Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 12-09-2005, 03:36 PM   #1
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

Default Exhaust, pics

I had a request by XurbanX to post some pics of my exhaust. so here they are, ill try to get some sound files of the car tonight.

My exhaust is...

2inch mild steel, non mandrel bent.
oval mid muffler 1 7/8 inch diameter hole, the muffler itself is probably around 30-40 cm long.
Rear chambered 2inch muffler with two stainless steel upswept tips.

I painted the exhaust black mainly to try prevent any chance of rusting, even though whenever i wash the car i hose the whole underbody aswell, better to be safe than sorry.
and also it attracts less attention and looks better.

Candy White, Anthracite heated Sports leather seats w/ Red stitching.Tinted Windows, Eibach Pro-Kit springs,Whiteline Front/Rear adjustable sway bars,Cupra R intake, Forge Turbo Inlet pipe,BMC panel filter, APR stage one flash,
Dunlop SP sport MAXX, Forge Polished upper front strut brace. 3'' downpipe and highflow cat

Loads of fun :
mitch_lx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-09-2005, 04:32 PM   #2
Timmeh
Fairmont Ghia

This exhaust sounds hot - and why wouldn't it, done by the very same people that did my system!

It looks classy, the photos there don't do it justice.

Tim
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-09-2005, 05:32 PM   #3
0xyg3n

nah you want one of these. :P

0xyg3n is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-09-2005, 05:54 PM   #4
joshf2
striped

damm, and thats what i wanted to do

looks great

now im going to have to find something else
joshf2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-09-2005, 06:07 PM   #5
Danny
GT4.

I should have an Exhaust sometime in the next few weeks or so. I plan first to get it lowered next week at Donnellans in Box Hill for $350. I also took off my air filter box/engine cover and connected a little pod breather to the rocker cover breather outlet so the engine looks more purposeful. Looks great without the Airbox now! Looking forward to my future mods anyways!
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-09-2005, 07:15 PM   #6
MISTA FIESTA
Da Shifty One

Howdy

Here is some piccies of mine
My exhaust is...

2inch mild steel, non mandrel bent.
oval mid muffler dont know the diameter hole, the muffler itself is probably around 30cm long.
Rear chambered 2inch muffler with two stainless steel 3inch tips.

<br>

This is an ugly picture after 2 months of wear, but it is now all back
Old 12-09-2005, 07:47 PM   #7
xurbanx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

wow! those look good! was it carline mufflers? theres a branch down in warrigal that ill pay a visit to during the holidays (:
a friend of mine got quoted 2.2g's is that the whole packpage? where the catback's are for note?

lol oxygen, that looks hot (:
xurbanx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-09-2005, 07:58 PM   #8
Timmeh
Fairmont Ghia

For 2.2g you'd want the whole package, including extractors, high flow cat, hot dog, and high flow muffler, finished with a chrome or stainless tip.

A cat-back muffler might not be as deep as a full system, but for a quarter of the price, it improves it alot.

Tim
Old 12-09-2005, 08:06 PM   #9
Al...

i think for 2.2g's i would be getting more quotes... thats way too much
Al... is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-09-2005, 08:24 PM   #10
chown
_ObLiViOuS_

Here is my exhaust, its a 2 inch high flow lukey catback, non mandrel bend and mild steel. Not sure on the other specs, cost me $350....(a little dirty:(..)

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b2..._/100_1792.jpg

shannon

RED FEZ>> http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b282/_ChOwN_/6047c746.jpg
chown is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-09-2005, 09:50 PM   #11
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

2.2g's, that's a rip off.
galaxy xr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-09-2005, 10:04 PM   #12
Timmeh
Fairmont Ghia

If you've ever priced up a stainless system with extractors, high flow cat, a couple mufflers, custom piping, and all done on a dyno for best performance, than you'll know 2.2g is not a rip off. I can see who has only ever priced up a basic mild steel off the shelf cat-back setup that they assume is going to give them amazing results, or else you'd know quality high flow systems cost money, its pure and simple.

Galaxy XR8 - you have "Herrod mods", the Herrod setup for the BA XR8 is, as quoted from their site, Supplied and fitted: $3220.00.

2.2g doesn't seem so bad now, does it!

Note: I would not be happy paying 2.2g either, I would be looking for better quotes, but just stating the fact that it's not a blind rip-off quote unless it was for a mild steel cat back system.

Tim
Old 12-09-2005, 10:24 PM   #13
b2tf
not here much anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmeh
If you've ever priced up a stainless system with extractors, high flow cat, a couple mufflers, custom piping, and all done on a dyno for best performance, than you'll know 2.2g is not a rip off. I can see who has only ever priced up a basic mild steel off the shelf cat-back setup that they assume is going to give them amazing results, or else you'd know quality high flow systems cost money, its pure and simple.

Galaxy XR8 - you have "Herrod mods", the Herrod setup for the BA XR8 is, as quoted from their site, Supplied and fitted: $3220.00.

2.2g doesn't seem so bad now, does it!

