Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 15-07-2018, 08:42 PM   #871
Maka
Au Falcon = Mr Reliable

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Embodiment of the AFF spirit in his efforts with ACP. 
Default Re: Depression, Anxiety

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roostercam View Post
Money is not the cause. The issues were already present, the financial situation brings the issues to the surface, hence the belief that 'money' is the problem. Dep/anx is not a socio-economic issue.
Unresolved issues is mostly what causes depression & anxiety which money could be one of 100 reasons, now if someone said i had depression because of money i would feel like knocking them out for disrespect & ignorance..

cheers, Maka

Proud owner of a optioned keeper S1 Tickford Falcon AU XR6 VCT - "it's actually a better-balanced car than the XR8, goes almost as hard and uses about two-thirds of the fuel" (Drive.com 2007)
Maka is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 15-07-2018, 08:53 PM   #872
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maka View Post
Unresolved issues is mostly what causes depression & anxiety which money could be one of 100 reasons, now if someone said i had depression because of money i would feel like knocking them out for disrespect & ignorance..

cheers, Maka
Hello,
Its comments like yours that keep folk with depression sick!
Nobody likes to admit they love money,but try living without it?

Cheers Billy.
slowsnake is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-07-2018, 08:54 PM   #873
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roostercam View Post
Money is not the cause. The issues were already present, the financial situation brings the issues to the surface, hence the belief that 'money' is the problem. Dep/anx is not a socio-economic issue.
No one said money was the isssue, the point is as the saying goes, money makes the world go around.
If you have underlying issues and find yourself hit with an unexpected loss of cashflow, like a loss of employment as slowsnake suggested, then the burden of financial stress can bring the depressive thoughts to the surface.
Whilst they are not the cause, they can be a trigger the same as my Doctors suggestion that a sudden winfall could bring somewhat relief through a feeling of elation at a win.
BENT_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-07-2018, 08:57 PM   #874
PG2
#neuteredlyfe
Donating Member2

Guys and Gals

I try to stay out of this thread out of respect for those of you that are affected by this illness, therefore, I don't read too much of it.

From what I have read from it though, this thread is for sharing your experiences in order to give yourself an outlet to vent and may be in the process help others who are in similar circumstances. To me it is not a thread for bush doctors to get on and diagnose in one sweeping statement the possible cause of everyone's illness(es).

We don't want to see everyone in this thread start arguing over the cause of mental illness.

For those of you who are regular contributors to this thread, I am more than happy to be corrected via PM.
PG2 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 15-07-2018, 09:05 PM   #875
Maka
Au Falcon = Mr Reliable

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Embodiment of the AFF spirit in his efforts with ACP. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowsnake View Post
Hello,
Its comments like yours that keep folk with depression sick!
Nobody likes to admit they love money,but try living without it?

Cheers Billy.
I totally respect & agree with what PG2 has just said, you have no idea imo but of course people like you dont think anyone else is entitled to a opinion, now do me a favour & ...

cheers, Maka

Proud owner of a optioned keeper S1 Tickford Falcon AU XR6 VCT - "it's actually a better-balanced car than the XR8, goes almost as hard and uses about two-thirds of the fuel" (Drive.com 2007)
Maka is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-07-2018, 10:07 PM   #876
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maka View Post
I totally respect & agree with what PG2 has just said, you have no idea imo but of course people like you dont think anyone else is entitled to a opinion, now do me a favour & ...

cheers, Maka.
Hello I too totally agree with what PG2 has said also,
Now this if for folk with depression or anxiety and suffer and/or did and still do to a degree,you don't and according to your statement above never have?
Well I hope you never do or have to, I've had 40 years of it, now how long have you been depressed?..

Its members like you who cause members like PG2 to intervene,this thread has no personal interest to you,so why post??....why post if you have no experience with depression?
And funnily enough I was quoting my medical practitioners when I posted here,its not something I made up!

And where do you get this strange idea from that "people like me don't think others are entitled to an opinion?"

There are 30 pages of other peoples opinions in this thread, and I have 5 posts in 30 pages?...so explain your comment please.

Billy.

Last edited by GasoLane; 15-07-2018 at 10:22 PM.
Old 15-07-2018, 10:25 PM   #877
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowsnake
Last edited by slowsnake; Today at 10:14 PM. Reason: why has my answer not separate to the quoted post?
Probably because when you quoted it you cut off the last part of the post, which is now fixed.
Old 16-07-2018, 11:54 AM   #878
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

This thread has been going well for over three years, if anyone has any personal comments about other members please take it to PM.

