Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Site Sponsor Forums - In Alphabetical Order > Race Brakes Sydney

Race Brakes Sydney Street and race performance pad / rotor combinations as well as brake upgrades and Exedy clutch kits. Website Link

Old 12-01-2012, 10:48 AM   #1
EXARE8
Starter Motor

Default BA XR8 Ute Brake Upgrades

Hi Matt,

My mate has asked me to find out about some options to upgrade the brakes in his BA XR8 ute.
He would like a price on Brembo's front and rear, Brembo fronts PBR rear and just the FPV PBR brake kit to suit.
Would also need freight to Perth 6054.
Cheers mate

Twin 2.5" Stainless Steel Catback - BMC HiFlow Filter - Big Mouth Intake - Herrod Helix Spacer - Herrod Oil Seperators - Dark Tint - SSL King Springs - Autometer Cobalt Gauges - EGR Front Lip Armour
EXARE8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-01-2012, 05:04 PM   #2
FLOORED
Race Brakes Sydney

Default Re: BA XR8 Ute Brake Upgrades

Quote:
Originally Posted by EXARE8
Hi Matt,

My mate has asked me to find out about some options to upgrade the brakes in his BA XR8 ute.
He would like a price on Brembo's front and rear, Brembo fronts PBR rear and just the FPV PBR brake kit to suit.
Would also need freight to Perth 6054.
Cheers mate
Hi there i would recommend the brembo front and pbr 328mm vented rear option for the ute as it wil not have any rear pad knock off issues that the brembo's suffer from but here are some prices.

Brembo 6/4 kit 355mm/33mm from $4680
Brembo/PBR 6/1 kit 355mm/328mm from $3680
All kits have braided lines and all hardware needed
Freight to 6054 is included in the prices but insurance is extra if he wants it and he also needs to make sure his wheels will fit. Thanks for the enquiry and let me know if there is anything else.

Street to track is what we expertise in

Phone 02 9609 1101

sales@racebrakessydney.com.au

www.racebrakessydney.com.au
FLOORED is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-12-2013, 06:54 PM   #3
meathead14.39
Starter Motor

hi Matt,
what is this rear pad knock off issue your speaking of?
I'm looking into a upgraded brake setup for my ba2 xr8 ute also,
what wheel size is required for the 6 piston setup? 18's?
also do you have any kits other than the brembo? and what are the prices on those/
cheers
meathead14.39 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-12-2013, 09:53 PM   #4
05_ENFORCER

Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year
RBS are closed Tuesday 24th Dec and will be reopening Mon 6th Jan 2014 thankyou

Old 06-01-2014, 10:36 AM   #5
FLOORED
Race Brakes Sydney

Quote:
Originally Posted by meathead14.39 View Post
hi Matt,
what is this rear pad knock off issue your speaking of?
I'm looking into a upgraded brake setup for my ba2 xr8 ute also,
what wheel size is required for the 6 piston setup? 18's?
also do you have any kits other than the brembo? and what are the prices on those/
cheers
The rear utes suffered this when fiting fixed mounted calipers like the Brembo's to the rear of live axle as you get bearing wear the rear brakes move side to side basically when turning corners causing the issue but with a sliding caliper it compensates the movement.
18" is the minimum size wheel for a 355mm 6piston kit but you could do a 6 piston 343mm kit under a decent 17".
AP Racing and Alcon are available for Fords and we would suggest a PBR 328mm single piston rear kit to avoid the kncok off issues.
A 6/1 combo would cost from $5500 i reckon but we may be able to supply a good cheaper brand caliper in the coming months.

Street to track is what we expertise in

Phone 02 9609 1101

sales@racebrakessydney.com.au

www.racebrakessydney.com.au
FLOORED is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-01-2014, 07:02 PM   #6
The G6ET Spot
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

When I had my BA XR8 ute I went through 3 different brake setups.

Finally settled on a BF1 XR8 setup with 322mm front and 328 rear DBA 4000 cross drilled rotors with Ferodo DS2500 performance pads on the front and Bendix heavy duty pads on the rear and braided hoses of course.

This setup is more than adequate for a road car and I had never had the problem of brake fade with this setup.

Unless you are going to do track days I think you would be more than happy with the same setup.

This will give you an idea of the size with 19" wheels and also no problems with wheel fitments which is a bonus.

I have to stop looking at these pics Matt as every time I do I question myself for selling it

Dave
The G6ET Spot is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post: