01:48 AM   #1298
Rev28K
re

OK Pundit, sounds like it's Karate then.

Sometimes with martial arts you get the feeling that it's a case of "down the rabbit hole". There is just so much in it. "My guy" pinches from everywhere - Judo, Tae Kwan Do, Karate, Eskrima, Aikido, etc. Enjoy!

Damn Kongs, Bear Crawls & Crocodile push ups for warm ups kill me.
Scuderia Rev: Otto the tow pig - 2007 3.0 litre Coupé, vernünftig schnelle aber kein peilstab, Bathurst 2007 und 2010 zwölf Stunde Gewinner Jaffa the angry ant - mid 70's Honda 市民の, 73 と立方インチ LSD Elle "the body" shell - early 70's Datsun フェアレディ coupe. いい体は彼女の内側、内側と土台を待つ
Old 25-01-2013, 11:12 AM   #1299
MWTB
I'm old and I fell

I think I'm finally coming out of my plateau....

Weighed in this morning at 119.8. First time I've been under 120kg in 4 years. So happy

315rwkw
This user likes this post:
Old 25-01-2013, 06:35 PM   #1300
pundit
Gazza!

Started going to the gym on 28th November and clocked in at 122.3 or there abouts so good effort so far. Spesh considering there was a 3 week binge of no gym and eating fatty ****** food and fast food.
11.79 @ 122mph

RIP 2006 - 2017
Old 26-01-2013, 07:22 PM   #1301
AU Mont
Banned

i would much rather boxing as a good cardio and all rounder sesh than karate
AU Mont is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-01-2013, 12:25 PM   #1302
MWTB
I'm old and I fell

Where is everyone from 4 or 5 pages back? Hopefully you're all still going string and haven't lost motivation!

315rwkw
Old 28-01-2013, 06:02 PM   #1303
pundit
Gazza!

Mine is stronger than ever at the moment! Hoping that it stays that way!
11.79 @ 122mph

RIP 2006 - 2017
Old 07-02-2013, 07:04 PM   #1304
MWTB
I'm old and I fell

Looks like the plateau is still kicking my *** and is really getting my motivation down. Starting a keto (ketogenic) diet next week to try and **** it off!

315rwkw
Old 09-02-2013, 10:15 AM   #1305
pundit
Gazza!

Like I said to ya before mate, wrap a tape measure around yaself and see what it does... From what I have been reading a way to try and come out of a plateau is to shock your body.
11.79 @ 122mph

RIP 2006 - 2017
Old 10-02-2013, 09:05 PM   #1306
MWTB
I'm old and I fell

Getting drunk for the last time for at least a month or two, maybe three tonight. If I'm still alive tomorrow, it is day #1 of my keto diet. Goodbye occasional can of V, sushi, pasta or sandwich, hopefully hello mad gains (losses) every week.

315rwkw
Old 10-02-2013, 09:17 PM   #1307
Resurrection
I was correct - AGAIN

Height: 180cm
Weight: 89kg

BMI: 27.47
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Body_mass_index

Need to be max 80kg.
Resurrection is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-02-2013, 10:01 PM   #1308
MWTB
I'm old and I fell

Ending day 3 of keto diet. Still not in ketogenesis yet but apparently it is expected to be reached in 4-7 days. Got myself some keto-stix to gauge. Hopefully this works for me, I'm really hating this plateau.

315rwkw
Old 13-02-2013, 09:34 PM   #1309
Rev28K
re

Keto diet? Is that deliberately loading up your body so that it goes out of whack and produces ketones? Man that sounds a bit risky - Diabetics have it pounded in to their heads that long term high ketones lead to complications and organ failure. You must really have to hammer your body/diet to trick it in to doing this.

My BMI = 26. If I took up jogging again I'd prob drop 4kg and get it back under a BMI of 25, I don't care enough ATM to do this. The plan is this year I'm going to get a bit more flexibility as I'm pretty shocking and I won't improve with age if I don't start working on it. Overall I'm fitter than I was 10 years ago and have a good resting heart beat.

Last edited by Rev28K; 13-02-2013 at 09:58 PM.
Old 13-02-2013, 10:42 PM   #1310
MWTB
I'm old and I fell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev28K View Post
Keto diet? Is that deliberately loading up your body so that it goes out of whack and produces ketones? Man that sounds a bit risky - Diabetics have it pounded in to their heads that long term high ketones lead to complications and organ failure. You must really have to hammer your body/diet to trick it in to doing this.
Not loading up, you're restricting sugar and carb intake to almost nil on carbs and nil on sugar. It's a pretty safe diet to practice, doctors prescribe it to epileptics as a treatment. It makes your body stop burning glucose as energy and forces it to burn fat. I'll be cycling it for a month and see how I go.

315rwkw
Old 18-02-2013, 10:54 PM   #1311
MWTB
I'm old and I fell

If anyone here has tumblr, consider following my blog about my fitness journey. I made it tonight after some friends suggested I do so, they thought it might help others.

http://mwtbsfitnessjourney.tumblr.co...e-bit-about-me

315rwkw
Old 07-03-2013, 06:07 PM   #1312
MWTB
I'm old and I fell

Down to 116.8kg down from 142.6kg in mid October last year, still going strong. Anyone else still going or am I here by myself!?

