Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 11-09-2019, 11:27 PM   #5791
19scooter66
Starter Motor

Default Re: Welcome to New Members - Post here to say gday!

Hi guys and girls Shane from Geelong (call me scooter)
I’ve got 2 SY MKII Territory’s a TS 2wd and Ghia AWD
Joined up here to learn a bit about them as I’m a reformed
Holden nut 🤪

Cheers
19scooter66 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-09-2019, 01:04 PM   #5792
prumpfy
Starter Motor

Hiya all members,
Recently joined this group to get some info on a 2006 Focus with high fuel consumption problems.
Have a long history with Aussie built Mitsubishi Magna and 380.
I'm another old fart who resents the demise of Australian manufacturing, having been Technical Manager of a large Australian electric cable manufacturer.
I am always very impressed with the cando capability of Aussies. Have tried to get some info about the Focus with poor results. Plenty of overseas 'Help' pages which are useless. The manuals page here is worthy of credit to russellw. A lot of work gone into that information. I found the aussiemagna website to be chock full of useful cando stuff that is not available from other countries. I reckon I will find the help I need right here.
regards,
prumpfy
prumpfy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 12-09-2019, 06:34 PM   #5793
feral intntions
old hand

gday guys been member for ages and refered totech docos numerous times in the past now we have really hit the wall with computer faults
feral intntions is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-09-2019, 08:06 PM   #5794
cogs
Starter Motor

Hi everyone, complete newby to pretty much everything on line, but love the forum, have a big history with fords. Just got back in with a 2017 mustang. So looking forward to sharing stories pics etc.
cogs is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-09-2019, 02:07 PM   #5795
Gregsgear
Starter Motor

Hi fellow Members.My name is Greg and have joined this group in the hope some of you can help with a few mods I wish to complete on my 2017 Ford Ranger 4x4 Ute. so I would just like to say Thank you for future help ..
Gregsgear is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-09-2019, 10:54 AM   #5796
AU_THE_WORLD
Starter Motor

new member here, hey guys got a 99au fairmont its been ****ing down pretty bad lately here in AUckland and theres a big puddle on my passengers side floor any ideas on where the leaks coming from its only passengers side that floods after raining
AU_THE_WORLD is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-09-2019, 11:18 AM   #5797
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by AU_THE_WORLD View Post
new member here, hey guys got a 99au fairmont its been ****ing down pretty bad lately here in AUckland and theres a big puddle on my passengers side floor any ideas on where the leaks coming from its only passengers side that floods after raining
Welcome to AFF........Have a look in the AU-Bf forum or try posting the question in there.
http://www.fordforums.com.au/forumdisplay.php?f=30
Old 29-09-2019, 05:07 PM   #5798
bora169
Starter Motor

Hi guys, this my first post so I thought I would talk about my interest in cars. My first car was a mk2 220 cortina which I modified with dual side draft 40mm webers and a 3/4 race cam, lapped the long track at wanneroo in 1.21. Next was a V6 capri which unfortunately was destroyed when I had lose on a gravel rd near Manjimup. then a PI Triumph which cost me a fortune to own ($25,000 in 8 years). Then I finally saw the light and bought an XW GT with a cleveland engine, fitted with a lot of HO parts and er78 tyres and 3.00 traction lock, had it up to 5800 rpm in top gear. Scary fast car!
I then bought two Phase 3's one had 21,000 miles and the other had 32,000 very original cars. Sold them both in 1992 and bought a house with the money.
I was out of cars for nearly 8 years after that until I got the bug again and decided I wanted something completely different and bought a 1972 Maserati Bora what a trolley!
I spent the next 14 years restoring that car including rebuilding the engine and gearbox, paint interior etc in my own garage, drove the wife and kids mad. However when I sold it I made a real killing sold that made up for the pain.
Anyway that is a very brief description of things, I could rant on for days about cars, but I have to go out into the shed and put my BF GTP on the hoist for a checkup. Also have a ba Typhoon which I have to change out the heavy duty clutch in so very busy!
All the best and keep those Fords in top trim guys!
bora169 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-10-2019, 09:10 AM   #5799
TrevZ
Starter Motor

Smile Re: Welcome to New Members - Post here to say gday!

new member here loved fords most my life owned several 351 clevo zj fairlane then Xg ute then bf xr8 boss 260 have a few other toys an old 75 valiant vk but and a range rover <<< yeh i know haha any way just saying hi
Old 02-10-2019, 11:47 AM   #5800
Aishling
Starter Motor

Gday. Haven’t owned a ford since I sold my p4 LTD ( young kids and finance juggling). Bought a diesel SZ Territory. Fantastic thing to drive; quiet, rides nicely but handles well, good interior, driving position and view....
Has a few electrical and electronic gremlins. I exorcised some, it a few more to go. ( the split hvac is worst grumble )
I’ve fixed the tailgate glass not closing properly. Also put dust deflector on.
I’ve got a large heat exchanger to change off the Ford transmission timebomb.
Manta 3” exhaust system coming. Tune and egr delete after that.
Country things next- bullbar, lights....
Thanks for the contributions I’ve read already
Peter
Narrogin WA
Aishling is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-10-2019, 09:08 PM   #5801
LynW
Starter Motor

Hi. We are Lyn and Lincoln and we just purchased our first Territory a month ago. Love the size of the interior. Drives really well
LynW is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-10-2019, 09:53 PM   #5802
katek33
Starter Motor

Hi all,
My partner and I own a 2008 Territory and often have questions about it and it's various quirks.
Anyhow, for now it's just Hi 😊
katek33 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-10-2019, 08:06 PM   #5803
mike BA Falcon
Starter Motor

hi people,
I have a 2004 BA Falcon wagon with a Barra NA motor.

It's getting old in the tooth now and keeping it on the road is key.

It's had the "usual" issues for a BA Falcon:
  • radiator failed and let engine coolant into the auto (external auto box cooler and regular trans fluid changes seems to have avoided terminal trans issues)

High pressure power steering hose leaked fluid and destroyed the alternator - a new high pressure hose and a new alternator fixed this

I have a current issue with a fluid leak (I suspect the PS pump), which flogged out the serpentine belt - it stayed intact - just.
I've just replaced the serpentine belt, the idler pulley, and the tensioner pulley...which obviously won't fix a fluid leak.

I've ordered a new PS pump - I can't see any leaks on idle when the wheel is being turned, but the mess under the bonnet leads me to PS pump leakage.

I joined this site for tips on keeping the old girl on the road, with maintenance done by me where possible.

I thank you in advance for your input.

Cheers
Mike
mike BA Falcon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-10-2019, 11:20 PM   #5804
scotty651
Starter Motor

Hi there everyone and thanks for letting me join.
I have a 2005 BA Wagon and love her to bits.
scotty651 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-10-2019, 04:16 PM   #5805
Brendog78
Starter Motor

Hi guys, I'm a bit of a ford fan. Over the years I have had Xe falcon sedan, Xy V8 Ute, XH xr6 Ute, 1965 Mustang Coupe, BA xr8 Ute, xw falcon 500 sedan and my current XT falcon ute.

The XT is running a worked 347w, Dart SHP block, scat crank and rods, forged piston, AFR225 heads, Edlebrock Airgap intake and a 750DP Holley. MSD Ignition provides the spark.

Trans is a locally built C4 with 3200 stall converter, diff is a 9 inch with truetrack 3.5.

Interior is mostly GT, central locking and hidden stereo. Body has GT grill and GT badges, it's painted Black Cherry and rolls on simmons FR 18s.

Brendog78 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 16-10-2019, 07:57 PM   #5806
Shelby elanor
Starter Motor

hi All signed up as l have been involved in the build of a 67 mustang elanor thats gone quite sour with builder and was looking for info if others have had similar experiences and how to deal with such situation

Last edited by Shelby elanor; 16-10-2019 at 08:02 PM.
Shelby elanor is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-10-2019, 10:31 AM   #5807
Jameshughes12
Starter Motor

G'day everyone I have come on here to speak to people about tune up up grades . I am a owner of a 2012 fpv f6310 wich is a awesome car thank you
Jameshughes12 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-10-2019, 12:19 PM   #5808
RodRod
Starter Motor

Hi all. Rod here. Thanks for the add. I'm wondering if someone could please tell me just where the ecu is in my 2007 xr5? Am experiencing a glitch or two and I want to have a look at the connectors for any possible oxidization and such. Thanks in advance.
RodRod is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-10-2019, 12:24 PM   #5809
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodRod View Post
Hi all. Rod here. Thanks for the add. I'm wondering if someone could please tell me just where the ecu is in my 2007 xr5? Am experiencing a glitch or two and I want to have a look at the connectors for any possible oxidization and such. Thanks in advance.
Welcome to AFF Rod, you'll probably find someone in the Focus Area who can help.

http://www.fordforums.com.au/forumdisplay.php?f=77
Old 20-10-2019, 02:25 PM   #5810
Schtoo

Hello All.

I got an email telling me to say hello here, so I'm doing that.

Almost across the line to go out and find myself a XR6T BF ute not because I 'need' one, but because I 'want' one and can easily convert that to 'need' if I wish. So I joined up to see what I can find out about said creature before going hunting in earnest.

Also got an 'older' Falcon in the garage that might be worthy of my being here sans BF Falcon.

It's a 1964 XM Deluxe Wagon, 170 with Fordomatic and recently got a 'restoration' it didn't really need, but got anyway. Drove it to work yesterday and was the first time it's been driven by me in a while (dad usually takes it out once a month or more) and it's got some things that kind of rub me the wrong way that I want/need to make good. I drove it daily for about 6 months 20 years ago, and it's not quite the same car to drive as it was then. Not all bad, but not all good either.

Case in point, the additional electric fan actually does something now. Many an hour were spent on the roadside trying to get some heat out of it. Now flick the switch and the temp goes down nicely. Cool! Doesn't mean the cooling system doesn't need correcting, only that it's not critical at this stage.

