Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 06-02-2019, 04:51 PM   #61
73 4V XB
Frankenford pilot
Donating Member1

Default Re: Hit someone up the **** and got a fine

And just for the hell of it, while we’re on the subject. When you park your car in a shopping center, how do you park? Drive nose in or reverse rear in?
Two cars reverse out of a car park and hit each other, EBO, each bear their own. One car reverses into the other driving out. Reversing party 100% at fault. It’s also much easier and safer to reverse park

73 XB GT
Last of the Big Ports
This user likes this post:
Old 06-02-2019, 05:05 PM   #62
ford12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nu66et View Post
Perhaps he should instead pay the ambulance bill. Probably end up costing more than the fine.
TAC will pay for the Ambulance and any medical bills, also any loss of income.
This user likes this post:
Old 06-02-2019, 06:04 PM   #63
GO FURTHER
Donating Member3

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Fitting New Iridium Plugs & the state of the old ones - (Photo Essay) 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 73 4V XB View Post
And just for the hell of it, while we’re on the subject. When you park your car in a shopping center, how do you park? Drive nose in or reverse rear in?
Two cars reverse out of a car park and hit each other, EBO, each bear their own. One car reverses into the other driving out. Reversing party 100% at fault. It’s also much easier and safer to reverse park
With the Mustang, and its excellent reversing camera with 'predictive' driving coloured lines on the 8 inch screen and sensors, I prefer to reverse in.
Also with the loooong bonnet in the Mustang its also much easier.

Reversing in makes it easier and safer to drive out again of course.

However, I've often asked myself this question...

If your car was to be hit in a carpark, is it better (in terms of drivablility) to take the impact on the rear or front, assuming the impact force was the same?

Getting hit on the front may damage the radiator, so you are left stranded and need to be towed.

Getting hit in the rear, often means you can still be mobile.
Old 06-02-2019, 06:26 PM   #64
raised by monkeys
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by GO FURTHER View Post
take the impact on the rear or front, assuming the impact force was the same?

Current
SY FPV F6X Territory #214
Previous
FG MkII G6E Turbo built by Heinrichs Performance and Tuning
BFII FPV TORNADO #0021 351rwkw - Heinrich Performance and Tuning

"Milk is for babies. When you grow up you have to drink beer" - Arnold Schwarzenegger
Old 06-02-2019, 06:44 PM   #65
73 4V XB
Frankenford pilot
Donating Member1

Quote:
With the Mustang, and its excellent reversing camera with 'predictive' driving coloured lines on the 8 inch screen and sensors, I prefer to reverse in.
Also with the loooong bonnet in the Mustang its also much easier.

Reversing in makes it easier and safer to drive out again of course.

If your car was to be hit in a carpark, is it better (in terms of drivablility) to take the impact on the rear or front, assuming the impact force was the same?

Getting hit on the front may damage the radiator, so you are left stranded and need to be towed.

The rear usually works out best but depends on how long the piece of string is. There’s literally hundreds of different scenarios involved and in any case the car would most likely be un roadworthy after the impact and could cause your insurance company to void the claim because you drove the car away and could have caused more damage.

73 XB GT
Last of the Big Ports
Old 06-02-2019, 06:47 PM   #66
Pooka
Shapeshifter

I ran up the back of someone 20 odd years ago. They stopped suddenly and I had no chance of stopping in time (his car had ABS, mine didn't). I didn't see his brake lights turn on whatsoever, hence the slightly delayed reaction. My car was written off.

Police were involved. I notified my insurance that his brake lights didn't come on. And after my insurance investigated, they found his brake lights were inoperative at the time of the accident, and not as a result of me running up the back of him. Something to do with the filament shape found inside the globe. I was cleared of all fault and the other party was found to be 100% at fault. His car was not roadworthy at the time of the collision as was reported by the Police and insurance investigations (brake lights not working and one rear tyre worn past indicator).

So if there's proof the other party was driving an unroadworthy vehicle at the time of the accident, you could be cleared of fault even if t was your fault. Dashcams help a lot these days for cases like this.
2 users like this post:
Old 06-02-2019, 06:53 PM   #67
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Quote:
When you park your car in a shopping center, how do you park? Drive nose in or reverse rear in?
In the Picanto i simply drive in and turn around in the parking space, no reversing required..
Old 06-02-2019, 07:02 PM   #68
black13
born to be mild

Quote:
So much easier to reverse in & drive out of car parks. Have done for all my driving life. My wife has been driving for approx 2:5 years now & she only reverses into parks now. So much easier
triumph Daytona 1200
the black beast busa gsx1300r
Old 06-02-2019, 07:53 PM   #69
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Quote:

Id rather get hit in the front in a carpark where its low speed/impact as front panels are easier to replace than straightening rear quarters.
2 users like this post:
Old 06-02-2019, 09:59 PM   #70
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Closed as requested.
Closed Thread