Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 11-05-2014, 01:54 PM   #3241
XR8putts

Default Re: 2014 Falcon Sneek Peak

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstg8a View Post
He's also 'callum31' on here... Supposedly he had a clear shot of the front and posted it on Facebook, and ford apparently asked him to remove it.

Could be why there's all those deleted posts?
No, my post and the others were deleted because we pointed obvious holes/lies in the Facebook page.

He doesn't have a clue and is filling the gaps with made-up nonsense.

The best source of information and pictures on the internet re the FX Falcon, is this thread.
XR8putts is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 11-05-2014, 02:02 PM   #3242
nstg8a

Quote:
Originally Posted by puts99 View Post
No, my post and the others were deleted because we pointed obvious holes/lies in the Facebook page.

He doesn't have a clue and is filling the gaps with made-up nonsense.

The best source of information and pictures on the internet re the FX Falcon, is this thread.
Yeah I gave up pointing out his inaccuracies on fb page....
nstg8a is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 11-05-2014, 03:03 PM   #3243
GTP534
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I posted the link to the FB article because of the photos, which if we look closely enough gives a good indication of how FH will look, not because of the text.

A lot of people have jumped on the "Taurus" reference which I took just to be some misinformed "local", read American, commentary.

There's no point going over the Taurus comments, look past that and just look at the pictures. If there's some beef with the comments take it up with SEMA.
Old 11-05-2014, 05:33 PM   #3244
malazn mafia
Boss 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTDmonger View Post
Hopefully incoming Mark Fields can have a decent look at this 'orphan' and realize what a mistake bonehead Mulally is making.
Ford sorely need to re-think the decision to terminate the global rear wheel drive program.
If they think they can rebuild the Lincoln brand with front wheel drive/awd/suv's and re-skinned Ford products they may as well pull the plug like they did with Mercury.
If everyone wrote letters to Ford rather than posting on forums, like back when Ford were going to replace the Mustang with the Mazda Probe, Ford could get some sense knocked back into them. But until then, nothing changes if nothing changes.
malazn mafia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-05-2014, 06:01 PM   #3245
XBGTFGGTP
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTDmonger View Post
Hopefully incoming Mark Fields can have a decent look at this 'orphan' and realize what a mistake bonehead Mulally is making.
Ford sorely need to re-think the decision to terminate the global rear wheel drive program.
If they think they can rebuild the Lincoln brand with front wheel drive/awd/suv's and re-skinned Ford products they may as well pull the plug like they did with Mercury.
That bonehead saved Ford and globally everyone really wants to drive a Falcon. Don't think so, times have changed and people want different things from cars. I'm just happy I got to experience and appreciate these old dinosaurs.

XA GT Manual
XBGT Manual
XC GXL
1982 XE S-Pac V8
2011 F6 Velvet
2011 GT Manual Black/Gold
2020 GT500
FG-X XR8
XBGTFGGTP is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 11-05-2014, 06:05 PM   #3246
Callum31

I posted this a while back on my page, but here Ford confirm you that Ford will be promoting this new Falcon, I've seen alot of it, but not all of it, enough to tell you it looks awesome, both Spyman and those who have seen it in the flesh assure me its the best looking Falcon ever, most tech advanced and apparently the new interior looks pretty cool too!

Last edited by Callum31; 05-06-2014 at 06:46 PM.
Callum31 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-05-2014, 06:35 PM   #3247
FPV GTHO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Sharing his knowledge of performance exhaust setups for the NA 6 cyc Barra Falcon from BA to FG. 

I just hope it doesn't look like 3 awesome cars chopped together like a Chinese abomination.
FPV GTHO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-05-2014, 07:16 PM   #3248
nstg8a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callum31 View Post
I posted this a while back on my page, but here Ford confirm you that Ford will be promoting this new Falcon, I've seen alot of it, but not all of it, enough to tell you it looks awesome, both Spyman and those who have seen it in the flesh assure me its the best looking Falcon ever, most tech advanced and apparently the new interior looks pretty cool too!
What new interior?
Old 11-05-2014, 07:21 PM   #3249
XR8putts

Quote:
Stop talking crap.
5 users like this post:
Old 11-05-2014, 07:33 PM   #3250
Road Games

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Replacement. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by puts99 View Post
Stop talking crap.

oooh boy...

Road Games is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 11-05-2014, 07:36 PM   #3251
Callum31

No lies... you can't do a big update on the exterior of a car and call it 'New' with the exact same interior of the current Falcon. Use some logic sense guys... the 2014 Falcon will have a new interior, dash etc etc...
Old 11-05-2014, 07:38 PM   #3252
nstg8a

Quote:
No lies... you can't do a big update on the exterior of a car and call it 'New' with the exact same interior of the current Falcon. Use some logic sense guys... the 2014 Falcon will have a new interior, dash etc etc...
No it won't.
2 users like this post:
Old 11-05-2014, 07:39 PM   #3253
XR8putts

Quote:
I got trolled!

