Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 16-07-2009, 08:37 PM   #1
HSVKILLA
moonlight rider

Default What is your biggest driving hate

Well a couple for me are when you are following some body and they slow right down(no indicator) and then go really wide to turn into a drive way like they are driving an 18 wheeler or something ,and then i think the king of them all is having someone following about a metre off your rear bumper oooohhhh how that really pi*%$s me off,even when i give my brakes a couple of touches they may back off a bit or imagine themselves as being your personal trailer.

HSVKILLA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-07-2009, 08:41 PM   #2
shamuss01
XP MADNESS

Tail gating!!!!!!!!!!!!! :jab: Why do people think this a good bl***y idea, I HATE IT>>>>>> out:
shamuss01 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-07-2009, 08:45 PM   #3
cooltint
FG F6310 Pilot

Failure to use indicators properly on a roundabout. I'm mean seriously it's not all that difficult a concept to grasp is it?

Big AL
*** New ride *** 2009 Nitro FG F6310 what a rocket!!! PB Willowbank 12.70 @ 111.44 mph & 2.02 60ft with nothing but a K&N filter *** Previous ride *** 2005 Rapid BF F6 Typhoon, 6 Speed SSS, 19" FPV Alloys, K&N Filter, Tailored Sheepskins, Teflon Paint Protection and of course Premium Window Tint. 255.33rwkw/342.4rwhp (stock) RDP Dyno Day 10th Mar '07 PB:400m in 13.052 sec @ 108.20mph Willowbank 12th Aug '06 18deg ambient.
cooltint is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-07-2009, 08:46 PM   #4
Marduk
BFII XR6

Lol yeah tailgating especially after fresh rain like tonight. I had someone so close I couldn't see there bonnet any more >.<. I tapped my brakes a few times and they backed off. (Not brake checking but enough to illuminate the brake lights and to hopefully give them the hint that I don't appreciate them being so close.)
Old 16-07-2009, 08:47 PM   #5
platinumXR
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter.

[IMG][/IMG]

Toys:
2017.5 LZ Focus RS, Magnetic Grey my new pocket rocket
2008 BF2 RTV Ute
1993 EB2 S-XR8 Sedan, Platinum, manual (now sold)
1975 XB Fairmont GS Sedan, Tropic Gold...or Starlight Blue...not sure yet...(for sale now...PM me...)
platinumXR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-07-2009, 08:54 PM   #6
XR8GRL
Powered by Tickford

Slow drivers who sit in the right lane.
XR8GRL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-07-2009, 09:02 PM   #7
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

Fools who enter freeway on ramps 20 kph slower than the traffic they are trying to merge with.

A dopey P plate women nearly had me crushed doing it today, my local on ramp has roadworks and a concrete wall takes the emergency lane space, she was doing 80 with a truck bearing down on us, she put the boot in at the last second but too late for me. Needs some :jab:
Falcon Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-07-2009, 09:04 PM   #8
philstoj
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamuss01
Tail gating!!!!!!!!!!!!! :jab: Why do people think this a good bl***y idea, I HATE IT>>>>>> out:
Then dont hog the freaking right lane!!!

Drivers who dont use indicators, they think every other driver is a mind reader, right lane hoggers and the mutha freakers who think they are doing society a favour by holding up traffic by driving slower than the speed limit at anytime regardless of conditions and point their finger at you when you pass them going the speed limit, drivers who cannot for the life of them merge into oncoming traffic, drivers who put the shifter in D for daydream and day dream! drivers who drive around with a big **** sat nav stuck in the middle of their windscreen that drive according to the instructions given by it, so when it says turn left in 500 metres, they cut 3 lanes of traffic to turn left at 10 metres because they were too busy driving around in D for daydream :
philstoj is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-07-2009, 09:06 PM   #9
smacxr8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR8GRL
Slow drivers who sit in the right lane.
Mine to. Ill go a bit further though, when you get someone pull out into the right lane to overtake only to find themselves in a dilemma when they get along side the slower vehicle and realize that they are now sitting on the speed limit, they don't want to slow down and pull back in behind and they dont want to go 2 km/h faster to overtake so they just stay there until the car beside them slows down enough that they can move left.
Oh and rubberneckers, god i hate rubberneckers. Oh my god look a car on the side of the road with its bonnet up we had better slow down and take a look!
That's enough bitching for now.
smacxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-07-2009, 09:08 PM   #10
KPOJ
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

