Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 13-01-2005, 02:19 AM   #1
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

Angry Headlights

I have changed my headlights to Motec white/blue bulbs and Narva super white parkers.. unfortunately because the engine bay is so damn cramped i had to remove my headlights to do so. As a result my head light alignment is out, is there any easy way to fix this or do what im doing now which is adjust the screws bit by bit at night till i get em right.
Or is there a shop i could take my car to for a headlight alignment?
Any help would be much appreciated.
Mitch
mitch_lx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-01-2005, 08:14 AM   #2
krokemon

I have removed my headlights many times and I didnt have such a problem so far. They somehow lock to the original position. Did you use proper lamps? If the emitting point (how do we call this?) is not at the right point in the headlight then there is a problem...
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-01-2005, 12:03 PM   #3
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

The bulbs are right and they are positioned correctly. my headlights dont lock into the exact place they used to be. im having to loosen the screws then adjust the headlight then tighten screws then check head light alignment. Its gradualy getting there but its still a pain in the ***.
Old 13-01-2005, 12:24 PM   #4
whippet_zetec
Supes

Mitch,

You should be able to take your car down to any mechanics or even the service shop at your dealer, basically your headlight alignment is part of a road worthiness check and they check it by parking your car up against a wall with two x's marked on the wall, then they adjust your lights to those x's.....

bitch of a job do try and do without a calibration system to assist you...my suggestion go to Ford and get them to do it for you....dont know if they will charge you for it though.
Old 14-01-2005, 12:06 AM   #5
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

thx for the info, im going to ford tommorow morning for my 3 thousand K service, so ill get that done while im there.
Old 23-01-2005, 10:20 AM   #6
WASACL
Phat-Euro

Say it was like that when you got it!!!
WASACL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-01-2005, 10:23 AM   #7
Dodge
i like to be stroked

and take all them jacked up 4x4s down with u too i am sick of gettn sunburnt behind the ears when driving .
Old 25-01-2005, 12:55 PM   #8
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

Default Headlights

Unsure if they were like that when i got it because i got new bulbs on the first day, i took it to ford and they said they alligned the lights but i drove at night and they were still all outa whack. Ford also undid the 3 bolt/screws that hold the headlight in and moved the headlight around and my bonnet refused to open after they did this. idiots. :(
Old 25-01-2005, 02:22 PM   #9
whippet_zetec
Supes

oh well, take it back, show them the problem, get them to show you the calibration on the lights.....