Last edited by GasoLane; 16-07-2018 at 12:27 PM. Reason: Typos
GasoLane is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 18-07-2018, 06:33 AM   #879
LTDHO
The one and only

Why do people claim to help, they try their hardest to tell you they are helping, but they in fact are not?
More often than not, they are making it worse!

Is it as simple as that they do not understand?
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
LTDHO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-07-2018, 08:31 AM   #880
buggerlugs
If it ain't broke........
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggerlugs View Post
Meds haven't worked for my missus in 20 years. She is off them now and trying something different. Interesting times ahead.............
Update. She is going really well off the meds. She is on "Happy Hormones" which are natural. They help some and some they don't. It just seemed so easy for Doctors and Psychs to keep changing meds and be basically a test guinea pig.............
Old 18-07-2018, 10:39 AM   #881
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggerlugs View Post
Update. She is going really well off the meds. She is on "Happy Hormones" which are natural. They help some and some they don't. It just seemed so easy for Doctors and Psychs to keep changing meds and be basically a test guinea pig.............
Hello,
I feel sorry for you, 20 years of not knowing if every word you utter is right or wrong, I stepped on eggshells around my missus for 13 years, best thing I did was confront her head doctor, she's telling me one thing and I believed her.
I believed her because I wanted to, and I was not right myself,I was thinking for two people, not me but I had to think for both of us.

I was forever worried about her welfare and my son, not myself,big mistake that,when we split in 1993 she took a court order on me, this was so she had 2 weeks to move away, she did not turn up in court and I went back home, the house was empty,

What was left was my work toolbox, in the garage,all my clothes cut to ribbons in the backyard,in a now dead fire, and in a cupboard I found 13 years of unopened medicine bottles,all 156 of them, it was Lithium Carbonate, a very heavy duty anti psychotic, nothing to do with depression.

It had her head doctors name and phone number, I told him who I was when I phoned him, he said when I asked about his prognosis of her that I was the problem,I told him to go back to India and drown himself in the Ganges!
I told him his diagnosis of depression was wrong,his answer was he never treated her for depression?.. apparently she was a stage 4 manic depressive, I got that from her father, now I asked this dog of a thing many times if Susan had mental issues before I met her, he lied and said no?

I met her and she was 22 and I was 25, she and her twin had been on psychotic meds since aged 13, another set of older twin girls were the same, but they took their meds, I met both of them and their families and they were fine, because they took their meds.

It did my head in for a long long time,I had 13 yrs of believing I was the problem,and her ******** family let it happen, if I knew I could of at least made sure she took her medication, but no,nothing was said to me, zero, zilch.

My son is 38 yrs old in September, I haven't seen or heard from either since 1993!

Do not talk to me about depression, not unless you have really lived through ****, crap and all the unimaginable garbage and lies that accompany it.

On Sunday I read all the posts from start of thread until the end, maybe 840+ posts, nothing has changed in 3 years, same folk with the same issues?...has anybody here got better besides me!..hasn't anyone worked it out for yourselves that its a state of mind?..its an anomaly in your thought processes, and its fixable, it really is a fixable thing.

Regards Billy.
Old 18-07-2018, 10:45 AM   #882
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTDHO View Post
Why do people claim to help, they try their hardest to tell you they are helping, but they in fact are not?
More often than not, they are making it worse!

Is it as simple as that they do not understand?
Hello,
Never has a truer statement been said!
You hit the nail right square on the head!

Cheers Billy.
Old 18-07-2018, 06:14 PM   #883
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Quote:
On Sunday I read all the posts from start of thread until the end, maybe 840+ posts, nothing has changed in 3 years, same folk with the same issues?...has anybody here got better besides me!..hasn't anyone worked it out for yourselves that its a state of mind?..its an anomaly in your thought processes, and its fixable, it really is a fixable thing.

Regards Billy.
Yep, 2 years ago all i wanted to do was fall off the face of the earth but the last thing i wanted to do was leave those who i cherished the most with the pieces to pick up so i took myself to the Doctor instead.
2 months ago i removed myself from the drugs and have never felt better, sure there are days when i feel a little hopelessness but i now realise that the drugs didnt change a lifetime of negative thoughts, they just allowed me to process things with a clarity i'd never experienced before and catagorize into what was important and what was an overreaction.