People not doing 100km in the right lane on the freeway
KPOJ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-07-2009, 09:11 PM   #11
KPOJ
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by smacxr8
Mine to. Ill go a bit further though, when you get someone pull out into the right lane to overtake only to find themselves in a dilemma when they get along side the slower vehicle and realize that they are now sitting on the speed limit, they don't want to slow down and pull back in behind and they dont want to go 2 km/h faster to overtake so they just stay there until the car beside them slows down enough that they can move left.
Oh and rubberneckers, god i hate rubberneckers. Oh my god look a car on the side of the road with its bonnet up we had better slow down and take a look!
That's enough bitching for now.
What he said, also people pulling out in front of you and sit 10km under the speed limit.
KPOJ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-07-2009, 09:14 PM   #12
XR8GRL
Powered by Tickford

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPOJ
People not doing 100km in the right lane on the freeway
Another hate of mine.

I do not understand since Eastlink has been built, all drivers on the Frankston freeway can barely seem to reach the speed of 80km.
XR8GRL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-07-2009, 09:27 PM   #13
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

Quote:
Another hate of mine.

I do not understand since Eastlink has been built, all drivers on the Frankston freeway can barely seem to reach the speed of 80km.
Funny you say that .... yesterday nearly rear ended a 7 series BM doing 70 in the middle lane on Eastlink. Was on dusk and was surprised how I didn't notice earlier .... missed by 'that much'. The mayhem was frightening. Many travel between 85-95 and it is so dangerous and fustrating on such a good road. Doing 100 you feel you are doing the wrong thing. BUT sit on the Monash ..... its the opposite ...... avoid the road like the plague.

| [/url] |

101,436 MEMBERS ......... 101,436 OPINIONS ..... What could possibly go wrong!

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Auslandau is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-07-2009, 09:36 PM   #14
Rude

People who can't merge with traffic.
Rude is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-07-2009, 09:40 PM   #15
Lukeyson
Right out sideways

You catch up to someone on the hwy doing 85kph, you go to round them up in the overtaking lane up to 100-105 and next thing they are right next to you.
Old 16-07-2009, 10:10 PM   #16
Mr Hardware
Flairs - Truckers Delight

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: The excellent how to on LPG jet cleaning. 

Traffic Full Stop!
Old 16-07-2009, 10:21 PM   #17
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Another hate of mine.

I got overtaken tonight on eastlink by a WRX and HSV GTO doing nearly 150kph weaving in and out of traffic.. both went past fixed camera spots at the time.... STUPID, i hope they got nabbed.

Old 16-07-2009, 10:26 PM   #18
prydey
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSVKILLA
18 wheeler
?? we're in australia bud.

i must be the only guy on here who doesn't get upset by whats happening behind me. if someone wants to sit right up my tail good luck to them. i don't sit in right hand lane either. funnily enough when i see p platers driving in the right lane (80km/h zone or higher) it really annoys me as these people should have the road rules nice and fresh in their head.
prydey is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-07-2009, 10:26 PM   #19
SM1DY
LIKE A BOSS 351

The person who sits in the turning lane with there indicator on waiting for the traffic to clear and holding up other cars, instead of speeding up and joining at speed!

Here's a crappy MS Paint drawing to illustrate my point!
SM1DY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-07-2009, 10:26 PM   #20
GT290
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I have to say I am annoyed by the drivers who I may over take that travel at 80 in a 100. I do the speed limit but to over take I do it as quickly as I can safely, anyway the hate part to this is when you continue on your way and they catch you up. This usually when I am going through 60 or 80 zones doing the limit. So they don't do 100 in the 100, but they do 80 in the 60, and f*$#ing tail gate me. I mean come on some drivers in this country are very average and need a good kicking.
Old 16-07-2009, 10:29 PM   #21
GT290
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

While I am at it, what about the traffic in general using roundabouts. Set up a machine gun in the middle of it and sort them out.
Old 16-07-2009, 10:30 PM   #22
Martys-Bionic-XR

when idiots notice a cop car/camera van/fixed camera, they slow to 20kph under the limit IN CASE they get booked... i mean ffs there is a speed limit for a reason.
Martys-Bionic-XR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-07-2009, 10:31 PM   #23
Fireblade
Wizard Member

Tailgaters :jab: especially those in 4wd's with big *** bullbars that think its funny to seat a metre off my rear end, dont think their insurance company would be impressed with the repair bill for my phoon if they hit it.
Old 16-07-2009, 10:35 PM   #24
GT290
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by cm27456
when idiots notice a cop car/camera van/fixed camera, they slow to 20kph under the limit IN CASE they get booked... i mean ffs there is a speed limit for a reason.
He he them too!
Old 16-07-2009, 10:50 PM   #25
Daniel
F6 - with sugar on top

The people (YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE or THEY ARE) that attempt to merge at a freeway on ramp at 50% of the flowing traffics speed!

It can only go bad or worse!
Daniel is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-07-2009, 10:51 PM   #26
cant
CANT !!!!!!!!

Gunna love some of the stuff on this thread. :voldar02:

People who dont want to turn their park lights on, like when its raining/dark :

People in late model cars who dont realise they have CRUISE CONTROL and CANT maintain a speed :

People who when you finally hit the OVERTAKING LANE decide to speed up :

People who are so selfish (and paranoid) that they CANT/WONT give up one car length to let you in (like its gunna make EM 2hrs late !)

MOSTLY, People who block intersections KEEP CLEAR means dont block!!!! and when im comming the other way and want to make a RHT into a side st the MORON who sits accross the side st blocking it from me :

: O look :lookedat: an intellegent driver

And what everyone else has said!

RantOFF

Better to be late, than
VERY LATE !!!! :

YEAH HA !!!!!!!!
cant is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-07-2009, 10:52 PM   #27
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel
The people (YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE or THEY ARE) that attempt to merge at a freeway on ramp at 50% of the flowing traffics speed!

It can only go bad or worse!
Nearly as bad as the tools who speed up to try to block you out from merging...

Old 16-07-2009, 10:56 PM   #28
Ducati888
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Boneheads who sit on 90 in the 80 zones leading up to the tunnels on the Westgate/Monash and also the ones on Eastlink, then slow down to 65/70 & stay in the right lane whilst in the tunnels, then up to 85 again as soon as they come out when it's still and 80 zone.

Why is 80 too fast in an 80 zone in the tunnel, yet not fast enough outside of the tunnel? There's cameras outside of the tunnels too.

Another one is use of parking lights until its very dark, or no lights at all. Why not use headlights? Why do people try to 'beat the dark home'? Parking lights are useless. Use your damn headlights at dusk and in the rain. Just because you can see OK doesn't mean that you can be seen.
Ducati888 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-07-2009, 11:00 PM   #29
Spanrz
Hmmmmmmm!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon Coupe
Fools who enter freeway on ramps 20 kph slower than the traffic they are trying to merge with.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rude
People who can't merge with traffic.
+1000 Million
People who can't seem to manage their speed to match others, when entering/exiting Freeways, shouldn't be on the road.
If you don't have the confidence to speed up or slow down to match the speed, do a driver training course to get your confidence back.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cm27456
+10000 Million
Ok, 100kph's on a down hill run, on a freeway, coming to a near dead stop isn't fun.

Just because some stupid idjit decides "Ohhhh I'm at 80, I don't trust these buggers, they might get me at 70, so I'll beat em and do 20"

Monash / South Gippsland Freeway, notorius for it on the rail bridge heading Southbound, right opposite the old GMH buildings/wharehouse.
Some git, would be parked there taking speeding motorists doing over 100kph, the line of traffic "sometimes", absolute no joke, 10k's back.
Next time, the car's there, I'll be taking a photo of the car and the traffic, sending a little letter to the state dept and saying that because 1 car parked on a freeway, causes 10k's of traffic and actually creates a traffic hazard, which in turn, is creating more risk for an accident, than it's trying to prevent...

Not only that, isn't it illegal for a camera to be taking happy snaps down hill, unless it's in a high risk zone for major collisions?
I'm talking about major collisions that aren't caused by a camera car. (normal accidents)
Spanrz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-07-2009, 11:10 PM   #30
hubcap
Starter Motor

idiots with huge trailers and and stuff hanging over!
hubcap is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post