Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 29-05-2007, 04:42 PM   #1
ed ant

Default how do you rate ct18 superwash as a car wash

how would you rate a truck wash called ct-18 superwash to wash your car

Old 29-05-2007, 04:45 PM   #2
webby_191189
low wagooon

Love the stuff. Works great. Where i used to work as a mechanic we used it to pressure wash engine bays and guards and it come up great. Even takes bugs of bull bars

webby_191189 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-05-2007, 06:13 PM   #3
smally289
growing up is optional

Awesome stuff.

Works a treat as a degreaser too. The longer you leave it on, the better.
smally289 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-05-2007, 06:30 PM   #4
Road Games

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Replacement. 

If you are a FREAK spray it all under your car. Rub it in all tha nooks an crannies, with a bannister brush , 2hrs later hose it off . 4hours after that spray underside components with Its so easy, an i mean everything, Gentle buf with old rags & your car looks Brand New! Uptop & Underneath, I love tha stuff :
Road Games is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 29-05-2007, 07:22 PM   #5
sphell
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

geez if you can use it as a degreaser, dunno if i'd be happy with putting it on my paint!
sphell is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-05-2007, 07:29 PM   #6
snypereb
[EBGLT]

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech article(s) 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sphell
geez if you can use it as a degreaser, dunno if i'd be happy with putting it on my paint!
Second that .

Become an E-Series Owners Club Member Today!
http://eseries.com.au/index.php/membership/
snypereb is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-05-2007, 07:35 PM   #7
Road Games

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Replacement. 

Are you blokes for real? How do ya think the Lifeblood of australia keep their rigs looking shmick ??? It doesn,t F^%#K your paintwork!!! And if you took the time to wax your car EVERY week you would know that ... Just use it .... :
Road Games is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-05-2007, 08:17 PM   #8
webby_191189
low wagooon

i have heard of it wreckin paint but thats if you leave it on for a long period of time. If you mix it with water or spray it on with a gun then was it off you will have no problems. Its only if you put it on concentrated and leave it for a while

webby_191189 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-05-2007, 08:25 PM   #9
RIPGMH
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

A mate would use it on his bullbar after a long trip. After 2 years the clear coat on the bonnet where the overspray of CT18 would hit was flaking away but the rest of the car was fine. Probably would be okay if you washed it off straight away but there are hundreds of actual car washes out there why would you risk it?
RIPGMH is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-05-2007, 09:41 PM   #10
Rollin
Banned

I'm not a fan.

Great for engine bays but kills paint (at least paint without a clear coat)

I had a Le Mans red EB XR and used to wash it at work every friday, using that stuff.

I could never understand why the paint would go dull so quickly after I polished it :(

Then we stopped washing cars at work so I bought some maguires car wash and started using that - my paint stayed glossy for SO much longer!

ct18 = good for engine bays, bad for paint!
Rollin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-05-2007, 10:31 PM   #11
Aaron_EF8
Oops, I slipped....

I used to love CT18...

When I could steal gallons of it from work :P

It's a hell of a lot better than dishwashing detergent, but there are better washes out there for cars. Trucks generally have different paint to cars.

1984 XE S-Pack 250 Sno White - LPG - Single Rail - 2.5" Exhaust

"Just because you don't understand something, does not make it wrong"

Aaron_EF8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-05-2007, 10:39 AM   #12
Sundeep
Banned

I can remember the days when I used to wash the old lady's EA with a scourer and dishwashing liquid lol... now the car's mine and re-sprayed, I cringe when I think I used to do that.

Only top brand wash 'n wax and a quality sponge touches it now. In the 2 years without a cut it stayed almost 99% streak free.

Sundeep
Sundeep is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-05-2007, 12:02 PM   #13
EF Futura 07
14.915 @ 151 KPH

i use the CT20 its a bit better than 18 works a treat drys streak free on you windows :

EL XR Front, 16 inch Tickford's, Superlow's Front/Rear with Monroe GT Sport's : , XR6T Snorkle/Fram Filter, 4499's/Hi Flow Cat/2.5 inch Redback, 4.11's/LSD, 5% Tint, Sony Head Unit/ 6 1/2 Inch 190w Speaker's
: 14.915 @ 151 kph 60' 2.254 :
EF Futura 07 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-05-2007, 12:41 PM   #14
XRated
Shoot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dose
I can remember the days when I used to wash the old lady's EA with a scourer and dishwashing liquid lol...
Bahahahahahahaha no wonder you resprayed!

20V Turbo

XRated is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-05-2007, 09:21 PM   #15
private9
www.TUFFCARPARTS.com

I've damaged paint quite a few times with CT18, so I wouldn't recommend it.
private9 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-05-2007, 10:27 PM   #16
schmidty
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by private9
I've damaged paint quite a few times with CT18, so I wouldn't recommend it.

I'll second that. We stopped using it on our trucks, because although it does get them clean, it is so harsh on your paint. Eats the wax right off, and eventually takes your clearcoat with it.

I only use it on my motorbike now, makes washing that heaps easier.

We moved to a more gentle wash, that is cheaper too, and seems fine on the cars. You've gotta actually wash with a sponge though, where as the ct 18 you could just foam on and spray off. Its called speedy, and you can pick it up for about $40 for a 20L drum from advance chemicals in altona.

If the bulk buying thing isnt an issue, i still think that by far the best you can use on your car is meguiars NXT wash. brilliant stuff, and smells tasty too!
schmidty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-05-2007, 11:52 PM   #17
private9
www.TUFFCARPARTS.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by schmidty
I'll second that. We stopped using it on our trucks, because although it does get them clean, it is so harsh on your paint. Eats the wax right off, and eventually takes your clearcoat with it.

I only use it on my motorbike now, makes washing that heaps easier.

We moved to a more gentle wash, that is cheaper too, and seems fine on the cars. You've gotta actually wash with a sponge though, where as the ct 18 you could just foam on and spray off. Its called speedy, and you can pick it up for about $40 for a 20L drum from advance chemicals in altona.

If the bulk buying thing isnt an issue, i still think that by far the best you can use on your car is meguiars NXT wash. brilliant stuff, and smells tasty too!
Yeah, I had a cheapy respray done on a kombi and we used to have competitions to see how much paint we could get flaking off after a wash.
private9 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post