Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Laser and Telstar

Old 23-09-2006, 07:37 PM   #1
sharsc
Starter Motor

Default 1985 automatic transmission- where does the fluid go???

Hi, sorry if this sounds dumb but I have bought a 1985 laser automatic and I am stumped as to the location of the automatic transmission fluid. According to the book that comes with it it should be very obvious but i cannot locate it. Can someone tell me if I am standing on the drivers side looking in, is it the small dip stick to the front of the engine kind of above the actual oil dipstick? according to the book that cmae with it thats the power steering?? but husband says it doesnt have power steering.. the book sasy it does.
Other than that it is going really welll, had only 175000 kms on it, 2 owners, all details etc. Is in excellent condition all round though I am goign to install a cd or mp3 player as I have no tapes left.

sharsc is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-09-2006, 07:30 AM   #2
dirty hands
Over Thinker

vippen will be along or another laser person to answer that soon
Old 24-09-2006, 10:26 AM   #3
tufLTD
tufLTD

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharsc
Hi, sorry if this sounds dumb but I have bought a 1985 laser automatic and I am stumped as to the location of the automatic transmission fluid. According to the book that comes with it it should be very obvious but i cannot locate it. Can someone tell me if I am standing on the drivers side looking in, is it the small dip stick to the front of the engine kind of above the actual oil dipstick? according to the book that cmae with it thats the power steering?? but husband says it doesnt have power steering.. the book sasy it does.
Other than that it is going really welll, had only 175000 kms on it, 2 owners, all details etc. Is in excellent condition all round though I am goign to install a cd or mp3 player as I have no tapes left.
If you're standing in front of the car, the auto trans dipstick is towards the right, basically in line with the distributor. It has a black plastic top, so it can be hard to see.