Having said that, i wouldn't dare suggest that everyone is like me, has/had my issues or that what worked for me will work for them and so i share my experiences, listen a lot and say a little and never judge anyone.
4 users like this post:
Old 18-07-2018, 06:43 PM   #884
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

On a brighter note, has anyone tried one of those detox programmes?

I've just finished 15 days on the Caruso's quick detox kit.
I was a bit sceptical at first but i thought i'd give it a crack and see how i went.

Well, i'll set the scene, unfortunately i had let myself go over the past 2 years and combined with the meds i was on had blown out at one stage to 136.2kg.
I'd joined Weight Watchers in May last year and shed 17.7kg in 5 months and then fell off the wagon so by May this year i'd reached 130kg again.

I applied for a job in early June which required that i be below a maximum of 120kg due to the nature of the job.
I passed the medical with flying colours but unfortunately i tipped the scales at 130kg so the employer told me he'd hold my application open for 6 months for me to shed some weight, i must have made a good impression..lol

Anywho, i looked into that new fandangled Phat diet that everyone is raving about and after a bit of research i realised that it was simply an overpriced detox followed by 6 weeks of starving yourself on 500 calories a day.
So i looked around and stumbled across the Caruso's kit.
I bought a 7 day kit to start with which only set me back $50 as compared to the $290 for the above mentioned diet and away i went.
7 days later i had shed 4.05kg and felt amazing, i had so much energy and felt an inner wellness that i'd never experienced before and the crap that came out of me, well apart from what spills from my keyboard, is best left undescribed..lol
So i went for another 7 day kit and my Wife jumped onboard too.
The second week i lost 2.35kg and the Wife lost 2kg and we both feel so healthy, im now down to 121.1kg.

You can get kits for up to 30 days and they recommend a 6 week break between detox's but if you're feeling flat and havent considered your inner health before as a possible reason, talk to your Doctor and perhaps give one a crack.
4 users like this post:
Old 18-07-2018, 06:57 PM   #885
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BENT_8 View Post
Yep, 2 years ago all i wanted to do was fall off the face of the earth but the last thing i wanted to do was leave those who i cherished the most with the pieces to pick up so i took myself to the Doctor instead.
2 months ago i removed myself from the drugs and have never felt better, sure there are days when i feel a little hopelessness but i now realise that the drugs didnt change a lifetime of negative thoughts, they just allowed me to process things with a clarity i'd never experienced before and catagorize into what was important and what was an overreaction.

Having said that, i wouldn't dare suggest that everyone is like me, has/had my issues or that what worked for me will work for them and so i share my experiences, listen a lot and say a little and never judge anyone.
Hello,
Everyone is like you, or me or the dude who you don't know who lives a mile away!
We all need a roof/shelter, and we need food/water, and we need a job/work to provide for ourselves or/and our families.
It takes only one negative comment to set some people on a downhill slide,with me it was a smart mouth missus, a button pusher, a person who thought the answer to her problems was an ounce of pot a week,with her twin sister and a bottle of scotch every second day,it worked up to a point,when they/she hit that point it was like a different person was sitting in the room,this big smart mouth thing who had lost all her inhibitions and was the life of the party!

The party was in her head,there was no party,it was as mad as a two bob watch,a foul mouthed vile thing who when morning come around was quiet as a field mouse.
But she will be the same now as then,I changed once I realised I was feeding this thing,this parasite on society, it was a hard move to realise that I allowed this "thing" to dictate my every thought to accommodate her illness.

But,I got over it and got on with my life, but my issues since are/were caused by injury and illness,if you fight an insurance company then you are on a long ride down,its worse than depression, its something else and I don't have a name for it.
And doctors not doing their jobs,I am talking neurosurgeon types not GP's,you get a bad one and you are gone, back down in that deep dark hole,so far down you don't know which way is up, its when you realise that none of it matters that you get better, an overworked head/psyche is like putting a lawnmower engine in Kenworth truck expecting it to pull the tractor and a load,it can't,things breakdown, that's life, if you overload your mind with useless and pointless things then it stops working,you have to get the garbage out of your head and then take steps to fix it.
But you must realise the problem is there first,not blame others or your situation, worst thing you can do is stew things over.

