Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 17-08-2006, 06:23 PM   #31
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruger
30 year olds are usually more mature drivers because a) theyve learnt their lesson from 'hooning' or b) they were never hoons in the first place.

i know of p plate drivers which drive very maturely on roads and i know idiots. the idiots will learn and the mature drivers will laugh
I think Flappist was being sarcastic, it can be hard to pick.

Dauphin - we would make a fortune, Im just lacking a little capital at the moment..lol
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-08-2006, 06:28 PM   #32
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Young immature irresponsible drivers either become mature more responsible drivers as they get older or they end up dead....

Old 17-08-2006, 06:36 PM   #33
Kryton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyal

Dauphin - we would make a fortune, Im just lacking a little capital at the moment..lol
sorry to destroy your dreams but i think you should read here:
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=56683
Kryton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-08-2006, 07:25 PM   #34
jimmy_c
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

But on the other hand you must have some give and take. Look at the stupid motorsport land use rules that victoria put in place.

The biggest factor is not being taken into account here. These guys are screaming out for somewhere to race. !!! and mess about.

I dont agree for 1 min what these guys did on PUBLIC roads but you have to admit though there is a lack of freedom now days.

Someone could have been killed like that ferarri incident.
jimmy_c is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-08-2006, 03:45 AM   #35
MAFIA
Grange killer!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by au3 chaser
Car mod scene? In Australia? What can you do to your car these days? You need an engineers cert to do anything to your vehicle these days, even putting gauges on your bonnet....

Soon enough, you'll need a cert for mag wheels or lowering....
I don't know about you easterner but here in WA we don't need any engineer cert for any of those and more things when we mod our cars.

WA Rocks... :

INSURED BY MAFIA. YOU HIT US, WE KILL YOU!

FORD FTE AU T-SERIES CLUB OF AUSTRALIA
www.tseriesclub.org
MAFIA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-08-2006, 02:17 PM   #36
Noofa
Stock BA MII XT

a dude here got his car impounded for 'street racing' doing 70 in a 60 zone. went to court, got the wrong judge and ended up loosing his lisence and car(impounded)for 6 months, and cost him over $2400 (13 dollars per day impounding fee)

new laws are ****. gotta love the 6 metre burnout dude!
Noofa is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-08-2006, 02:35 PM   #37
stiddy
Banned

Quote:
its always been a dream of mine to open a public burnout pad lol $20 car entrant kebab van lots of seats would be awesome lol
30 year olds are usually more mature drivers because a) theyve learnt their lesson from 'hooning' or b) they were never hoons in the first place.
AND c) They were lucky enough to live to 30!

I say sucked into the hoon's having their cars impounded..
Not like I can really talk, ive come close. But like flappist says.. Young people are young people and will always be the same..

Does not matter what you do, it will happen, driving ed? PFFT, it teaches them how to drive, gives them more confidence so they try dumber stunts and drive faster.. with the exception of some, not all the young people are hoons.
stiddy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-08-2006, 02:48 PM   #38
BA_Turbs
Allan Smithee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noofa
a dude here got his car impounded for 'street racing' doing 70 in a 60 zone. went to court, got the wrong judge and ended up loosing his lisence and car(impounded)for 6 months, and cost him over $2400 (13 dollars per day impounding fee)

new laws are ****. gotta love the 6 metre burnout dude!
That just sounds like a steaming pile of Bull****. Is this person known to you and how are the facts confirmed? Sure, the system isn't perfect, but please, 10km/h over and lost licence, car for 6 months and $2400. Even if there was the single biggest bull**** court hearing ever and this did happen, an apeeal to a higher court would see the entire thing thrown out and costs awarded againt prosecution.
BA_Turbs is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-08-2006, 03:03 PM   #39
xe351
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Heres a thoery, do you think its possible that 'frustrating drivers' eg 10km under the limit peoples encourages normally sensible drivers to become what might be considered 'hoonish' from their pure frustration?
xe351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-08-2006, 03:04 PM   #40
stiddy
Banned

Street racing is an INSTANT comfiscation of the car, even if you only get to 40km/h.

If you take off quickly side by side off the line with another vehical, be it fast or slow, its classed as street racing. That means confiscation.

My mate and I, were driving around, and having little squirts here and there..
One set of lights, in an 80km/h we both launched off the line, unmarked car a few cars back, straight away turned his lights on, pulled us both over, we only got to 70km/h.
Firstly the cop wanted to throw the book at us, but then realised me and scott are mates and were just stuffing around, then calmed down and told us the law, what could happen, what street racing is and whatever else, gave us a stern warning and sent us on our way.
stiddy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-08-2006, 03:08 PM   #41
Noofa
Stock BA MII XT

Quote:
Originally Posted by BA_Turbs
That just sounds like a steaming pile of Bull****. Is this person known to you and how are the facts confirmed? Sure, the system isn't perfect, but please, 10km/h over and lost licence, car for 6 months and $2400. Even if there was the single biggest bull**** court hearing ever and this did happen, an apeeal to a higher court would see the entire thing thrown out and costs awarded againt prosecution.

i know the bloke. it is true. Street racing is street racing. 2400 is not the fine, not sure on what its worth, but yeh 13 dollars a dday for impounding.
Noofa is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-08-2006, 03:53 PM   #42
Ruger
Bseries Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Vman
Young immature irresponsible drivers either become mature more responsible drivers as they get older or they end up dead....
that my friend is called darwins natural selection

Only those that attempt the absurd achieve the impossible.

Serviced and maintained by Mascot Auto Repairs
Ruger is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-08-2006, 05:03 PM   #43
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
that my friend is called darwins natural selection
Yep, very true!