Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-06-2018, 06:24 PM   #24
rondeo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Engine malfunction warning and P244C DTC

Quote:
Originally Posted by bundybear75 View Post
Well the saga continues.....

When I got home Thursday PM the Mondeo had just started a burn, so I left it running (at idle) for 10 minutes whilst it completed.

Started up this morning to drive to work (i didn't have Forscan up) and Engine Malfunction warning again and this time limp mode.

Pulled over and scanned, got DTC P2002C - DPF efficiency below threshold

Reset OK and monitored the gauges. the DPF_LOAD gauge was at 0% and DPF_SOOT_LD at 25%

After about 5 minutes of driving the DPF_LOAD jumped from 0% to 25% and climbed as normal to 61% by the time I got to work (120km). It should be due for a burn about half way home so hopefully will complete a successful burn and continue on.

I have to say I'm about over these DPF problems.....

Same happened to me this afternoon: engine malfunction warning and limp mode!

Pulled over and scanned:

DTC P2002C - DPF efficiency below threshold

The DPF_LOAD gauge was at 0% and DPF_SOOT_LD at 32%.

Some time later after restarting the DPF_LOAD value was 43%.

Did some googling and found this interesting forum post, post #4:

http://www.thedieselstop.com/forums/...2-code-311269/

The DPF_LOAD value is calculated by the pcm from various input data from the engine management system etc. In other words it's what the pcm thinks it should be.

On the other hand DPF_SOOT_LD is inferred from the pressure differential across the DPF.

Anyway I took a look at the hoses to the pressure sensor and they were fine.

I'll keep driving it as is, on the assumption that there has been a glitch, or else an intermittent sensor/circuit fault.
rondeo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post