Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 14-02-2006, 08:30 PM   #1
raiki

Default V8 power steering pump pulley

Guys/Girls

I am pulling down another V8 to build up for the EF. The trouble I have now is I can't get the pulley of the power steering pump. Any suggestions ????

EF Fairmont, V8, Pacemaker Headers, hiflow sports cats, redback muffler, DBA Gold rotors, Tickford body styling kit, suspension and rims, heritage green, JVC MP3.

XB Coupe, 351C, +30 Speed-Pro hyper pistons, closed chamber heads, BlueRacer cam, Crane lifters, manley pushrods, crane roller rockers, double valve springs, Street Torker manifold, 650 holley squarebore, 4 into 1 headers, twin 2.25" exhaust, 16" thermo, tricked C4, B&M starshifter, LSD 9", discs all round.
raiki is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-02-2006, 08:43 PM   #2
svo347
AFF's 1st DM.......

Location: Wha???... There is only 2 states 2 be in.. WA or Drunk..

Do you have the proper puller/installer
Quote:
Originally Posted by zetec
I know what lengths they go to to ensure it's more than just a Ford sticker on the part. Ford doesn't throw it's name on anything for a quick buck.
06 Turbo Terri AWD 6 sp in Neo with stuff i didnt even need, side steps,15.2 inch roof mounted DVD,Pioneer $tezza,Selby 30/18mm swaybars,debunged,100 cpsi Ballistic cat,Plazmaman under battery Cai injectors 14/lb boost,ZF tuned,Xtreme's magic. :
svo347 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-02-2006, 08:50 PM   #3
raiki

Quote:
Originally Posted by svo347
Do you have the proper puller/installer
That would be a big no.

EF Fairmont, V8, Pacemaker Headers, hiflow sports cats, redback muffler, DBA Gold rotors, Tickford body styling kit, suspension and rims, heritage green, JVC MP3.

XB Coupe, 351C, +30 Speed-Pro hyper pistons, closed chamber heads, BlueRacer cam, Crane lifters, manley pushrods, crane roller rockers, double valve springs, Street Torker manifold, 650 holley squarebore, 4 into 1 headers, twin 2.25" exhaust, 16" thermo, tricked C4, B&M starshifter, LSD 9", discs all round.
Old 14-02-2006, 08:56 PM   #4
fairmont1998
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

You need them. Your best bet would be to take the whole pump/bracket to a place with the tools and have them seperate the pulley for you. Buying the Remover/installer will set you back about $250

2012 KK Jeep Cherokee Limited CRD - Still going strong
2019 MG ZS Essence
1988 RD Mitsubishi Colt GL - 59kW of Fury
2022 Kia Stinger GT
fairmont1998 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-02-2006, 09:01 PM   #5
svo347
AFF's 1st DM.......

Bugga you need a specific puller/installer to remove it.
If you were in Perth id say you were in luck....
Litchfield make a cheap puller/installer in one tool.
Quote:
I know what lengths they go to to ensure it's more than just a Ford sticker on the part. Ford doesn't throw it's name on anything for a quick buck.
06 Turbo Terri AWD 6 sp in Neo with stuff i didnt even need, side steps,15.2 inch roof mounted DVD,Pioneer $tezza,Selby 30/18mm swaybars,debunged,100 cpsi Ballistic cat,Plazmaman under battery Cai injectors 14/lb boost,ZF tuned,Xtreme's magic. :
Old 14-02-2006, 09:03 PM   #6
svo347
AFF's 1st DM.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairmont1998
You need them. Your best bet would be to take the whole pump/bracket to a place with the tools and have them seperate the pulley for you.
agreed unless the accessory bracket is already bolted to the engine, you'll have to get the tool as the bolts to remove the bracket are underneath the pully...
Typical ford
Quote:
Old 14-02-2006, 09:05 PM   #7
raiki

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairmont1998
You need them. Your best bet would be to take the whole pump/bracket to a place with the tools and have them seperate the pulley for you. Buying the Remover/installer will set you back about $250
Hmm let me think, $250 to remove and replace a pulley once and never use it again. Don't think so.

Thaks guys, I'll take it Ford to get it done.

