Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > The Sales Yard > Cars for Sale

Cars for Sale Complete or nearly complete Cars for sale. Note: ALL transactions in these forums are done at your own risk. FordForums Australia Inc. does NOT take responsibility for any aspect of any item or transaction that may take place via the site.

Old 01-12-2017, 08:39 PM   #1
Jack91
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default (VIC) Ford Bronco XLT 1982

Vehicle Sales Form

State
: VIC

Make of vehicle
: Ford

Model of vehicle
: Bronco XLT

Year of manufacture
: 1982

Colour of vehicle
: White

Engine
: 351C

Transmission
: 4speed

Body style (sedan, wagon etc.)
:Wagon

Selling Price $
: 22000

Odometer Reading
: 200

City
: Ballarat

Other relevant information.

Needing to sell both my toy cars. This one has had no expense spared on it. This is the best one out there, its a bit of a spiel, so read on if you dare.

I bought it off a tradie in Melbourne area almost exactly 2 years ago with the idea of a bit of a tidy up and turning it into a daily. The further I looked and more I fiddled with though, things got very far out of hand. Then the old thing of "well, i cant replace that and not this"... or "yeah babe, $700 for rocker covers and an air filter is cheap, yeah". The ironic thing is that its so nice now I wouldnt dare drive it daily or even in the rain which was supposed to be its main purpose.

