Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 16-05-2005, 10:07 PM   #1
FlaminFiesta

Default 132 in a 110 zone NSW HELP!!

Hey !

my mate got done for 132KMH in a 110KMH zone and the cop said he lost 3 points and $208 and that was it.

But i jumped on the RTA website and it says he will lose his license for a month ? any one experience being clocked at this speed and what happened ?

pls help :(
FlaminFiesta is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-05-2005, 10:11 PM   #2
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

well, its one of 2 things, The cop dropped it 3kmh to 129 (he's safe) or he'll be getting a letter in the mail saying when the 1 month starts.

Now in Euro-Trash. VW Coupe V6 4motion.
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-05-2005, 10:13 PM   #3
FlaminFiesta

he wrote 132 in 110 zone on the ticket !
Old 16-05-2005, 10:14 PM   #4
XA-Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I would say he better get a bus schedule soon then
XA-Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-05-2005, 10:14 PM   #5
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

then he's going to have to get used to public transport most likely, it will be an automatic loss of license.

Old 16-05-2005, 10:15 PM   #6
FlaminFiesta

have you guys actually been caught at this speed ?
Old 16-05-2005, 10:16 PM   #7
XA-Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaminFiesta
No, but I used to catch people at that speed. :
XA-Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-05-2005, 10:20 PM   #8
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaminFiesta
Yes, was even higher....but I had a nice Mr Plod who I treated with respect and who knocked off enough for me to keep my license. :1syellow1

Old 16-05-2005, 10:31 PM   #9
adxr8
Rebuilding the ED

Angry 127k in 100 zone

I got done in Jan coming back from the Nats. He said I was doing 127 in a 100 zone, I said it was only 120. The ticket only said doing 15k over and it cost me 3 points and $208 bucks. He warned me that doing 30k or more over the limit would have me walking.
adxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-05-2005, 10:49 PM   #10
FlaminFiesta

frigin hell

i was infront and my mate was behind me about 4 cars away and he was doing 132km i was on about 120+ i broke and got down to 105 he didnt see the cop he was at the back of a pack and got pulled over..

shit..

Last edited by FlaminFiesta; 16-05-2005 at 10:51 PM.
Old 16-05-2005, 10:53 PM   #11
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Well I was lucky when I got done at 139 in a 110. Long story short I was in Tassie and thought I was going to miss the ferry back to Vic (Id be damned if that was going to happen). So naturally along a perfect highway I sat on 120 for a while, then over took a crudy brown AU. Next thing I know it pulls over, I thought nothing of it at the time, then 1 min later it was up my backside lights ablaze.

I got the fine, sh!tting my pants I just shut up and copped it. I got done for not having a P plate up aswell. BUT, in Tassie after 1 year on your P's there is no need to show your plates.

So I wrote the commissioner a letter, said that I was very sorry for speeding and that it was unfair that I got an extra point taken off. The reply I got was very suprising. Basically it said that I will have to pay $250 for the fine, but didn't lose any points because they didn't have juristriction and that it was one law currently being looked at.

I haven't done that speed on a public road since.

Moral of the story. Dont speed exessively and Tassie cops have stealth like cars...lol
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane

Last edited by Polyal; 16-05-2005 at 11:15 PM.
Polyal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-05-2005, 11:12 PM   #12
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Mmm. Really though what is the difference between a speeding car with P plates and a car without them? Personally the only reason we have P plates is so cops have a target. If you have P plates you want to hope your doin the right thing. I

heard that you lose 3 points for doin 10km/h over in NSW so 3 points for doin 22Km/h seems reasonable. Personally i would rather a hefty fine than demerit points as fines can be paid. But thats the whole reason behind demerit points. No matter how much you pay you cant get them back and therefore what makes people abey the limits. Ive had a warning for 15km/h over before and some cop tried to book me for speeding and i asked for evidence. Ticket never came.
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-05-2005, 11:37 PM   #13
Dave_au
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

He hasnt lost 3 points, he's lost at least 4. 3 points in NSW is now for <15km/h over. If your >15km/h its 4 points and the $200 fine.

He's probably gone too - you really need to have a look at the ticket, but it you do over 130 in NSW your outta here.
Dave_au is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-05-2005, 11:38 PM   #14
nikkoli
BA Fairmont Ghia 04

My girlfriend got done 2 weeks ago doing 134km/h coming back from Bathhurst....when the cop said shed lose her liscense for a month,she was really apologetic,and then the copper bumped it down to 129....that would never happen to me!
nikkoli is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-05-2005, 11:46 PM   #15
Biggoggs
Rider on the storm

Quote:
Moral of the story. Dont speed exessively and Tassie cops have stealth like cars...lol
Hell yes. I keep an eye out for any Camry, X-Trail, AU, and Corolla :/

Quote:
Mmm. Really though what is the difference between a speeding car with P plates and a car without them? Personally the only reason we have P plates is so cops have a target. If you have P plates you want to hope your doin the right thing. I
Because in Tasmania, for your first year you have to display `P plates', and aren't supposed to exceed 80km/h. Thus, if you're doing, say, 112 in a 110 zone, that's 32km/h over the provisional limit.
Haven't met anyone that actually follows the 80km/h limit though :P

Cheers
Biggoggs is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-05-2005, 11:53 PM   #16
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggoggs
Because in Tasmania, for your first year you have to display `P plates', and aren't supposed to exceed 80km/h. Thus, if you're doing, say, 112 in a 110 zone, that's 32km/h over the provisional limit.
Haven't met anyone that actually follows the 80km/h limit though :P

Cheers
Lol in ACT we do whatever the posted limit is and can do P off which means you can take your Ps off after 6 months and get 4 extra points which costs $68 and apparently really bludge. 1 point for <=15km over and 3 points 15<=30km.
Old 17-05-2005, 02:35 AM   #17
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Quote:
From 4 April 2005, the penalty for speeding up to 15 km/h over the limit has increased from 2 to 3 demerit points. For light vehicle drivers (eg cars, motorbikes, vans, etc) the fine has been reduced from $130 to $75, while the fine for heavy vehicles drivers remains $199.

3 points also apply for speeding up to 15 km/h over the speed limit.

The penalties for speeding more than 15 km/h over the speed limit remain unchanged.
Quoted from RTA website

So for 0-30kmh over the limit, its 3 demerits.. but different fine price

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Teki04 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-05-2005, 02:38 AM   #18
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

oh, also:

Quote:
A one-month licence suspension or minimum disqualification period applies for any driver caught travelling more than 130km/h but not more than 140km/h in 110km/h zone (this offence does not apply to drivers restricted to a maximum speed limit of 100km/h or less such as learner, provisional or heavy vehicle drivers).
You also lose 3 demerits and $208.... P Platers im guessing get the 3 months suspension, as they would be 40kmh+ over the 90kmh limit, hence losing 4 demerits (which is your P demerit limit)

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)

Last edited by Teki04; 17-05-2005 at 02:39 AM.
Teki04 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-05-2005, 08:44 AM   #19
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_au
He hasnt lost 3 points, he's lost at least 4. 3 points in NSW is now for <15km/h over. If your >15km/h its 4 points and the $200 fine.

He's probably gone too - you really need to have a look at the ticket, but it you do over 130 in NSW your outta here.
Yeah it recently changed about a month ago ... the electronic signs on te M4 have been flashing this message up for a while now. (3 points <15km/h over - 4 points 15-30km/h over)

really ... anything over 125 now (if the cop is a bastard) you will lose 4 points.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-05-2005, 09:01 AM   #20
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

And now that I read the RTA website ... it says differently ... but also ... there is also a note written at the bottom of the page:
"The information was correct at time of publish."

Might be interesting to ring the RTA and see what it is.

I was recently done for travelling in a Transit lane in the morning ... while I was looking for an address along Victoria Rd around Drummoyne (courier driver) ... I needed to be in the left lane ... and was pulled over ... told the officer nicely that I was working and need the left lane to look for an address ... he didn't budge on it.

I will get the courier company to write me a letter to the Police Ombudsman in regards to it.
Old 17-05-2005, 09:09 AM   #21
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Think about though. It means on double demerits you could possibly lose 6 points for 3km/h over. 3 points for <=15km/h i think is a bit harsh. In ACT its 1 point. Make the fine heavier I reckon but make points less :P. Fines can be paid.
Old 17-05-2005, 09:12 AM   #22
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

I think that's the point of increasing the points ... it makes driver's think twice about speeding in the first place ... due to the fact when you lose your points ... you lose them ... and don't get them back for 3 years (or lose your licence in one go).

Driver's cherish their points more than money ... points on your licence is like gold.
Old 17-05-2005, 09:27 AM   #23
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yeah but for 15km/h over it seems all a bit much. **** now every time i go down the coast im on the limit and get overtaken in ****ing 50 zones at Bungendore. Why they go from 100 to 50 its beyond me. And this 50 zone i speak of is way before town and way after town. It just creates congestion and makes people be stupid like overtaking in 50s. And the funny thing is that i catch up to these people eventually and they slow me down.
Old 17-05-2005, 10:08 AM   #24
FlaminFiesta

yep get busted over 130 and ur done for a month, but you can go on a good behaviour bond for 1 year to clear it up.