Old 14-02-2006, 09:06 PM   #8
svo347
AFF's 1st DM.......

I got mine for $70.
Quote:
Old 14-02-2006, 09:31 PM   #9
raiki

Quote:
agreed unless the accessory bracket is already bolted to the engine, you'll have to get the tool as the bolts to remove the bracket are underneath the pully...
Typical ford
With perserverance I got the accessory bracket off the engine, so I don't need to get the pump off right now. What I wanted to do was get it out, cleaned and poslished. I am in the process of polishing my explorer manifold and am looking into getting the engine covered chrome plated. Agreed there is a fine line between polish/chrome and rice but it's something I want to do.

Old 04-03-2006, 08:23 PM   #10
DentEd XR8

Quote:
I got mine for $70.
Where From? I had the same dramas today, not only do I need to get the pump fixed, I now need a new pulley too cos I bent it trying to get the damned thing off.
Old 04-03-2006, 09:39 PM   #11
64compact

a heap of cheap pullers and installers on the market and you pay $70 - $250 for them and they only last one use. as the threads strip on them or they fxxxzc the thread in the pump and break the land of the pulley. so buy a good one or just pay $40 to have it changed at a grarge
64compact is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-03-2006, 09:48 PM   #12
64compact

i have some new prototype pullers and installers coming out in 2 weeks and they are the ducks nuts of puller / installerfor power steering pump and water pump pulleys, i have used the origional one on 100 pumps for testing and it is as new. I know you want one now but it won't be aviable for at least 2 more months as the prototypes are going in to power steering places for final assessment.
64compact is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-03-2006, 10:18 PM   #13
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

you could hire one from a tool place 30$
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-03-2006, 01:53 PM   #14
DentEd XR8

Quote:
Originally Posted by 64compact
a heap of cheap pullers and installers on the market and you pay $70 - $250 for them and they only last one use. as the threads strip on them or they fxxxzc the thread in the pump and break the land of the pulley. so buy a good one or just pay $40 to have it changed at a grarge
Exactly what happened to the harmonic balancer puller I bought from repco for $70, used it a couple of times and the thread stripped out right when I needed the tool most, now I'm off to buy a new one cos I need it so I can get the car going
Old 12-05-2011, 04:02 PM   #15
inore

Default Re: V8 power steering pump pulley

this old thread mentioned a pulley remover/installer available in perth....has anyone got one they would like to hire me for a weekend and a six pack of bourbon and coke or some cash?
For a Thompson pump.
inore is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-05-2011, 10:26 AM   #16
blownv8au
Pro Street Au Ute

mate you went and got my hopes up when i started reading this thread then get to the end a its bloody 5 years old lol. So does anyone know where you can get a quality puller and installer without paying the earth?
blownv8au is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-05-2011, 10:34 AM   #17
Sorted
OzEcruisers PRESIDENT

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: For all the contributions you make to the AFF community. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mik
you could hire one from a tool place 30$
Can you hire one as this guy said?

Tuned by DYNOMOTIVE

200BUX - AFF Drag Nats 2019 EF Wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by rednose View Post
Common knowledge that the more weight you take out of the car the less power you need to run the time.
Sorted is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-05-2011, 08:31 PM   #18
pcman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

http://www.autotools.com.au/catalogu...intro.php/1/44
pcman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-04-2014, 06:05 AM   #19
1ktm30001
Starter Motor

How do I get pulley of power steering pump
From a xb coupe I have it unbolted of motor
Any tips much appreciated
1ktm30001 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-04-2014, 09:45 AM   #20
1ktm30001
Starter Motor

Any tips foxtrot?
1ktm30001 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-04-2014, 10:23 PM   #21
gregaust
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Greg always goes out of his way to provide assistance and support to members of AFF. Greg freely shares his knowledge with people who ask for help and often assists them with obtaining parts and repairs.  A great member of the AFF community. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always happy to offer assistance from his own experiences and often posts up photos when someone is having issues finding/locating something they are trying to repair or replace. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ktm30001 View Post
How do I get pulley of power steering pump
From a xb coupe I have it unbolted of motor
Any tips much appreciated
There is NO other way to remove without damage other than having the correct tool .
gregaust is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post