Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Ford Car Clubs > Falcon GT club of SA > General Discussion

Old 05-08-2016, 08:27 AM   #1
Paul Spencer
Starter Motor

Default Xb with missing i.d. Plate

Hi. I've just joined and this is my first post. I have recently purchased a matching numbers 1976 Ford XB 302 V8 ute which I am currently restoring. The vehicle does not have either compliance or Body I.D. plates. How can I find out what model and options it had - ie information that would have been stamped on the plate? The engine/chassis number is JG40SA81416K. Thanks for any help. Paul.
Paul Spencer is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 05-08-2016, 04:43 PM   #2
Paull
P6 LTD

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For all the hard work performed around paint, trim, engine codes in the Classics section. General all round knwoledge and willingness to impart on others 
Default Re: Xb with missing i.d. Plate

Have a look here

http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11225420

At any rate;
JG - Aus build in Broadmeadows
40 - Utility
S - 1976
A - March

Phone: 13-FORD or email customers@fordcrc.com.au

When contacting CRC, they can tell you what options your car came out with. What you should be able to tell straight up is options such as GS Pack, twin exhaust etc.

Have you contacted the local coppers to ensure that the car is not stolen as well as you will be able to license the car, without VIN plates?
Paull is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-08-2016, 05:26 PM   #3
XB GS 351 Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I would be wondering what happened to the plates.

I would also be making enquiries with the police and motor registry in relation to the vehicle, it's ID and history, no point spending money on it if it turns out to be stolen, or can not be registered for what ever reason.

The Week End Bruiser : FPV BF GT 40th Anniversary, 6 Speed Manual, 6/4 Brembo and lots of Herrod goodies

Project 1 : '75 XB GS 351 Ute, Toploader, 9" with 3.5's

Project 2 : '74 XB GS Big Block Coupe, Toploader, 9" with 4.11's

In Storage : '74 XB GS 351 Fairmont Sedan

XB Falcon Owners Group

Mike's Man Cave

XB GS 351 Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-08-2016, 07:32 PM   #4
Paul Spencer
Starter Motor

Thanks for your advice. Before I purchased the ute I noticed that there was a Victorian number plate in the back tray and rang VicRoads in order to find out whether there will be any problems registering it when it's restored. They confirmed that the plate did match the description of the vehicle and advised that the last time it was registered was in 2001. Apparently, as long as they can verify that the vehicle has been registered in the past, there shouldn't be an issue with getting registration without I.D. plates. I will check with the Police as well as you suggested.
Paul Spencer is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post