From RTA site

"Good behaviour period
Unrestricted licence holders who receive a Notice of Suspension due to the accumulation of demerit points can apply for a 12-month good behaviour period instead of serving the suspension. This option is not available to Provisional licence holders or those already serving a good behaviour period.

Drivers who accumulate two or more demerit points while serving a good behaviour period will be suspended for double the original suspension time.

Unrestricted licence holders can apply for a good behaviour period in person at a Motor Registry, but must do so before the date that the suspension is due to take effect."

tis of a day of shite! so what do you do !! poor bastard and im gonna cop some of the blame..

and Dave_au i rang the rta to verify the website and its 3 points and $208, difference in >15 and <30 is that the fine is only $75

Also where can you appeal outside of the courts ?

Last edited by FlaminFiesta; 17-05-2005 at 10:11 AM.
Old 17-05-2005, 10:20 AM   #25
merlin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

"poor bastard" "appeals" ect.

:

tell him to take some f$%n responsibility for his actions and cop the bloody consequences.

We all know what the penalty is for excessive speeding so really there isnt much of an excuse is there - obviously he wasnt paying attention to his surroundings otherwise he would have braked when you did.
1966 Ford Mustang coupe. 347 stroker, PA reverse manual C4, TCE high stall converter, B&M Pro Ratchet, Edelbrock alum heads, Edelbrock intake manifold, MSD ignition, Holley Street HP 750 CFM carb, gilmer drive, wrapped Hooker Super Comp Headers, dual 3" straight through exhaust, Bilstein shocks, custom springs, full poly suspension, American Racing rims, Open Tracker roller spring saddles and shelby drop.

Still to go - Holley Sniper EFI with integrated fuel cell.
merlin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-05-2005, 10:25 AM   #26
BJ
Banned

I got done doing 175 KPH in a 50 zone yep that was bloody stupid i can tell you. Loss of licence for 12 months $1,500 fine plus $450 on the spot. Here in Melbourne they give you one month before you suspention? starts. I have never been caught since.

Last edited by BJ; 17-05-2005 at 10:30 AM.
BJ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-05-2005, 10:26 AM   #27
bindi
Redhead extraordinaire...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechan1k
I think that's the point of increasing the points ... it makes driver's think twice about speeding in the first place ... due to the fact when you lose your points ... you lose them ... and don't get them back for 3 years (or lose your licence in one go).

Driver's cherish their points more than money ... points on your licence is like gold.
Damn, I didn't realise how harsh it has become. I will stop going my usual 5-10kph over the limit, and the fact that the road I used to drive at 60kph many years ago is now a 50kph zone does NOT mean I can still drive it at 60kph (even though it is perfectly safe to do so... grrrrr).

I value my licence, and in the nearly 16 years I have had it I have never lost a single point.

I'm just gonna have to put up with the 4wd's that sit on my *** trying to force me to move when I in fact am doing the speed limit.

The other day I was nearing a 40kph school zone and had this van barrelling up towards my boot in a big hurry... till I braked quite severely (my excuse? slowing down to 40kph but in reality it was a big show to get this f*cker to slow down) and she almost ran up my butt. I would've copped the hit too, so the cops could come out and I could show that she was a) too close to me (neg driving) and b) planning to speed through a school zone. Yes, she had a "crazy bitch" sticker on her back window...

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_waity
Oh, and another surefire symptom will be the Falcon badge at the back.
bindi is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-05-2005, 10:57 AM   #28
PULLY6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

when I got caught doing 76 in a 60 the cop was really nice (even though it was 11:30pm). He bumped it down to 74; it was then only 1 point, $167 and 6 month extension of P conditions.

Of course, when I went through a camera @ 147 6 months later (jan. this year), it was a diff. story!
Old 17-05-2005, 11:26 AM   #29
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I got busted doin 55 in a 40zone. It was purely a mistake as i was in college and finished school for the day so forgot it was 40 and thought it was 60. I told the cop the mistake and he just gave me a warning. I never sped in the school zones intentionally.

As for dickheads tail gating your *** throug, switch your parking lights on and off therefore your not actually braking. Its is sad to say though that the majority of people that have tailgated me through school zones are mums with their kids in their car but are the first one to arc up when someone else does it.

When it comes to the end of the school zone i just put the foot down up to 60 and they have quickly disappeared off my ***. One time though for some reason it infuriated some owner of a 4WD and started following me. Lucky i had a car to get away in They hit me then good. Ill sue their *** into the ground.
Old 17-05-2005, 11:37 AM   #30
XplosiveR6
Viper FG XR6 Turbo

you guys are luck in NSW losing ur licence for doing 30kms over, here in victoria you only have to do 20kms over to lose your licence
XplosiveR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post