Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

View Poll Results: EA Brock?
It`s a great car and a peice of motoring history. 54 44.63%
It`s just a EA S-pac with some badges and a signature. 67 55.37%
Voters: 121. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-05-2007, 03:23 PM   #61
ThoR_
Holdens Fall Apart!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyal
Isn't it weird that the EA, the "worst falcon ever" (wtf, surely its the XF) had so many genuine aftermarket specials. I cant think any other model that had so many; perhaps lack of V8 made this so but its interesting.
I dont rekon. A good cond XF done up is a nice car. They look alot better than EA`s and there more reliable. IMO
Old 12-05-2007, 04:58 PM   #62
irsa76
Snoopping

Brock saw the EA as a chance to do something more european in flavour compared to his previous race special Commodores. The fact it was the EA rather then the VN was simply a case of his situation at the time, remember at the time Ford was looking into a factory enhancement outfit like HSV and Brock was just one of a number of interested parties. From all accounts they were ahead of their time in that they combined euro style and handling in an Australian car. This and Brock's Holden history probably had more to do with their low sales then anything else.
irsa76 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-03-2008, 11:41 PM   #63
Serial_Fool
Whipper Snappa

Has anyone got any factory specs for the EA Brocks?

And @ all the people dissing EAs. We all know the EA was the very first of a new generation of Falcons and thats why so many teething troubles happened. It also happened with the VN Commodore but was less know about.

EA Spack T5s with the LSD were pretty fast for the time and were pretty much the only Ford that was "performance" option. High 15's for the 1/4 mile.
The EA had the same auto/manual gearbox as the XF Series 2 so I dont know where you are getting off saying they were made of glass and the Series 2 bought about the 4spd BTR that was used untill 2002.

Plus the Fairmont Ghia was optioned with the 5 Speed manual- I think it was the last model to do so.

All of the problems mentioned were easily fixed by Ford and the EAs running around today are just as reliable as the latter Eb2s/Eds.
Old 30-03-2008, 12:48 PM   #64
fourl6
AU Falcon Man

i dont think there anything special... iv seenpeople trying to sell them for 10k+... a mate brought one for 1500... nice clean car but its still a EA... i think brock got replaced buy tickford when they came to Aus...?

2015 SZ MkII Ford Territory TS
Aero Blue, RWD Petrol, Standard Sat Nav.

2013 TF Ford Kuga Ambiente
Panther Black, AWD, 6 Speed Auto, 1.6lt ecoBoost Turbo Petrol.

Was
2012 FG Mk2 Ford Falcon XR6
Swift Green,6 Speed Auto, Stock...

2001 AUIII Ford Falcon Forte
Genuine T2 TS50 bodykit, 18" BF Cobras, Boge and Eibach Suspension and Complete AU2 Fairmont Ghia Interior

1994 EF Ford Fairmont
Gun Metal Grey, Lumpy Straight 6
fourl6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-03-2008, 01:29 PM   #65
dave289
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cam.giles
i dont think there anything special... iv seenpeople trying to sell them for 10k+... a mate brought one for 1500... nice clean car but its still a EA... i think brock got replaced buy tickford when they came to Aus...?
If you bought one for $1500 then you might have a chance of it going up in value if your lucky.just my opinion.ea series was good in their day, liked the s pac and ghia,top styling in ea ghia for its day.but these days I find the ea a very undesirable car and cant see their value increasing no matter who has their name on it.Personally I find this car an insult to Peter Brock(while im a ford man brocky has always been my favourite race car driver since i was a kid).I could never own one of these out of respect for Peter Brock and would be embarassed to drive something that does not deserve to bear his name.once again just my opinion but probably one shared by many.
dave289 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-03-2008, 01:39 PM   #66
Windsor220
Now Fordless

Has anyone got any proof (internet link etc) that the Brock engine is worked? I was always under the impression that they were standard with an exhaust. The reviews i've seen on them says the same.

Not starting an argument here just surprised to hear there was some engine work done.
Windsor220 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-03-2008, 11:02 PM   #67
CRN
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torxteer
Has anyone got any proof (internet link etc) that the Brock engine is worked? I was always under the impression that they were standard with an exhaust. The reviews i've seen on them says the same.

Not starting an argument here just surprised to hear there was some engine work done.
just been reading this website http://www.geocities.com/brock_fords/article.html

From the website:

"Austech also boosted the engine from 139kW to a claimed 164.5kW, helped by an extractor exhaust system with a twin pipe exit and twin catalytic converters which continued as a dual system until the main muffler.

COUPLED with an upgraded camshaft, engine management tweaks and cold air intake modifications, Austech claimed these improvements also reduced emissions while boosting performance."
CRN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-03-2008, 12:29 AM   #68
fourl6
AU Falcon Man

might be somthing hear... http://www.geocities.com/brock_fords/

2015 SZ MkII Ford Territory TS
Aero Blue, RWD Petrol, Standard Sat Nav.

2013 TF Ford Kuga Ambiente
Panther Black, AWD, 6 Speed Auto, 1.6lt ecoBoost Turbo Petrol.

Was
2012 FG Mk2 Ford Falcon XR6
Swift Green,6 Speed Auto, Stock...

2001 AUIII Ford Falcon Forte
Genuine T2 TS50 bodykit, 18" BF Cobras, Boge and Eibach Suspension and Complete AU2 Fairmont Ghia Interior

1994 EF Ford Fairmont
Gun Metal Grey, Lumpy Straight 6
fourl6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-04-2008, 10:02 AM   #69
futura95
Starter Motor

Just google "Brock falcon" the first thing that comes up takes you to one that is for sale for $15k buil #001 !!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-04-2008, 11:23 AM   #70
naughtyfalcon
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThoR_
I dont rekon. A good cond XF done up is a nice car. They look alot better than EA`s and there more reliable. IMO
didn't want to bring up such an old thread but had to,

haveing owned both an xf and an ea i have to say the ea is far better than the xf ever was.

the xf was a petrol guzzler and unreliable tosay the
least.

the ignition system wasn't the best and the carby was a pain in the ***.

changed it from a 3 speed auto to a 4 speed manual and it went from bad to worse.

the ea has only let us down 3 times,,twice in the one day because of the distributor,not uncommon on other e series and once because i stuffed up.

we only replaced the 3.9 with a 4 because we got the 4 litre off a member here for a real good price,we put an el transmission in it because it was $450 and $250 to have it fitted at a workshop of our choice.

you need to remmeber that the ea was a landmark design and was rushed into sale before all testing was done and bugs fixed.

there are lemons in all classes and series of any motor vehicle produced,just need to read all the problems people are haveing with there ba's and terries.

and to say that the problems are restricted to the ea's is very narrow minded to say the least.

if it wasn't for the ground breaking design there would be no eb,ed,ef,el's.

and unlike some other fords once the problem was fixed in an ea it usually never recoured,ie warping brakes.

just the opinion of someone who has owned both an xf and still ownes an ea.
Old 01-04-2008, 02:34 PM   #71
Dezza
Parts bin special

^^ Very true

In fact my aunt and uncle have had a lot more problems with their EL than I have had with my EA. I've done one headgasket while they've done 3. They've had heaps of major problems, mine have mostly been minor. This is also comparing an EA that gets thrashed to an EL that wouldn't even go to 4000rpm. kms are similar too.

As for XF looking better than EA, Thor, don't make me laugh! The EA looks 20x better. They've aged really well while XFs look ancient now... and don't get me started on the rust situation! EAs clearly superior in that regard.

Daily 2010 FG XR50T ute - Lightning Strike
6 speed manual, XR8 bonnet, hardlid, Streetfighter airbox

Previous Cars 1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia - Tickford engine, 5 speed, SVO wheels, bodykit, much more
2000 AUII Fairmont - XR wheels, Ghia interior
Dezza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-04-2008, 11:42 PM   #72
CRN
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezza!
^^ Very true

In fact my aunt and uncle have had a lot more problems with their EL than I have had with my EA. I've done one headgasket while they've done 3. They've had heaps of major problems, mine have mostly been minor. This is also comparing an EA that gets thrashed to an EL that wouldn't even go to 4000rpm. kms are similar too.

As for XF looking better than EA, Thor, don't make me laugh! The EA looks 20x better. They've aged really well while XFs look ancient now... and don't get me started on the rust situation! EAs clearly superior in that regard.

Sorta off-topic question, thinking about buying an ea falcon, is there any rust spots? like vls with the windscreens, under boot carpet etc.

imo an Ea falcon looks much better than an XF, never really likes the XF shapes.
CRN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-04-2008, 12:17 AM   #73
Dezza
Parts bin special

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRN
Sorta off-topic question, thinking about buying an ea falcon, is there any rust spots? like vls with the windscreens, under boot carpet etc.

imo an Ea falcon looks much better than an XF, never really likes the XF shapes.
Main areas of concern are the rear guards (particularly at the base of the dog-leg between the rear door and the wheel arch). They can also get rust at the top edge of the windscreens. You should also check the spare wheel well. Mine hasn't really rusted too much which is a surprise as there was about an inch of water in there for a while!

Daily 2010 FG XR50T ute - Lightning Strike
6 speed manual, XR8 bonnet, hardlid, Streetfighter airbox

Previous Cars 1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia - Tickford engine, 5 speed, SVO wheels, bodykit, much more
2000 AUII Fairmont - XR wheels, Ghia interior
Dezza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-04-2008, 08:45 AM   #74
Rob
Living the dream

Rust also forms in the cut out for the fuel cap, but Dezza has pointed out the main areas.
Rob is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-08-2014, 04:43 PM   #75
Forden Holford
Starter Motor

Default Re: EA Brock Thoughts?

Brock EA had 163kw as opposed to the 139kw for 3.9 MPFI. suspension, exhausts, better breathing engine, I don't think there were any internal mods.

Interesting to note some of the comments posted on here long ago that the Brock EA would be worthless. A Brock EA in good condition now will fetch up $15,000 and that makes it worth more than a few second hand FG's ! Old thread I know.
Forden Holford is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-08-2014, 05:20 PM   #76
Syndrome
Ford screwed the Falcon

Brock boasted in Modern Motor magazine at that time that his enhanced Falcons were going to be faster than a Group 3 Commodore. The guy was seriously delusional.

My cars

Current ride
2016 FG X XR6 - 6 speed manual

Previous rides
2009 FG XR6 - 6 speed auto
2006 BF MkII XT ESP - 6 speed auto
2003 BA XT V8 - 5 speed manual
1999 AU Forte - 5 speed manual
1997 EL Fairmont - 4 speed auto
1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia - 4 speed auto
Syndrome is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 28-08-2014, 06:21 PM   #77
raised by monkeys
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forden Holford View Post
Brock EA had 163kw as opposed to the 139kw for 3.9 MPFI. suspension, exhausts, better breathing engine, I don't think there were any internal mods.

Interesting to note some of the comments posted on here long ago that the Brock EA would be worthless. A Brock EA in good condition now will fetch up $15,000 and that makes it worth more than a few second hand FG's ! Old thread I know.
22kw from no internal mods, in a MPFI car that's only 139kw? didn't realise it was that much better, as small as that sounds now.

There's a guy in my town cruising round in one with xr6 badges on it. I never had the cash when it was for sale at 2k when the last owners were selling. I think these will jack up in price at some stage.

Current
SY FPV F6X Territory #214
Previous
FG MkII G6E Turbo built by Heinrichs Performance and Tuning
BFII FPV TORNADO #0021 351rwkw - Heinrich Performance and Tuning

"Milk is for babies. When you grow up you have to drink beer" - Arnold Schwarzenegger
raised by monkeys is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-08-2014, 11:23 AM   #78
Forden Holford
Starter Motor

It wasn't that long ago that a Brock EA could be bought for peanuts! People that had them sold them on for a song! I have had a few cars myself that if I had of kept, today they would be worth serious money!

Back in the 80's when I owned these cars, you couldn't give them away! No one wanted them and they were considered gas guzzling barges and they lined Sydney's Paramatta road in Car Dealers with stupidly cheap prices on the windscreens.

Fast forward to now and they command big dollars!

I have an EA series 2 1990 30th anniversary model S pack in very good condition. It's stock and unmolested. I call it the Red devil well.... because it's red! lol I'm in two minds whether to keep it in the hope it will go up in price since they are now getting as rare as Hens teeth or sell it as I have another car.

Knowing my luck if I sell it now it will in a few years be worth something due to rarity and I'd be kicking myself again.

I do agree the Brock Falcon will go further in Price, seems anything with his name on it commands serious coin now bar the Lada's which always will remain unloved.

I did see a Blue Meanie or the Brock VK group A going for $47,000 and it was a replica FFS!
Old 29-08-2014, 01:27 PM   #79
Pepscobra
Call me dirt... Joe Dirt

Yeah, Brock was and still is a motoring legend... even if he went a bit nuts towards the end. Anything with his name on it will always be worth more.
I'm Ford down to my bones, but have always secretly loved the Brock era Commodores.
The Brock EA Falcon I always just viewed as a bit of a weak attempt at getting back at Holden when he went off the rails.
2007 BFII FPV Cobra Ute|Boss 302|6M|#23/100
Mods so far:
Billet Products Shifter|X-Force Exhaust|Herrod Oil Breathers|Whiteline Sway Bar|Tein SuperStreets|Kings FOR-303SL Rear Springs|Melling Oil Pump|Mace Manifold Spacers|Powerbond Underdrives|Pacemaker Headers|Ballistic Cats|XFT Custom Tune @ 308.3rwkw|DBA T3 Rotors|Ferodo Pads|Goodridge Braided Lines
Mods to come:
4.11 Diff Gears|Chromoly Tailshaft
I use & recommend:
Castrol|Motorcraft|Mainlube|Penrite

Check Out My Build Thread
Pepscobra is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-09-2014, 03:01 PM   #80
Qwik6
Unsafe @ any Speed

This article reports on a reworked cam and ecu adjustments.

By HEINRICH PERFORMANCE & TUNING

E Series Falcon Image Museum on FB
https://www.facebook.com/pages/E-Ser...29864000453208
Qwik6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-09-2014, 04:13 PM   #81
Forden Holford
Starter Motor

You learn something everyday! I wasn't aware of the cam mod and thought that maybe a performance chip had been added as well. Thanks for the post!
Old 15-09-2014, 04:28 PM   #82
Forden Holford
Starter Motor

Alright Fella's, Just wondering if i can get some feed back? What in your opinion is an EA series 2 Falcon S pack worth? I'm asking as I have a 1990 series 2 EA s pack which I think is in good condition.

I have had it on Gumtree for just over a week and a half and haven't got any bites at all, not one inquiry! I think EA S packs now days are getting as rare as rocking horse poo and in a few years time will the numbers left on the roads will dwindle further making them as rare as Unicorns.

Now I'm asking $2,200 neg, Do you think I'm asking to much? Or is my ask price reasonable? Here's a link to my ad.

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/campb...dan/1056092540

looking for both positive and negative feedback. Thanks Guys.
Old 16-09-2014, 03:35 PM   #83
Qwik6
Unsafe @ any Speed

Its a hard question really. An E Series tragic like me would probably pay 2k for a mint EA if I wanted one.
That said I bought a near mint EL Fairmont for 3k last year.

IMO don't sell your EA for less than $1500 if its in good nick.

Old 16-09-2014, 04:21 PM   #84
Forden Holford
Starter Motor

Thanks Qwik6! The car is in good condition, everything works on it. It's beautiful to drive and handles great. It's a fun car to drive. It looks pink in photo's but I can assure you it is red. lol

I wont be giving it away, I do believe in another 5 maybe 10 years it will be worth something. If I don't sell it to close to what i'm asking, I'll put it in storage.
Old 17-09-2014, 01:33 PM   #85
Qwik6
Unsafe @ any Speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forden Holford View Post
I wont be giving it away, I do believe in another 5 maybe 10 years it will be worth something. If I don't sell it to close to what i'm asking, I'll put it in storage.
No worries.

But as history usually repeats itself, look at what tidy base model XC-XFs are getting at market. Still only 2-3k.

Unless its a somewhat special model (XR6/8, Sprints, even V8 optioned E Series) I don't think it will go up in value.

Old 14-10-2014, 05:27 AM   #86
FGX-351
Supercharged Mang-mobile

Brock Holdens are desirable for reasons an EA Brock will never be.
1. He actually raced in versions of them(Group C/A).
2. V8 engine
3. Raced and won at Bathurst.

If you can make a quick buck go for it but I can never see them being anything like the Holdens realistically they're just an XR6 with Brock's signature.

Everything is worth what someone is willing to pay and Aussie car enthusiasts are a dying breed.
Short term spike, long term drop is my prediction.
09/00 VX HSV XU6 Build #0001 of 0171
http://fordforums.com.au/showthread....09#post5571209
-- Best E/T: |14.982 @92.12mph | R/T:0.013 | 60' 2.213| 330: 6.283 | 1/8: 9.624 @ 73.17mph | 1000: 12.529 | 25Deg, N/A Hum, 1010mb | Willowbank Raceway 7/12/16

Tickford EL Falcon XR6 RIP
-- Factory Manual
-- Best E/T: |14.991 @ 92.71mph | R/T: 0.607 | 60': 2.215 | 660': 9.665 |13Deg, 86%H, 1024mb, 184RA @ Willowbank Raceway
FGX-351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post