Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 01-11-2014, 01:22 AM   #1
XLTDP63

Default pacemakers or wildcat?

Hi all.

have just had the lukey 561 headers on my Fairmont replaced due to them being cracked. I went with wildcat headers due to budget reasons and they are awful compared to the system that was on it Now I cant weld up the lukeys and bolt them back on because the tailpipe has been changed to suit the wildcats.

So I'm thinking of going pacemakers. is there any noticeable improvement between the pacemakers and wildcats? performance, sound and loudness?

thanks

XLTDP63 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-11-2014, 09:09 PM   #2
Falcman0o7
Banned

Default Re: pacemakers or wildcat?

Pacemakers are the best! They seem to be the only company that make them right.
Falcman0o7 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-11-2014, 09:12 PM   #3
tut0r
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Most people say pacemaker or hurricane, only complaints I have heard towards pacemaker are, the welds break over time and the ceramic coating is **** but these are very few complaints and they seem to be the top contender at the moment for noise and performance....Hence why I am going the 4495s

Mods to Date
Ceramic Coated Pacemaker 4495s
2.5" Dual Venom exhaust,
Bluepower CAI
Eaton True Trac with 3.9s
20% Underdrive
EcoLpi Motor

RWKW: 200.0
Nm: 394

Mods to Follow
Supercharger
T56 Conversion TR6060
tut0r is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-11-2014, 10:33 PM   #4
Sox
RIP...

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: As recommended by Ropcher. Personifies the spirit of AFF. 

I'm not keen on the Pacemakers, their primaries are 1 5/8", the better headers are 1 1/2".

I6 headers with 1 1/2" primary, 2" secondary, and 2 1/2" outlet generally make the best power.