Cheers Billy.
Old 18-07-2018, 09:28 PM   #886
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Quote:
But,I got over it and got on with my life, but my issues since are/were caused by injury and illness,if you fight an insurance company then you are on a long ride down,its worse than depression, its something else and I don't have a name for it.
And doctors not doing their jobs,I am talking neurosurgeon types not GP's,you get a bad one and you are gone, back down in that deep dark hole,so far down you don't know which way is up, its when you realise that none of it matters that you get better, an overworked head/psyche is like putting a lawnmower engine in Kenworth truck expecting it to pull the tractor and a load,it can't,things breakdown, that's life, if you overload your mind with useless and pointless things then it stops working,you have to get the garbage out of your head and then take steps to fix it.
But you must realise the problem is there first,not blame others or your situation, worst thing you can do is stew things over.

Cheers Billy.
I took on Workcover and won and almost died post surgery as a result of malpractice, i've had my fair share of set backs but dealing with a teenage Daughter suffering her own inner demons and losing my Father and the ensuing family ****fight at the same time pushed me to the brink.
Weve all got our problems and deal with them in our own way, some better than others depending on the circumstance, there is no single answer.
4 users like this post:
Old 19-07-2018, 07:20 AM   #887
sneaky
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
On a brighter note, has anyone tried one of those detox programmes?

I've just finished 15 days on the Caruso's quick detox kit.
I was a bit sceptical at first but i thought i'd give it a crack and see how i went.

Anywho, i looked into that new fandangled Phat diet that everyone is raving about and after a bit of research i realised that it was simply an overpriced detox followed by 6 weeks of starving yourself on 500 calories a day.
So i looked around and stumbled across the Caruso's kit.
I bought a 7 day kit to start with which only set me back $50 as compared to the $290 for the above mentioned diet and away i went.
7 days later i had shed 4.05kg and felt amazing, i had so much energy and felt an inner wellness that i'd never experienced before and the crap that came out of me, well apart from what spills from my keyboard, is best left undescribed..lol
So i went for another 7 day kit and my Wife jumped onboard too.
The second week i lost 2.35kg and the Wife lost 2kg and we both feel so healthy, im now down to 121.1kg.
Bent 8 - I just had a quick look at Caruso's site - looks like the detox is tablet based, is this the case? I have thought about doing one of these things for a few years but can't stomach drinking horrible dirt flavoured potions

If this is as simple as having some tablets I could give it a whirl
Old 19-07-2018, 08:25 AM   #888
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:
I took on Workcover and won and almost died post surgery as a result of malpractice, i've had my fair share of set backs but dealing with a teenage Daughter suffering her own inner demons and losing my Father and the ensuing family ****fight at the same time pushed me to the brink.
Weve all got our problems and deal with them in our own way, some better than others depending on the circumstance, there is no single answer.
Hello,
I will have one last say in this thread,I have no more to add, but this--”misery loves company"....so be careful who you discuss your health problems with, I mean in real life not in a forum, an anonymous place and an anonymous face is fine.

Regards Billy.
Old 19-07-2018, 08:56 AM   #889
PG2
#neuteredlyfe
Donating Member2

Quote:
Hello,
I will have one last say in this thread,I have no more to add, but this--”misery loves company"....so be careful who you discuss your health problems with, I mean in real life not in a forum, an anonymous place and an anonymous face is fine.

Regards Billy.
I'm going to hold you to that...
PG2 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 19-07-2018, 09:23 AM   #890
mick taylor
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Hello,
Everyone is like you, or me or the dude who you don't know who lives a mile away!
We all need a roof/shelter, and we need food/water, and we need a job/work to provide for ourselves or/and our families.
It takes only one negative comment to set some people on a downhill slide,with me it was a smart mouth missus, a button pusher, a person who thought the answer to her problems was an ounce of pot a week,with her twin sister and a bottle of scotch every second day,it worked up to a point,when they/she hit that point it was like a different person was sitting in the room,this big smart mouth thing who had lost all her inhibitions and was the life of the party!

The party was in her head,there was no party,it was as mad as a two bob watch,a foul mouthed vile thing who when morning come around was quiet as a field mouse.
But she will be the same now as then,I changed once I realised I was feeding this thing,this parasite on society, it was a hard move to realise that I allowed this "thing" to dictate my every thought to accommodate her illness.

Cheers Billy.
A mate of mine had a wife like you are on about, but he really loved her, then came the divorce and she got married to another and then another and then came back to want to get back with him and he said no !

Many a bloke gets pussy whipped and that mates next door neighbour back in the 80's had a wife just the same and I seen what became of him, he become a shadow of a man and his brat son was a Nazi type of moron that thought he was some sort of cop trying to get my mate into trouble.

That mate of mine went on the mental pension and looks as big as Clive Palmer was now and he was once a boxer fit as a fiddle.
mick taylor is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-07-2018, 04:39 PM   #891
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneaky View Post
Bent 8 - I just had a quick look at Caruso's site - looks like the detox is tablet based, is this the case? I have thought about doing one of these things for a few years but can't stomach drinking horrible dirt flavoured potions

If this is as simple as having some tablets I could give it a whirl
Yes, tablet based but unfortunately you still need to alter your food intake and add things which you might not necessarily consider or like, having said that, anything which tastes good is generally bad for you they say..lol

To sum it up briefly you are required to drink 150ml of warm water with a squeeze of lemon juice upon rising.

20 minutes later have 200ml of fully organic fruit or vegetable juice, i chose Nudie apple juice and take your Stomach Clear tablet.

Next is a medium serve of oats or in my case, muesli and the worst part, 2 tbsp of Fibre Cleanse which is tolerable if combined with the muesli and a banana in a smoothie with Almond or Soy/Rice milk.
I paid $11.50 for a 450g bag of the Fibre Cleanse from a health food shop but found the same stuff in woolworths health food section for $5.50
Follow that with a Bowel Clear tablet.

For a mid morning snack it is 2 pieces of fruit, i chose an apple and a kiwi fruit, plus a cup of green or herbal tea using non dairy milk if necessary.

For lunch its a sandwich or two of mixed salads on grain bread, i was having 1 sanga with lettuce, tomato, red onion, pickles, pickled onion and grated carrot, the pickles made it sweet and are a good substitute for condiments.
An alternative that i found as my work has me on the road was to grab a tuna sub from Subway, yes it has mayo in it but its the only seafood thing i'll eat and met most of the requirments so it had to do.

Mid afternoon was a pear and a kiwifruit and another cup of tea as above.

Prior to dinner you take another Stomach Clear tablet, i was then having a large bowl of homemade pumpkin soup and 2 slices of grain bread toasted and spread with margarine.
You are allowed grilled or baked fish every second night but i hate seafood so i stuck with the soup apart from 1 night where i made the chilli bean hotpot thats in the booklet the kit comes with.
Its delicious but you can only consume so much red kidney beans..lol
Follow this with a Bowel Clear and a Liver Detox tablet.

I basically stuck to that for 2 weeks and had no issues what so ever, some people experience constipation on the first 2 days so a glass of prune juice is recommended, i tried it and it worked wonders.

And thats it, the kit comes with a booklet full of things you can and cant eat, recipes to turn them into meals and a heap of things to expect and answers to questions that might arise.
I lost 6.4kg in 14 days and feel better than ever.

I hope this helps, good luck.

Last edited by BENT_8; 19-07-2018 at 04:45 PM.
3 users like this post:
Old 19-07-2018, 07:20 PM   #892
Pepscobra
Call me dirt... Joe Dirt

Guys, how do you know if you're suffering depression or just exhaustion?
I've got four young kids and a pretty full on job, but I thought I was doing ok.
But lately I've just been avoiding issues, don't seem to be able to engage/hold conversations and feel overwhelmed alot of the time. Bills have been going unpaid and I can't seem to just focus on anything.
Have been very hesitant to post in this thread, but feel I need help understanding how I'm feeling.
2007 BFII FPV Cobra Ute|Boss 302|6M|#23/100
Mods so far:
Billet Products Shifter|X-Force Exhaust|Herrod Oil Breathers|Whiteline Sway Bar|Tein SuperStreets|Kings FOR-303SL Rear Springs|Melling Oil Pump|Mace Manifold Spacers|Powerbond Underdrives|Pacemaker Headers|Ballistic Cats|XFT Custom Tune @ 308.3rwkw|DBA T3 Rotors|Ferodo Pads|Goodridge Braided Lines
Mods to come:
4.11 Diff Gears|Chromoly Tailshaft
I use & recommend:
Castrol|Motorcraft|Mainlube|Penrite

Check Out My Build Thread
Pepscobra is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 19-07-2018, 09:00 PM   #893
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepscobra View Post
I've got four young kids and a pretty full on job, but I thought I was doing ok.
But lately I've just been avoiding issues, don't seem to be able to engage/hold conversations and feel overwhelmed alot of the time. Bills have been going unpaid and I can't seem to just focus on anything.
Have been very hesitant to post in this thread, but feel I need help understanding how I'm feeling.
Unfortunately there is no simple answer, which is why it goes undiagnosed for many people.
The best advice is to talk to your doctor and explain how you've been feeling and let them take it from there.
Were here to lend an ear and support where we can but none of us are professionals and able to give the answers that you seek on that level.
Old 20-07-2018, 08:20 PM   #894
danzvtil
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Unfortunately there is no simple answer, which is why it goes undiagnosed for many people.
The best advice is to talk to your doctor and explain how you've been feeling and let them take it from there.
Were here to lend an ear and support where we can but none of us are professionals and able to give the answers that you seek on that level.
Top advice there bent. Pepscobra, I guess you could tell the diff between depression/exhaustion by resting. If you were suddenly getting 8 uninterrupted hours a night, after a week you might start feeling better, then it’s exhaustion. But to confuse matters good sleep might help improve depression symptoms too.
Definitely see a GP, that is the most important step.

2019 LDV G10
2009 Mitsubishi Express-GONE
2011 Honda Jazz
Old 20-07-2018, 09:03 PM   #895
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by PG2 View Post
I'm going to hold you to that...
SPOILSPORT!..lol

Cheers Billy.
Old 23-07-2018, 07:40 PM   #896
Rallye Sport
RS The Faster Fords

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepscobra View Post
If you ever feel like you need a breather pm me and we'll take one of the cars for a cruise up the coast.
I'm happy to listen or we could just watch the world go by.
Either way good luck and keep talking about it...
FG XR50 Daily.
Rallye Sport is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
6 users like this post:
Old 23-07-2018, 08:26 PM   #897
au350hp
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

If you ask your GP to start you off on a mental health plan, it entitles 10 visits to a Psychologist to be bulk billed. A GP is not a mental health expert and knows little to nothing about the mind and yet they are allowed to prescribe anti depressant medications without getting to know the patient. I would strongly advise people talk to the right person first before commencing a course of drugs. It is the therapy undertaken during the course of medication that addresses the issues, not the medication which is important to understand. Quite often, some clarity and a different perspective from a neutral corner will reveal much more than expected and have surprising results.
au350hp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
7 users like this post:
Old 24-07-2018, 11:30 AM   #898
5wheelguy

Watch good movies, classics, comedies.
Then again there are many factors as to why a person gets depression. 'They' say we all go through 7 emotions a day. Once you identify them, you can handle them better.
Old 24-07-2018, 04:02 PM   #899
au350hp
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

5 wheel guy makes an excellent point. We all know that bad news sells & the TV 7 Radio is no different. Many people listen to the radio for company (myself included) and what is listened to is very important. As an example, somebody who listens to a AM radio talk back show during the day, reads the newspaper at lunch then watches the TV news when they get home has bombarded themselves with the worst of humanity pretty much all day long. Is it a surprise when you start to feel a little jaded or start to think how 'bad' everything in the world is? I had to make quite a few adjustments to my life and change the way I viewed certain things in order to move on & stop spinning my wheels. At the end of the day, it was me who had to change, not anybody else. Something I read which stayed with me.
Drama. You either create it, invite it or associate with it.
au350hp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 24-07-2018, 04:21 PM   #900
whitelion65
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Pepscobra,
RC is on the money.
I went onto a mental health plan (a VERY hard thing for me to face up to, but something had to be done!) I think I did 9 out of 10 sessions.
Whilst this didn't cure me, it did help.
Anyway, a few years later, I'm still above ground (something that wasn't a sure thing a few years ago) but was chasing some health problems. To cut a long story short, I have been diagnosed with hemochromatosis, or iron overload disorder (heritable condition).
Amongst the symptoms are tiredness/lethargy, and a predisposition to depression. I'm not sure which comes first, the chicken or the egg, but it' sure hard to deal with your emotions when you're overtired.
With this condition, I've had to cut back my drinking, which has also, I believe, had a positive effect on my health.
Hang in there, see the Doc, maybe get on a mental health plan, if necessary, but make sure you don't isolate yourself. That becomes a vicious cycle.
Get out with mates, enjoy a few (I said a few ;-) ) beers, enjoy time with the family.

But hang in there!!
Moondust silver
2016 Focus Trend, 1.5ecoboost, 6sp manual.
Frozen white

Previous
2004 Berlina Wagon (LS1) Vespers Blue
1995 Camry 2.2, white
1971 Ford Fairmont wagon 302w, C4 Polar white
1971 TC Cortina, 2L 4sp, Ermine white
whitelion65 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post: