Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 17-05-2013, 12:43 AM   #391
Ozzyiceman
Formula F6 - Hmmmm!

Default Re: HSV GTS LSA lettuce tomato & special sauce on a sesame seed bun

I mostly like it, as I 'mostly' like our own FPV's! Choice is a wonderful thing, particularly if it is built locally!!!
'02 Explorer - V6 - Mineral Grey
One Day! '69 RoadRunner or '71 Plymouth Cuda or '66 Pontiac GTO
Too much horsepower is just about enough." - Carroll Shelby
This user likes this post:
Old 17-05-2013, 05:37 AM   #392
strik9
aka fpv747

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windsor220 View Post
The equipment list and drivetrain looks impressive for the GTS. The looks are nothing special. The front end actually looks completely mismatched in that pic with Murph. Will be interesting to see what Ford do next year.
if I've learned anything, hsv drivelines have always been a weak point and don't stand the test of time.
but crap check those rear brakes callipers out. i had the gts that came out with the yellow brakes and they were a big set of stoppers then. now they have taken it to a whole new level
Old 17-05-2013, 05:45 AM   #393
EVLKNEVL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Ranger View Post
there is a lot of guys with inferiority complexes on here bagging the hell out of a car
So you're passing judgement and making assumptions about forum members you have never met or spoken to, because they have passed judgement and made assumptions about a car they have never seen or driven?
Old 17-05-2013, 06:21 AM   #394
tex
Broken

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: With the exception of maybe HSE2, nobody writes a review like Texy. 

Can't wait to see some independent testing done on the brake performance, will be interesting to see if 6 piston rear hardware translates into shorter initial stopping distance as well as the obvious ability to resist fade off after repeated high speed punishment. The yellow caliper treatment is embarrassingly gay on awesome hardware I have to say.

I'd imagine standstills will be more challenging now days lol, daddy's little boy will have to try real hard next time he steals the keys hahaha.

11.4 @ 128, 1.88 60ft.
Old 17-05-2013, 07:25 AM   #395
Brazen
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Do yo think there could be some positive flow on effect for FPV? Prospective buyers get keen on a Supercharged V8 HSV, baulk at the 100 grand asking price so then vist their local friendly FPV dealer?
Old 17-05-2013, 07:32 AM   #396
Stefan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Whats with the dumb thread name?
6 users like this post:
Old 17-05-2013, 08:05 AM   #397
strik9
aka fpv747

Quote:
Originally Posted by tex View Post
Can't wait to see some independent testing done on the brake performance, will be interesting to see if 6 piston rear hardware translates into shorter initial stopping distance as well as the obvious ability to resist fade off after repeated high speed punishment. The yellow caliper treatment is embarrassingly gay on awesome hardware I have to say.

I'd imagine standstills will be more challenging now days lol, daddy's little boy will have to try real hard next time he steals the keys hahaha.
this is true. but they look bloody good
Old 17-05-2013, 08:11 AM   #398
GQ_Smooth
Long live the inline 6

I knew the GTS reminded me of something from my childhood.

Or am I on my own?

Hers
BFII Ghia

Last edited by GQ_Smooth; 30-05-2013 at 01:12 PM.
2 users like this post:
Old 17-05-2013, 08:14 AM   #399
strik9
aka fpv747

no the force is with you.
Old 17-05-2013, 08:24 AM   #400
strik9
aka fpv747

the car ford should build is the gtho they had on the cover of wheels mag. the orange one with the intercooler showing through the front grill. if any clever guy can dig that up and paste that next to the gts.( if i could i would) then it would be a fair comparison . prob price wise also.
and ford would shine through
Old 17-05-2013, 08:26 AM   #401
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrenaline View Post
I don't know why the rear isn't being well received by some, I think it's the best part of the car, it's remarkable how the squared-off boxy VE rear has transformed into something much more flowing and modern looking.
Agreed.
Looks even better in those video stills.
- Twin 2.5" Stainless Exhaust
- Antz Turboside Intake
- CCForged Phatlux wheels
Old 17-05-2013, 08:43 AM   #402
PHawk
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

We all knew this day would come and good on HSV for building a cracking car in this day and age of greenies hiding behind every bush, I just hope Ford will come to the party and in the dying stages of Falcon and Commodore to take back the crown with a revised GT!
FG GT-P 315 6A
FG F6 310 6A
HSV Maloo LS3 6M
GT 335 6A
300 SRT8 Hemi 6.4
PX Ranger XLT
Commodore SS-V Redline LS3
2017 Triumph Speed Triple R
Triumph Street Triple RX
Old 17-05-2013, 08:44 AM   #403
Fireblade
Wizard Member

Just out of curiosity, does anyone know how many people put deposits down on the W427 and then the ratio of people who actually stumped up the coin in the end? What was HSV's crowning jewel, and still is IMO, and they only could sell a third of what they were predicting.
Old 17-05-2013, 09:08 AM   #404
tweeked
N/A all the way

Quote:
Originally Posted by tex View Post

The GTS stoppers are awesome. At hot tuner we had the GTE with 6 pot brembos and Ferodo pads, the GTS had standard pads. I think it was stopping at least 2 meters shorter. Identical tyres too Tex.

