Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Laser and Telstar

Old 30-05-2008, 12:24 AM   #1
PeterKD
Starter Motor

Default (Perth) WANTED URGENTLY 1991 Laser 4 speed Auto Trans

Hi everyone.

My young bloke has blown the auto trans on his 1991 KH 1.8ltr ghia. He needs the car for work and no car no work. I would appreciate it if someone could point me in the right direction. Have tried Laser Wreck in Osborne Park but without luck.

(forgot 041 709 5691)

Many thanks

Peter

Last edited by PeterKD; 30-05-2008 at 12:28 AM. Reason: Forgot to include mob number
PeterKD is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-05-2008, 08:38 PM   #2
xcelr8
Sell me a TDCi!

Hey buddy check the quokka, was stuff in there all the time, and it just came out yesterday its in the front pages of the motoring section!
xcelr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-05-2008, 08:49 PM   #3
PeterKD
Starter Motor

Thanks xcelr8 one of the first things I did. It would appear the Laser Ghia with the 1.8ltr motor and 4 speed auto tranny are not the most popular in the wrecking area. Privately I have not found one (and if I did I would be worried about the condition). The wreckers are asking $850 to $1,000 for them and by the time you have it fitted you have blown $1,500. For a car that's only worth around $2,000 we may have to tow it away and buy him a bomb. Sad because the lasers are a great little run about.
Old 09-06-2008, 09:38 PM   #4
PeterKD
Starter Motor

One has been found thanks ($650 for Sport Auto Wreckers)