Note: I would not be happy paying 2.2g either, I would be looking for better quotes, but just stating the fact that it's not a blind rip-off quote unless it was for a mild steel cat back system.

Tim
A Fiesta isnt exactly an XR8 though is it. I personally find that quote very excessive - the quote I have for my Focus for supply and fit of headers, hiflo cat, stainless tip and mild steel system is under $1500.
Old 12-09-2005, 10:31 PM   #14
Timmeh
Fairmont Ghia

Thats why the XR8 is quoted at 3.2g not 2.2g. And a stainless system is usually an extra $500 to $1000 on the price of a mild steel system, as you quoted, so I stand by what I said.

Tim
Old 13-09-2005, 07:30 AM   #15
joshf2
striped

but if youve ever seen under the bonnet of an xr8, and you'll realise that there's bugger all space to work with

from what i remember, changing the headers on the boss motor requires lifting the engine out

i'd say that a pretty big reason to have to fork out 3.2k
joshf2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-09-2005, 07:39 AM   #16
Timmeh
Fairmont Ghia

Of course the V8 is more for a number of reasons, including two individual extractors. That's why Herrods full stainless system on the BA XR6 - which is what you would get for the Fiesta, only with two extra pipes on the extractors (and of course an inch bigger), costs $2,300.

It's all about products and labour. And making as much money from the consumer as possible.

Tim
Old 13-09-2005, 07:55 PM   #17
Pieoter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I was quoted $1600 for a full stainless steel 2.25inch system form high tech mufflers.
Pieoter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-09-2005, 10:25 PM   #18
Timmeh
Fairmont Ghia

Nice price! 2.25 inch is probably the upper limit I would go for an exhaust system for a 1.6L car though, I'd personally go for a 2 inch system.

Tim
Old 14-09-2005, 03:42 PM   #19
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

Default Exhaust, pics

Tim, didnt carline do a before and after dyno for your car with a 2 1/4 inch system and just a 2inch system and get better results from the 2"??

I personally wouldnt get a 2.25 inch system on an engine this small.
I think even if i owned something like a mazda 3 with the 2 litre engine id still only get 2inch.
the right amount of backpressure is a small 4cylinders best friend
Candy White, Anthracite heated Sports leather seats w/ Red stitching.Tinted Windows, Eibach Pro-Kit springs,Whiteline Front/Rear adjustable sway bars,Cupra R intake, Forge Turbo Inlet pipe,BMC panel filter, APR stage one flash,
Dunlop SP sport MAXX, Forge Polished upper front strut brace. 3'' downpipe and highflow cat

Loads of fun :
Old 14-09-2005, 05:41 PM   #20
Timmeh
Fairmont Ghia

That is correct Mitch, yeah.

Each to their own

Tim
Old 18-09-2005, 11:16 AM   #21
azza1
black zetec

g'day boys and girls. Yes you guessed it another zetec newby is on the line. Only 1100 on the clock and was wondering if any of you have had a light grinding noise when in second under sligt load. Not sure if i should be concerned.
azza1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-09-2005, 11:23 AM   #22
azza1
black zetec

Default I think i'm getting ripped

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny
I should have an Exhaust sometime in the next few weeks or so. I plan first to get it lowered next week at Donnellans in Box Hill for $350. I also took off my air filter box/engine cover and connected a little pod breather to the rocker cover breather outlet so the engine looks more purposeful. Looks great without the Airbox now! Looking forward to my future mods anyways!

Donellans Box Hill hey. I got quoted $550 by Pedders in moorabbin. Might have to follow your example on that one. How much better does the engine sound with the pod?
Old 18-09-2005, 11:43 AM   #23
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by azza1
g'day boys and girls. Yes you guessed it another zetec newby is on the line. Only 1100 on the clock and was wondering if any of you have had a light grinding noise when in second under sligt load. Not sure if i should be concerned.

Hmm well i know the fiesta engine is noisey, sounds like a diesel at very low engine speeds.
Try to figure out if its the engine your hearing or the gears themselves.
Id say its not at all normal for the gears to be grinding, take it back to
*shudders* Ford *shudders* and ask for their *shudders* Opinion *shudders*
They will most likely not know what your car is, as ive been frequently asked by people at ford.... '': is that !?''
They wont have a clue what the problem is :ymca: but if anything does go wrong in the future you can always say ''look up your records i came in on this date for you to check out why the gearbox was grinding and making funny noises, now that its Shagged YOU FIX IT " :jab:

Loads of fun :
Old 18-09-2005, 08:06 PM   #24
azza1
black zetec

It is a noisy engine, but that's not what I'm hearing. I'll have to get it sorted at my 3k check up. I thought it might be some sort of a running in thing, obviously not. If you're in VIC and having problems with ford, try the Jefferson Ford service centre in Moorabbin, good blokes..
Old 18-09-2005, 08:14 PM   #25
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I paid around $1200 for a full exhaust system on the XR6. And I thought that was expensive. $2,200 for an exhaust on a 4 pot seems excessive. I am more than happy with my standard system on my focus. 1.8 lite engine hardly screams performance from its massive 85kw engine. : Think I'll stick with the stock items
Bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post