Old 17-05-2013, 09:11 AM   #405
Brazen
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Sounds like it has some anchors, I know if you buy the Walkinshaw 6 pot braking as a seperate package it is 17 grand, don't know how the GTS one compares.
Old 17-05-2013, 09:15 AM   #406
Elks
Donating Member
Donating Member3

They final build number was 137. And from memory they wanted to build 427.

I think the GTS has an advantage in that it an ongoing model. Limited editions have an issue in that the release of the car has to line up with the consumers ability to purchase. Which in this market is often tied to a lease expiry on an existing vehicle. So a person with a 2 year old can can plan to get into a GTS next year whereas if its a limited build you must be able to buy right now to get one.
Old 17-05-2013, 09:33 AM   #407
Rodge
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHawk View Post
We all knew this day would come and good on HSV for building a cracking car in this day and age of greenies hiding behind every bush, I just hope Ford will come to the party and in the dying stages of Falcon and Commodore to take back the crown with a revised GT!
Mate I am no longer holding my breath, I've been calling for much of the extensive kit in this HSV to be fitted to an FPV for years and I don't think they have the money, time or ability to match this overall package before time is up.
Yeap, anyone with a spare bit of money can easily tune their SC or F6 FPV to attain a 430 kilowatt count at the flywheel but as I've been saying for years there's more too it than just the engine...
Murph did a good job of running through the extensive kit that comes with the GTS, have you seen the video ?...can you really see FPV matching all that kit ? (Help me out here mate i'm starting to think about reaching for the chequebook to place a deposit). Fact of the matter as I see it, is the dark-side has never ever been anywhere near this appealing before.
Old 17-05-2013, 09:49 AM   #408
tex
Broken

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: With the exception of maybe HSE2, nobody writes a review like Texy. 

But Rodge, you've been a very strong advocate of your current car having 'enough' power that could ever be sensibly contained on the public road. Surely a GTS would be waaaay too much?

my own view, the GTS doesn't have enough power either, yet alone a little 5lt. LOL.

First stop for me and my new GTS would be a chassis dyno with pulley removal tool and software to flash the bastard hahahaha

This car, more so than anything manufactured in Australia up until now, has more chassis and inherent saftey features engineered into it to put down some prodogious power and torque output. I can't wait to see what the future owners screw out of these things.

11.4 @ 128, 1.88 60ft.
5 users like this post:
Old 17-05-2013, 09:57 AM   #409
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

Yes I can see FPV (Ford) matching it when the time is right. People say they don't have the money but FoA isn't a tin pot family business and as they are included in the massive company that is Ford (some seem to forget this), they have 12 months to add the trinkets to match or trump HSV

FPV were always different as they had to develop their own engines. HSV use crate engines so they can have the funds for other areas. FPV now have the engine no doubt. They can use the development funds to accommodate everyone's love of everything else.

Ford will not be sitting on their hands going "Oh where stuffed now". They will come out with a package to suit no doubt. Why wouldn't they? They want to sell and if the VF proves that there is life left in big sedans, Ford will be encouraged to do better

It is a good thing HSV have done this. It will up the anti. To say "HSV 1 - FPV 0" is wrong as FPV have had the points on the board already for some time now. HSV have now caught up and leap frogged FPV but at this stage with only 1 model. The rest of the range is want needs to be the comparison. When comparisons though, don't forget also, the FG is 5 years old now. This is the new model! Of course it should **** on FPV in what it offers ..... FPV have 12-18 months to do there thing

In looks though, I beleive they have gone backwards. The VE was way too boy racer, this is way too Safe and mainstream. Back doesn't match front etc. but looks are always subjective

101,436 MEMBERS ......... 101,436 OPINIONS ..... What could possibly go wrong!

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
4 users like this post:
Old 17-05-2013, 10:16 AM   #410
Alan D Segal
Call me 'Al'

Location: On a flattened-out cardboard box out the back behind the wheelie bins.
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Good contributor. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auslandau View Post
It is a good thing HSV have done this. It will up the anti. To say "HSV 1 - FPV 0" is wrong as FPV have had the points on the board already for some time now. HSV have now caught up and leap frogged FPV but at this stage with only 1 model. The rest of the range is want needs to be the comparison. When comparisons though, don't forget also, the FG is 5 years old now. This is the new model! Of course it should **** on FPV in what it offers ..... FPV have 12-18 months to do there thing
So you're saying it is better than the FPV. Russ has said that nobody has driven it? Have you?
Old 17-05-2013, 10:19 AM   #411
PHawk
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

5.8 out of the GT500
FG GT-P 315 6A
FG F6 310 6A
HSV Maloo LS3 6M
GT 335 6A
300 SRT8 Hemi 6.4
PX Ranger XLT
Commodore SS-V Redline LS3
2017 Triumph Speed Triple R
Triumph Street Triple RX
Old 17-05-2013, 10:24 AM   #412
FPV8U
BOSS 5.4L Enthusiast

The back of it in the Vid looks quite nice compared to photos, I hate the front of the Clubsport and GTS.

The Senator is quite nice all round.
Old 17-05-2013, 10:34 AM   #413
Rodge
Banned

Quote:
But Rodge, you've been a very strong advocate of your current car having 'enough' power that could ever be sensibly contained on the public road. Surely a GTS would be waaaay too much?
Going off the fact that the W427 seemed to lose a full 20% of its claimed fwkw by the time they got to the rear wheels I'm thinking the GTS will have around (430 x .8) = 344 rwkw's or somewhere around 30 rwkw's more than my car has now. If I go to the darkside its the technology, equipment and content I'd be after but I'm sure I'll cope with the extra power somehow There's no rule that says you have to use full throttle, or is there
Maybe I could ask the Mrs to up the red meat content of my dinners.
I'll probably wait and see what Ford's answer is, I've had so many of them now there's not much logic in changing without giving them a chance to respond.
Old 17-05-2013, 10:37 AM   #414
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan D Segal View Post
So you're saying it is better than the FPV. Russ has said that nobody has driven it? Have you?
No? Of course not. Never said i have? everyone else has an opinion without seeing it but based on the fact that HSV have built a S/C 430kw sedan with all the trinkets that most seem to be excited a out will keep Ford on their toes for the next release.

101,436 MEMBERS ......... 101,436 OPINIONS ..... What could possibly go wrong!

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
2 users like this post:
Old 17-05-2013, 10:38 AM   #415
fgpsi
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

When is the new falcon being revealed?
Old 17-05-2013, 10:41 AM   #416
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

How does Holden know whos put deposits on them?

Do they ring dealers and ask?

Sounds like ******** to me!

Bit like when Ford said the Cobra was sold out after 24 hours, dealer allocations yes but not sold to people on the street.

This car will not be cheap! I am keen on a Senator, means I have to sell the mrs Territory and let her drive it though :(
2 users like this post:
Old 17-05-2013, 10:45 AM   #417
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodge View Post
Going off the fact that the W427 seemed to lose a full 20% of its claimed fwkw by the time they got to the rear wheels I'm thinking the GTS will have around (430 x .8) = 344 rwkw's or somewhere around 30 rwkw's more than my car has now. If I go to the darkside its the technology, equipment and content I'd be after but I'm sure I'll cope with the extra power somehow There's no rule that says you have to use full throttle, or is there
Maybe I could ask the Mrs to up the red meat content of my dinners.
I'll probably wait and see what Ford's answer is, I've had so many of them now there's not much logic in changing without giving them a chance to respond.
Its not looking good for Ford though... They are going to be atleast 12 months away with their update. Plus they no longer have prodrive to do R&D / development. Sure there will be somethings filter on from the standard Falcon line up to the new FPV's but I think we are dreaming if they will bring certain elements of the new HSV line up to the table.

My predictions are that the updated Falcon will get blind spot assist, adaptive cruise control and lane departure warning. It should also get keyless entry but Im skeptical about how much more they will throw at it above these things. Wider rubber on FPV's is a given (R Spec) and possibly the R Spec suspension package will be all it gets. Will we still have an F6? Doubtful. I also predict that we only end up with GT and possibly GT-P.
Old 17-05-2013, 10:47 AM   #418
Rodge
Banned

Quote:
This car will not be cheap! I am keen on a Senator, means I have to sell the mrs Territory and let her drive it though :(
What will it really be making at the rear wheels 260-270 rwkw's ??
Old 17-05-2013, 10:49 AM   #419
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by fgpsi View Post
When is the new falcon being revealed?
Only if Juliar wins the election!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:
seriously,,,,should be around October/November...its still 18 months approx away...
Old 17-05-2013, 11:01 AM   #420
Rodge
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DASH GT View Post
Its not looking good for Ford though... They are going to be atleast 12 months away with their update. Plus they no longer have prodrive to do R&D / development. Sure there will be somethings filter on from the standard Falcon line up to the new FPV's but I think we are dreaming if they will bring certain elements of the new HSV line up to the table.

My predictions are that the updated Falcon will get blind spot assist, adaptive cruise control and lane departure warning. It should also get keyless entry but Im skeptical about how much more they will throw at it above these things. Wider rubber on FPV's is a given (R Spec) and possibly the R Spec suspension package will be all it gets. Will we still have an F6? Doubtful. I also predict that we only end up with GT and possibly GT-P.
That's pretty much how I perceive it will be too.
Closed Thread