And the brakes work better than they used to, pity they have NO feel in them at all. I'll take a little feel in exchange for outright performance because they feel like they'll work then lock and the first I'll know about it will be the thing pirouetting down the road in a blur of green/white/chrome.

That's about it for now, I'll go look at what else is around before I starting poking and prodding you folks for info.

Stu.
Schtoo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-10-2019, 11:28 AM   #5811
shtuwang
Starter Motor

Gday,

I'm here to say hello.

My FG XR6 ute's HIM module brought me here
shtuwang is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-10-2019, 06:33 PM   #5812
Vexorg
Starter Motor

Greetings to all,

I joined this forum 3 years ago when I was seeking some technical info on a relative's car.
Now I've inherited a project car to fix up and re-register, so I'm looking for advice in a couple of areas.
It's a '93 EB Series II Falcon GL with Dual Fuel.
It needs a ...... ****-Load of work on it.
I also live 45km out of a country town which kinda limits the availability of parts from wreckers and such.
But I'm hoping that if I plug away at it slowly and steadily I can eventually get it back on the road.
Any helpful advice on further posts will be much appreciated.

Regards,

V.
Vexorg is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-10-2019, 02:32 PM   #5813
Mandarin_GT
Starter Motor

G'day all im back here after a very long time 8 yrs infact, gotta a few things i gonna need help with like my daily driver and whati wanna do to it, plus my GT which i just bought.
Mandarin_GT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-10-2019, 09:36 PM   #5814
Pedrotheswift
Starter Motor

G'day. I'm Pete or Pedro. Bin away from the forum for a few years and lookin forward to gettin re-acquainted again .
I'm 67, retired and getting into my stride with a couple of projects. My daily drive is a 2007 Falcon RTV ute with a fibreglass canopy for camping and general workhorse stuff . I'm about to transplant my 1998 Tickford Windsor 302 with 4 speed auto into it as I like the v8 but also because the old 6 cyl is getting a bit tired and smoky . My other project is my 1977 F250 Lwb 4x2 stepside with a 1981 model 460 big block and C6 auto.

Last edited by Pedrotheswift; 30-10-2019 at 09:37 PM. Reason: Forgot to mention I'm a Ford lover.
Pedrotheswift is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-10-2019, 10:00 AM   #5815
ranger hawk
chris

Hello to all I’ve been a ford man for years
starting with my first car xy cast Iron 250 .three speed on the tree.
then into a xa panel van x police van once again cast Iron 250 four speed top loader .
With some engine work I done yellow terra head so on .
I have just got a 2013 ranger wild track.
does anyone have a comment audio system ?.
I haven’t picked it up yet but there seems to be a lot of up grades out there
Cheers 🍻
ranger hawk is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-11-2019, 09:38 AM   #5816
Nich
Starter Motor

G’day All,
I’ve had a 2011 Territory diesel for 7 years, 115K in good nick. Have towed 2 different vans with no trouble around each state in Oz and only modification has been stiffer rear springs to stop excess rear tyre wear when towing.
Noticed recently after rain or washing that water leaking into area around rear tailgate lock. Any clues as can’t see where it’s getting in. I’d appreciate any ideas.
Cheers!
Nich
Nich is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-11-2019, 10:38 AM   #5817
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nich View Post
G’day All,
I’ve had a 2011 Territory diesel for 7 years, 115K in good nick. Have towed 2 different vans with no trouble around each state in Oz and only modification has been stiffer rear springs to stop excess rear tyre wear when towing.
Noticed recently after rain or washing that water leaking into area around rear tailgate lock. Any clues as can’t see where it’s getting in. I’d appreciate any ideas.
Cheers!
Nich
Hi Nich and welcome to AFF. If you go to the Territory forums and use the 'search this forum' function you'll find a couple of threads about this there.

http://www.fordforums.com.au/forumdisplay.php?f=85
Old 06-11-2019, 11:21 AM   #5818
BlackSTline
Starter Motor

I’ve landed here because I’ve always been a Ford fan and owned many Falcons over the years.

Then had a 10 year period of being into hardcore 4wding.....

Now out of that and needed a family car that I would be happy to drive....

Enter ‘Black Betty’ Escape ST Line in black, black and more black

It’s no GT Falcon but for a 2.0T it goes alright.

Last edited by BlackSTline; 06-11-2019 at 11:22 AM. Reason: Wrong link
BlackSTline is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-11-2019, 09:08 PM   #5819
Daveandranger
Starter Motor

Hi to All, We have a Ford RTV Ute with Diff lock. (2005) Petrol and Gas.
We have travelled all over Oz in it.
Have got a noise in the Diff which I will be needing some advise on.

Dave
Daveandranger is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-11-2019, 10:28 AM   #5820
tomhoy
Starter Motor

Hey all love the forum and the wealth of knowledge on here. love me fords had a te cortina as first car (paddock basher, criminal what me n the brothers did to it). now im tyring to wire a ems em-tech ecu into my 02 ba xr6t so that'll be fun. hopefully picking up an 1972 f250 in the next couple of weeks for my next project, ill post some picks when its on the propety. thanks all for taking the time to share your knowledge
tomhoy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post