Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > B Series.com.au > B Series.com.au Events and Meets

B Series.com.au Events and Meets All the B Series Social Gatherings

Old 21-09-2009, 10:48 AM   #1
Dvs06

Default mackay

Hi all, is there any members up here in mackay if so would any body be interseted in starting up some sort of event?. cheers joe.

Dvs06 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-09-2009, 12:51 PM   #2
Burnout
Falcon RTV - FG G6ET
Donating Member3

XR6_661 is a busy little beaver in your area, send him a PM, I believe he is trying to organise some sort of cruise up that way. Just don't let him lead it; you might finish up in the middle of a cane field.

RTV Power
FG G6ET 50th Anniversary in Sensation.
While the basic Ford Six was code named Barra, the Turbo version clearly deserved its very own moniker – again enter Gordon Barfield.
We asked him if the engine had actually been called “Seagull” and how that came about.
“Actually it was just call “Gull”, because I named it that. Because we knew it was going to poo on everything”.
Burnout is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-09-2009, 12:53 PM   #3
XR6_661
Cane Farmer

Big Brother is watching!

I'm in Cairns...a good 750km from Mackay!! I was down there last week @ RDP though.

If you are ever in Cairns, give me a buzz.

1994 ED XR6T - Cobalt Blue.

2009 FG XR6 - Black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex
I couldn't give a crap how many are in their family, what gay passtimes they paticipate in, or whether they have a cat, dog or a freaken fish.

Keep your stinking family to yourself god damn it.
XR6_661 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-09-2009, 01:26 PM   #4
Dvs06

will do thank you lol surely there is more then me here lol.
Old 21-09-2009, 04:41 PM   #5
NQ REDNECK
The Chook

I'll be home about the 16th of December getting work done on the Uteruss. And organising stuff stuff for my other project car.

I live in Airlie but i'm up for a short down to the home town.

Craig Lowndes XR 6 ute in Conquer. Manual, 3.45 LSD, Crow Stage 2 Cams, Atomic Springs, Underdrive, Jet Hot coated 4495's, Full 3inch Stainless Exhaust, 3in Metalic cat, Hooker Aerochamber Mufflers, Billet Oil Pump Gears, Typhoon CAI, Terri Pipes, K&N. ...197.9 rwKw
Also: Engine Bay Bling, Custom Lighting. Lower grill & Badging. Slotted Rotors & Bendix Pads, 27mm Front & 20mm Rear Sway Bars and Lock Kit

Project XB Big Block Has Begun!

Member of "The Old Fart Racing Team"
NQ REDNECK is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-09-2009, 09:31 AM   #6
Dvs06

sounds great hey do you know of anybody else around us?
Old 22-09-2009, 01:41 PM   #7
NQ REDNECK
The Chook

username "Cedric" lives just up the road from me in Airlie. He's an AU driver though.

Craig Lowndes XR 6 ute in Conquer. Manual, 3.45 LSD, Crow Stage 2 Cams, Atomic Springs, Underdrive, Jet Hot coated 4495's, Full 3inch Stainless Exhaust, 3in Metalic cat, Hooker Aerochamber Mufflers, Billet Oil Pump Gears, Typhoon CAI, Terri Pipes, K&N. ...197.9 rwKw
Also: Engine Bay Bling, Custom Lighting. Lower grill & Badging. Slotted Rotors & Bendix Pads, 27mm Front & 20mm Rear Sway Bars and Lock Kit

Old 22-09-2009, 02:55 PM   #8
Dvs06

its still a ford hey lol as long as its not holden its all good
Old 22-09-2009, 05:15 PM   #9
NQ REDNECK
The Chook

Well if you want to make it an ALL FORD affair i'll see if i can mobalise my crowd to get involved.

Old 22-09-2009, 05:38 PM   #10
Dvs06

may as well hey being new up here and knowing some fellow ford fans no matter wot type is a good thing hey
Old 22-09-2009, 06:09 PM   #11
NQ REDNECK
The Chook

Go see Mario at MCS engineering. He'll point you in the direction of the local Blue Blooded fanatics. It's a good node to get the word out for your idea of a cruise or All Fords Day. Same with RDP or out Palmara at a test and tune.

Old 23-09-2009, 01:48 PM   #12
Dvs06

thanks Ill look into them.
Old 23-09-2009, 02:01 PM   #13
XR6_661
Cane Farmer

We could organise a B-Series drag night?

I can get some Cairns folks down to townsville, you get some Mackay boys up...That way we are all meeting in the middle so to speak...

Just a suggestion.

