Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Closed Thread

Old 03-08-2007, 04:32 PM   #181
DBourne
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmyers
E-series was not a registered club prior to all this, AFF went behind the E-series board members backs and registered the club for themselves, which now means AFF have total control of the E-series club and it's future. That's the basics of it...
when you say e-series wasn't a registered club, how do you mean? can't anyone one make a car club? or is there a specific register that you have to be on to be recognised?

such a shame that this kinda argument is going on :(
Old 03-08-2007, 04:32 PM   #182
XRated
Shoot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmyers
It's a sad time for e-series, I used to believe that i'd stick by the club through hell and high water, but the recent issues that have come up have really made me think twice about my future on these forums. I was ALWAYS opposed to the merger with AFF, mainly because i never saw the need. Tho I tolerated it, as long as we were still our own "club" and we had the final say on decisions being made within it. I even tolerated the recent bannings of long time members, tho i did not necessarily agree with them. But this has really gone too far! AFF have forgotten that this is not a sub-section of your forums, yet you treat it like your own. I may seem to be a little melodramatic here, but as long as the E-series club name is owned by AFF, I will not be posting and will be removing the e-series stickers that adourne my car....
I'm with you Steve. I think a lot of those saying it's a fantastic move and that it has the best interests in the 'Club' are being naive to the fact that it is not AFF's right to register the name that was not created by them. It's simple really: AFF was (is) a host (a generous gesture) for a Club made by the enthusiasts with the sole interest of the E-Series members. A host, nothing more, nothing less.

By the way, the stickers associated with fordforums.com.au were removed along time ago.

I don't really have anything more to say... Oh yeah, except for you Polyal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by polyal
Are the people who currently own e series going to have these cars forever? Probably not. So, that means that your involvement in the club well most likely end once you get a new ride. Fair enough you might pop in now and then to see whats going on, but you wont be going to cruises etc or be asking for tech advice.
Good advice. I also have a suggestion; get a life, pi ss off elsewhere, and stop sticking your brown-nose in everything.

20V Turbo

Old 03-08-2007, 04:42 PM   #183
nommic
EL Monty Ghia

Who owns deleted link?

If we were to have a forum, wouldn't that be the logical place for it? I say we set up a forum there, vote in the board (probably the same people it is/was anyway), and be done with it. AFF could hand over control of the club to the board, or cancel the club registration.
Old 03-08-2007, 04:50 PM   #184
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

Given that we have now resorted to insults against individuals this thread will be closed pending a response to the formal request we made of the E-Series representatives and further consideration by the AFF admin team.

Russ

Observatio Facta Rotae

Old 03-08-2007, 10:39 PM   #185
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

Good evening

We have discussed the various commentary made today at some length this evening as a complete admin team and have made the following determinations:

1. We will accept the view of those that we have heard from (thus far) that there has been a breakdown in the relationship between AFF and the "club" that renders it impossible to progress in a cohesive unit. EFFalcon has made his views crystal clear in the posts today and his comments on the web site and we have no wish to continue an involvement under those circumstances.

2. In light of the decision above we will cease to act as hosts for the "club" forum in accordance with the wishes of the leadership.

3. This means that we will cease any and all affiliation with the association of individuals referred to as the E-Series Owners Club and any alternate term by which they may become known in the future.

4. We will rename the present forum in accordance with our wishes and build a formal club structure around that Those who wish to participate are welcome.

5. We will seek to have the present registration that was the topic of this thread rescinded in due course.

Regards
AFF Admin Team

Observatio Facta Rotae

Closed Thread