I conceed
Old 11-05-2014, 07:45 PM   #3254
Callum31

Well you both can just wait and see then, for memory even Spyman said it has a new interior and he was pretty shocked to how good it was...
Old 11-05-2014, 07:46 PM   #3255
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
I've seen alot of it, but not all of it, enough to tell you it looks awesome, both Spyman and those who have seen it in the flesh assure me its the best looking Falcon ever, most tech advanced and apparently the new interior looks pretty cool too!
Umm, either you have seen it or you haven't.

Have you seen it or are you just going by some of the excellent pictures on this thread ?
Old 11-05-2014, 07:48 PM   #3256
Fordman1
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Nope, no new dash .....
Fordman1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-05-2014, 07:50 PM   #3257
au2000
AKA "the other bloke"

Quote:
Agreed, it won't, I've seen the pic as have other which was posted her a few weeks back
His: 2012 FG II GS, Vanish
His: 2003 BA GT-P, Lightening Strike
Jnr: 2002 AU III Falcon XR6 ST, 5 speed Blueprint & 1978 XC Fairmont Neptune Blue

Previous:
1976 HX 50th Anniversary Kingswood
2014 FGX G6E Turbo
1980 XD Falcon GL
2003 BA Falcon XR6
1991 EB Falcon S
1989 EA Fairmont
1982 XE Fairmont
1968 XT Falcon
au2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-05-2014, 08:09 PM   #3258
Iggle Piggle
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Look, some of you guys may work at Ford and are possibly even involved in the development of the FH and have seen it - but who are you to question this guy's information when his credentials are impeccable...he has a Facebook page!!!
Iggle Piggle is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
9 users like this post:
Old 11-05-2014, 08:19 PM   #3259
FGX-351
Supercharged Mang-mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggle Piggle View Post
Look, some of you guys may work at Ford and are possibly even involved in the development of the FH and have seen it - but who are you to question this guy's information when his credentials are impeccable...he has a Facebook page!!!

09/00 VX HSV XU6 Build #0001 of 0171
http://fordforums.com.au/showthread....09#post5571209
-- Best E/T: |14.982 @92.12mph | R/T:0.013 | 60' 2.213| 330: 6.283 | 1/8: 9.624 @ 73.17mph | 1000: 12.529 | 25Deg, N/A Hum, 1010mb | Willowbank Raceway 7/12/16

Tickford EL Falcon XR6 RIP
-- Factory Manual
-- Best E/T: |14.991 @ 92.71mph | R/T: 0.607 | 60': 2.215 | 660': 9.665 |13Deg, 86%H, 1024mb, 184RA @ Willowbank Raceway
FGX-351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-05-2014, 08:24 PM   #3260
Bossxr8
Peter Car

LOL ^^^

The interior is only some very minor changes, with essentially the same bits as FG. You might see some new buttons, maybe some new gauges and maybe some slightly different trim materials, but that would be as far as it will go. No new dash.

And as for Ford claiming they will promote it, where will that be, some crappy tiny ads on facebook and youtube, that nobody will see, yet Ford will claim are viewed by millions? Unless they go radio, TV and newspaper/magazine they are wasting their time.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 11-05-2014, 08:33 PM   #3261
NanoDuke
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

To be fair, I wasn't swamped with info about the VF Commo upon release.
Only the Amazing Race style hunt around Australia finding photos.

After that I didn't see anything until I saw a couple of ads on TV which didn't even show the car all that much.
NanoDuke is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-05-2014, 08:42 PM   #3262
Nikked
Oo\===/oO

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Long time member, loves Fords, sensible contributor and does some good and interesting posts. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggle Piggle View Post
Lol...I did some renders guided by spyman on all the details, posted it to his page and was told it wasn't right lol...

Dude has passion, but gets a bit blinded by it.

Check out my Photo-chop page

T...I...C...K...F...O...R...D
\≡≡T≡≡/
Nikked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 11-05-2014, 08:48 PM   #3263
nstg8a

He's also has one of the very few privately owned ecoboost falcons too, you certainly can't fault the enthusiasm, just believes a bit easily
3 users like this post:
Old 11-05-2014, 09:52 PM   #3264
Focused

Quote:
And... there goes your credibility... Didn't you see the FX Falcon interior photos?

Seriously (and I've ranted about this before), if you're speculating, just say so instead of sounding so confident. I know that you know that you're simply guessing, so please say so. There's no problem speculating (that's what internet forums) but all you're doing is guessing and there's enough people on here who've seen the FX and know what you're saying is rubbish.
Focused is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-05-2014, 11:19 PM   #3265
LTDmonger

Quote:
Originally Posted by XBGTFGGTP View Post
That bonehead saved Ford and globally everyone really wants to drive a Falcon. Don't think so, times have changed and people want different things from cars. I'm just happy I got to experience and appreciate these old dinosaurs.
Exactly,times have changed.
What happens when times change again and nobody wants a suv/4wd/pickup?
Mustangs for all I guess...
Putting your eggs in one basket IS a mistake.
All hail king Mulally
LTDmonger is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-05-2014, 11:56 PM   #3266
FalconXV
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

With so many fans on the page, it could be damaging to raise expectations so high. But seriously why does everyone need to pillory him? He's generated more interest than Ford has any intention of doing. Sometimes this forum gets cliquey and turns on one person, when constructive criticism is fine.Someone should fish out that cabin pic though. IIRC, it looked like current XT, but with a P))) button, presumably for front sensors, different ICC screen. Still had FG2 XT instrument cluster, so I'm thinking it's just an attribute mule. Also, it had what appeared to be filled in gap, G6E "woodgrain" door spears, grey XT ICC, gotta be a mule.

If not, the interior will be a joke compared to VF. The question is, how long would Ford wait to put new trimmings etc on prototypes. That pic gives us a good indication of what to expect but doesn't tell the whole story.

Last edited by FalconXV; 12-05-2014 at 12:15 AM.
FalconXV is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
6 users like this post:
Old 12-05-2014, 06:00 AM   #3267
au2000
AKA "the other bloke"

Quote:
Originally Posted by FalconXV View Post
With so many fans on the page, it could be damaging to raise expectations so high. But seriously why does everyone need to pillory him? He's generated more interest than Ford has any intention of doing. Sometimes this forum gets cliquey and turns on one person, when constructive criticism is fine.Someone should fish out that cabin pic though. IIRC, it looked like current XT, but with a P))) button, presumably for front sensors, different ICC screen. Still had FG2 XT instrument cluster, so I'm thinking it's just an attribute mule. Also, it had what appeared to be filled in gap, G6E "woodgrain" door spears, grey XT ICC, gotta be a mule.

If not, the interior will be a joke compared to VF. The question is, how long would Ford wait to put new trimmings etc on prototypes. That pic gives us a good indication of what to expect but doesn't tell the whole story.

IMO the only reason he has been questioned is because of the claims about an all new interior.
We have read the comments from Ford themselves where they said don't expect a VF type tech upgrade re interior and a number of people on here who either work for ford or are close have said a number of times expect a FG interior with slight tweeks or have shown recent pics which show a fg based dash layout. If it was gonna be different these pics would show that.

Speculation is all well and good but passing off speculation as fact will always bite you in the ***.

It's the same as the occasional claims that surface that the GTF will be based on the FH. .aint gonna happen, if it really was gonna be based on that, Ford would not be reintroducing the XR8 badge and have announced the death of GT.
His: 2012 FG II GS, Vanish
His: 2003 BA GT-P, Lightening Strike
Jnr: 2002 AU III Falcon XR6 ST, 5 speed Blueprint & 1978 XC Fairmont Neptune Blue

Previous:
1976 HX 50th Anniversary Kingswood
2014 FGX G6E Turbo
1980 XD Falcon GL
2003 BA Falcon XR6
1991 EB Falcon S
1989 EA Fairmont
1982 XE Fairmont
1968 XT Falcon
au2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 12-05-2014, 10:53 PM   #3268
Blem
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Been offline for a while soo when was the last input from spyman ?
this thread seems to be...
Blem is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-05-2014, 11:47 PM   #3269
AUS GRUNT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blem View Post
Been offline for a while soo when was the last input from spyman ?
this thread seems to be...
I think its been about 3 weeks now since spyman has posted, maybe he wasn't sneaky enough this time and got caught by security ...but from what i've heard, ford themselves is apparently releasing something soon on the new falcon...have to wait and see i guess
AUS GRUNT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-05-2014, 05:32 AM   #3270
strik9
aka fpv747

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUS GRUNT View Post
I think its been about 3 weeks now since spyman has posted, maybe he wasn't sneaky enough this time and got caught by security ...but from what i've heard, ford themselves is apparently releasing something soon on the new falcon...have to wait and see i guess
or maybe he,s sitting back still reading this thread, thinking how stupid he was and close to loosing his job at ford for leaking photo,s.
strik9 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post