Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 18-03-2018, 12:30 PM   #31
roddy1960
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Default Re: Unbelievable dangerous modification

Quote:
Originally Posted by muzman View Post
Its all covered now the teachers will be armed
Yeah , safe as now.

https://www.vox.com/2018/3/14/171200...ia-gun-control ...

Just shows ya how much of a tool Trump is .

Re car mods : It tickles me on the different car shows when they come in and take over a car resto like Overhaulin' as an example. On just about all the well known shows meeting modifications regulations never gets mentioned . Good luck with that here . I think on the British Wheeler Dealers it's one of the shows that's featured MOT's needing to be done to meet the reg's.

I used to think that this is not seen as important to meet car safety mods regulations in many North American car resto shows as part of the TV show . To be fair though on Fantom Works and the one based with the older Canadian bloke (show name escapes me at present) they do stress that safety and integrity of the car is crucial to any mods they do .

When you see stuff posted via this thread it makes me wonder now whether they do need to meet regs . One of the best known shows is Gas Monkey Garage , that's set in Texas, and they never ever mention stuff like that unless I'm missing something . Not a bad show to watch for the fun of it but maybe just a tad irresponsible .

Last edited by roddy1960; 18-03-2018 at 12:59 PM.
roddy1960 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-03-2018, 11:55 PM   #32
au350hp
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Unbelievable dangerous modification

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJR-351 View Post
And i thought the old shin into the tow-bar was bad, smacking one of these in the car-park will bring a tear to the eyes.
Brought back some brutal memories of stubbed toes. The driveway at the house I grew up in, where there used to be gates, the metal bracket where the gates met was still there, standing about 2'' proud. A few times i ran full bore up the drive way to go to the shops & drove my toes into it. ARRRGGHHH!!! I have always underestimated the torque or force gained when swinging limbs until they're forced to stop. The shinbone on a tow bar is one of the cruelest pains, with virtually no skin, you truly wonder how the bone hasn't been broken. I was out with a girl on a date, I liked her a lot and wanted to make a good impression. I parked, came around behind another car, smashed my leg into a towbar & had stars in my eyes it hurt SO much. How does that bone not break?
au350hp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post