2009 FG XR6 - Black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex
I couldn't give a crap how many are in their family, what gay passtimes they paticipate in, or whether they have a cat, dog or a freaken fish.

Old 23-09-2009, 05:25 PM   #14
Dvs06

its worth a try maybe. but like I said Im new up here and will go to rpd first thing in morning and see if I can get some sort of support from them.
Old 23-09-2009, 07:26 PM   #15
NQ REDNECK
The Chook

I'd be up for a Chrismas drag meet, i'll finnaly be able to see what she runs.

Old 24-09-2009, 02:53 AM   #16
Dvs06

that could be the go hey, Ill get in contact with rdp and mario today and see wot I can maybe get a start on from here.
Old 24-09-2009, 09:08 AM   #17
XR6_661
Cane Farmer

When is the xmas meet? I'd be keen to come down!

2009 FG XR6 - Black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex

Old 27-09-2009, 12:41 AM   #18
NQ REDNECK
The Chook

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR6_661
When is the xmas meet? I'd be keen to come down!

I think we're still in the planning stages at the moment........ How'd you go Druming support around town Jussik????????

Old 27-09-2009, 01:07 PM   #19
Dvs06

to be honest I didnt get to it kids lol school holidays But I promise its first on my list tomorrow.
Old 28-09-2009, 02:09 PM   #20
Dvs06

Hi, I spoke with the manger of RDP this am and he is willing too help but said trying to get something to go isnt as easy as it seems in Mackay. Im told that once organising a weekend thats not got someone else deciding to hold something at the same day and time, its a matter of getting people too attend it.
But he told me if I can give details of what, where and when he would look into it from his end. I spoke of a cruise day where ford owners from here would drive too a point further north and that people from up there would travel south and we all meet in the middle somewhere.
Im open too ideas and comments from anyone willing too set something up with me. Im also open to thoughts of what we could do once getting there. it could be something as simple as a meet and greet, and show each other our prides and joy, or if its possible maybe some sort of show. Im thinking meet and greet and if things went smooth and we got some good intrest then maybe expand on it next time. maybe get the AFF web site out there more among the public up this way and drum up more members and site sponsers. But like I said Im keen to try and get something going and anyone whom may wish to get on board is more then welcome. This for me is to meet members, make our great site known and have fun with one common factor. That being we all love our fords. cheers Joe.
Old 28-09-2009, 08:34 PM   #21
NQ REDNECK
The Chook

Townsville is the natural center point......

But i think Airlie would make a more glamerious location..... Few pritty backpackers for the photo's.................etc etc plus its saves me driveing anywhere.

I'm all up for it. I should be back home by the 16th of December to fit my cams and get her tuned up. So any time after that I'm ready for a show.

Old 01-10-2009, 10:40 AM   #22
Dvs06

lol sorry I wrote a reply yesterday but in my hurry I didnt post it. Well Ill put the word out there put some notices around the place see how much interest I get.
Old 05-10-2009, 12:51 PM   #23
Dvs06

Hey guys, I found out that mackay has its own ford club and that they do cruises and wot not. Im trying to make contact with them and hoping its a path that could get us all too meet in the middle.
Old 05-10-2009, 01:19 PM   #24
NQ REDNECK
The Chook

Good Show :

Old 06-11-2011, 02:32 PM   #25
evilzj
Starter Motor

Default Re: mackay

hey guys, just wondering if anyone knows if there is still a ford club in mackay, thanks
evilzj is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-11-2011, 08:51 PM   #26
Stazza_Brendan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

There is a website with forum but its pretty quiet. Also a facebook page I believe. What were u chasing in particular?
ZF - Optioned interior - Hardlid - Rapidsystems V4.5 kit - GTX3576R - Crow Cams Valve springs - 1000cc KPM injectors - 20" MC Racing Wheels - DashDaq/Cobalt Gauges - 4in dump/3.5in exhaust system - Shockworks Coilovers - 30mm Swaybar - Shockworks 4pot 355mm front brakes - GT R-spec rear brakes
CPV Tuned to 340rwkw
Stazza_Brendan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-11-2011, 05:36 PM   #27
evilzj
Starter Motor

Just wondering if there were any cruises or meets happening.
Old 13-11-2011, 08:35 PM   #28
Trav199
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'm in MacKay its lame tho..

P.B 10.97@129.6MPH

CPV TUNING
Trav199 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-11-2011, 11:57 PM   #29
evilzj
Starter Motor

yeah i know, i just thought there might have been something happening here at some point
Old 20-11-2011, 10:16 PM   #30
Trav199
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

im always keen for a drive..

P.B 10.97@129.6MPH

CPV TUNING
Trav199 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post