Mechanical:
-New motor, it’s the 351c, bored 10 thou, new everything, Fitech 400, edelbrock air gap, you get the gist. Motor was run in on SCM’s dyno, mainly for my piece of mind before installing it. Ran fine for a whole day, made good power and great torque on the carby setup, which I thought was great because I built it for reliability, and have definitely picked up everywhere with the Fitech. Every accessory is new, even the motor mounts. The only things I got recod was the starter and the alternator. I can supply the full carby setup if someone wants it, with a new 600, pumps etc, but I had an overfuelling problem with it that I lost patience with.
-New exedy heavy duty clutch kit, so plate, disc and throwout bearing. Flywheel was machined at the same time.
-Has a braided Teflon line I think. I dunno, the best you can get, anyway, that feeds from the new clutch master cylinder to the new clutch slave cylinder.
-4 core ally radiator, with au twin thermos running off Fitechs automatic fan feature
-New radiator hoses, in fact, all new hoses and lines EVERYWHERE. Whatever the hose, and if it was ok or not, was replaced.
-New radiator overflow and washer bottles
-New Delco battery, best I could get for a car apparently, held down with a custom stainless clamp setup that looks good and actually works
-New wiring where required, I didn’t want to rewire the whole thing, but Ive done a really nice job on everything that Ive had to fix. Neatly done relays, fuses and insulation where appropriate. I built the car to never have to be stuck on the side of the road. No worries about stuff coming off like when you usually buy a truck like this. Fitech wiring is hard to spot.
-Reco power steering box, the guy also fixed the unis in the steering intermediate shaft, theres now no play at all in the steering.
-New front axle seals, and new front diff pivot bush. Any bushes or seals that leaked or were worn have been done. The only ones I would consider doing long term are body mounts and radius arms, but theyre still ok for now.
-New AVM front locking lubs
-New front brake rotors, pads and wheel bearings.
-New brake master cylinder
-New heater core
-Got one of the fancy swivel thermostat housings, I only mention it because it was expensive and it looks really cool
-New white Gabriel shocks all round
-NP435 4 speed, bought it off a guy on here (car was a c6), it needed some work. I cant exactly remember what my gearbox guy did, But it has been looked at and was fixed good, otherwise I wouldn’t have installed it. These are a truck box, so dont expect bang shifts, but do expect it to outlive you, and your grandchildren.
-NP205 Transfer case
Interior;
-UHF (lost my aerial in respray teardown)
-New headunit and speakers, just a budget job, I don’t really care about it
-New (to me) seats, drivers is a bit worn, but the best originals Ive seen. The back support thing on the drivers seat was a bit loose so Ive welded the back solid, you cant see it at all, but you cant recline. Back and forth is still all good though. Passenger seat is all good and still does the flippy uppey thing. Heater works, in dash rear window switch works, everything works as it should. The carpet presents well but its actually got a tear in it. Wouldn’t pick it unless I pointed it out though. I dumped the centre console when I bought it as it was toast, and haven’t been able to find one better since. I had the idea of putting a fridge in the middle instead.
-Brand new seatbelts in the front. Rear seat and belts are all good. Door trims need some beige paint to get them back good again.
Unfortunately, the same standard as the rest of the cars wiring cant be said for the under dash wiring. Everything works, and will stay working, but it’s a mess under there. Previous owners really did a number on it.
Exterior;
Resprayed in Winter white, was originally yellow, and when I bought it was silver and blue. The paint is an easy 8 or 9/10. No scratches, dents, rust etc obviously. New later model taillights, spare wheel cover etc. All speaks for itself. The rear window key switch also works. Totally new front grille, surrounds, lights etc and new badging. You either love or hate what Ive done with the trims, I built it for me and I thought it was cool. Also has globe mags with near new BFG’s. Every time I drive this I get compliments.
Other stuff;
Custom, 140L alloy tank at the back. I bent the standard style carb sender unit (a new one obviously, why not?), and capped off the fuel outlet, so its just running the gauge in the dash, and now drops into a collet on the top of the tank, under an access panel I made out of 8mm or something ally. Its also vented in a couple of spots. Takes a little while to fill as I was space limited with the size I wanted, and the fill neck is on the side of the tank. I wanted the capacity and the shielding for the pump, so was a happy compromise. In front of the tank sits an inline 044, shielded with more alloy, so you can smash it pretty good and youll still be OK. This is relayed out of the engine bay, not running the Fitech's PWM function, however changing out to a SSR would enable that. Not my thing though.
New fuel lines both ways. These are the reinforced rubber style. The plan was to later convert to teflon to run E85. Obviously wont happen now. Its still totally fine as is though, as I have shielded any rub points and it is well protected the whole way, along with heatshielding in the engine bay.
I didn’t want this loud, so I only put on a single 2.5” exhaust. Its connected to the genie extractors with o2 bungs in them.
New rear brake shoes, drums and springs.
Bad parts-
I havent had time to play with the Fitech enough. I have literally only bolted it, wired it, and drove it. If someone shows interest Ill find some time to fully dial it. It still drives twice as good as any carby youve ever had.
TC case to gearbox join has a slight weap. If youre a big guy and you give me a hand for an hour, Ill fix it for you. Its a very, very small leak though.
This truck passed a roadworthy recently so wont need anything. Honestly, Im putting it out there that it’s the best 1982 Bronco you have or will ever see. The price is $22,000. Im negotiable, but no swaps. Anyone that’s built, or building one, knows that’s very reasonable. Located in Ballarat, Vic. Feel free to share around. 0455505931 no time wasters please

Last edited by Jack91; 01-12-2017 at 08:41 PM. Reason: pics
Jack91 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
6 users like this post:
Old 01-12-2017, 09:03 PM   #2
naddis01
\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

Default Re: (VIC) Ford Bronco XLT 1982

Got any interior pictures Jack?
naddis01 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-12-2017, 09:04 PM   #3
Jack91
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Interestingly no. Its the beige colour though.
Old 03-12-2017, 12:20 PM   #4
Jack91
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Just sold my Chevy, so am very motivated to sell this. Offers will be considered for a quick sale
Old 03-12-2017, 02:19 PM   #5
naddis01
\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack91 View Post
Interestingly no. Its the beige colour though.
Any chance of more photos including interior ones?
naddis01 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-12-2017, 04:20 PM   #6
Jack91
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

[IMG]http://i.cubeupload.com/9BWaeg.jpg[/IMG

2 users like this post:
Old 05-12-2017, 09:47 PM   #7
Jack91
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Can't believe how quick it happened, but looks like this is sold too fellas. Thanks for the interest and kind words from those interested. Nice to see that people like my work.
This user likes this post: