Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Laser and Telstar

Old 14-08-2014, 04:12 AM   #1
WineAnt
Starter Motor

Angry '93 TX5 - Grey Bumper Stripe / Strip

Hi everyone

As the subject says, I have a '93 Ford TX5.

My problem / query is related to Telstars too.

Our cars has this grey strip on the front and rear bumpers. In later models I think they made it the same color as the body, but you can still see where the strip used to go.

Mine has started to peel. Either from age or some crap which I used to make it looking new again - NOT.

My question is, besides spraying it the same color as the rest of the car, what can I do to make it look stock standard again?

Any suggestions?

WineAnt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-08-2014, 02:12 PM   #2
GTP-814
love the quad cams

Default Re: '93 TX5 - Grey Bumper Stripe / Strip

you can always use some shellys heat resistance glue. Check their web site
GTP-814 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-08-2014, 11:22 PM   #3
WineAnt
Starter Motor

Question Re: '93 TX5 - Grey Bumper Stripe / Strip

Thank you for your reply.

I had a look at the site, thanks.

My problem is the strips are getting flaky and starting to peel, if that makes sense. Almost like it is chipping from scratches here and there.

How can I restore it anyone? Can one purchase new "strips", or can one use some custom made sticker, or what?

Hope this makes more sense...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Bumper.jpg (4.8 KB, 47 views)

Last edited by WineAnt; 14-08-2014 at 11:31 PM.
WineAnt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-08-2014, 01:28 PM   #4
GTP-814
love the quad cams

Default Re: '93 TX5 - Grey Bumper Stripe / Strip

Oh i though you meant it had started to peal off. In your case glue wont be any good. Sorry.
You might be able to get a replacement from a wrecker?
GTP-814 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post