315rwkw
2 users like this post:
Old 07-03-2013, 06:43 PM   #1313
XR6_661
Cane Farmer

Good stuff man! Keep it up.

I'm more active in the 'Do you even lift' thread in the sports bar, hence why I haven't updated anything in here!

1994 ED XR6T - Cobalt Blue.

2009 FG XR6 - Black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex
I couldn't give a crap how many are in their family, what gay passtimes they paticipate in, or whether they have a cat, dog or a freaken fish.

Keep your stinking family to yourself god damn it.
XR6_661 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-03-2013, 03:13 AM   #1314
MWTB
I'm old and I fell

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR6_661 View Post
Good stuff man! Keep it up.

I'm more active in the 'Do you even lift' thread in the sports bar, hence why I haven't updated anything in here!
Ahh fair enough mate. I've started lifting a lot recently which is helping the weight come off while adding muscle. Here's my most recent progress shot. Love handles are almost completely gone.

Ignore my stupid pose, I was taking a sarcastic photo fangirling my mates band whose singlet I am wearing. Very pleased with my progress. Keen to drop these next 15-20kgs and hit my target!

315rwkw
Old 12-03-2013, 07:17 PM   #1315
pundit
Gazza!

here is a before and after.. well not exactly right before but the only photos I could find on facebook from before I started working out...

Should be on 100 by the end of the month... had 2 1/2 - 3 weeks away from the gym and went from 107 to 109 but **** happens, 106.2 at the moment.
11.79 @ 122mph

RIP 2006 - 2017
Old 15-03-2013, 10:41 PM   #1316
robbyj
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by MWTB View Post
Is anyone else using a preworkout supplement? I've been trying a few. Went through my tub of ACG3 and decided to try a different one. Got talked into getting Assault because apparently it won PWO of the year last year and I can see why.
I use assault as a pre work out supplement. I haven't tried any others but i feel as though this one works really well. Tried every flavor too! stick with fruit punch, there's a few funky flavors.

I also use SCIVATION XTEND as an intra workout supp and highly recommend that as well.

I haven't gained any weight for a while but still seem to be increasing muscle to the naked eye. Not sure what my %body fat is but it cant be much. Perhaps since starting soccer training and everything iv lost a couple kgs of fat and put it on in muscle.

Either way i'm going to really focus on my diet and train hard and try break through this plateau.

Biggest iv been, so happy, just really pushing to crack that 80kg mark

robbyj is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-03-2013, 02:02 PM   #1317
pundit
Gazza!

Had PT today, came on at 102.5 so a 20kg loss from when I started late November last year. Waist is 112cm from 125/127cm aswell. My trainer thinks I can crack under the hundy in the next week I think so too Just need to must myself like there is no tomorrow.
11.79 @ 122mph

RIP 2006 - 2017
Old 23-03-2013, 08:23 PM   #1318
dexter69
Starter Motor

mate I have been working for 1 month on my weight. started out in early jan at 140 now down to 127 ish. feel much better too.
dexter69 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-03-2013, 09:56 PM   #1319
MWTB
I'm old and I fell

Quote:
Originally Posted by dexter69 View Post
mate I have been working for 1 month on my weight. started out in early jan at 140 now down to 127 ish. feel much better too.
Wait you lost 13kg in one month? That's way too much man, you're losing muscle as well as fat!

315rwkw
Old 25-03-2013, 04:17 PM   #1320
Spudz27
Call me Spud

Well after years and years of abusing my body with junk and no exercise and constantly being told I was risking death due to my already complicated heart condition, 5wks ago I woke up and said **** it, I need to do something. So with that I bgan to walk 1km up hill each day progressing more and more to now where I am doing 3km a day. After my 3km walk I come home and do 50 sit ups, and I use a 10kg dumbell just to start toning my flabby arms. In the last 5wks I also go to the gym once a week and do 4.5km on treadmill at 5km/h and 4" grade. I then go and do some lat pull downs, push ups and then hit the bike where I go 10 mins at a time on level 10 and keep a steady 85rpm. Surprisingly my heart is coping so far and saw my specialist on Friday and there has been no change since my last visit, so it is obviously coping, today I mixed jogging into my 3km walk (That was maybe pushing it). In 5wks I have dropped 11-14kg and have gone from a 4xl to a 2xl shirt which I celebrated by finally buying surf clothes again lol. I am now just below 100kg and as I am 178cm tall, I am looking to drop to 85kg as I want a bit of muscle on my body. It feels awesome because everyone I know notices just how good I am looking again etc and I have stamina I never used to have. I do have to be real careful but due to my heart, but we are getting there.

Food wise I am still sneaking in junk lol, but for the most part breakfast is an egg either poached or scrambled (no milk) with baby spinach on brown toast. Lunch is usually Tuna and salad on soy and lindseed bread (love the stuff) dinner tends to be pretty normal, but if I can avoid the high carb stuff I try to. I was even surprised as I was really busy this weekend and did not get time to exercise and I was eating poorly and I felt so bad about it lol.
Spudz27 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post: