Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 27-07-2005, 06:49 PM   #1
*rayman*
454 Power

Default F@rk!n Theives

A work mates car got broken into last night, he got a not so pleasant surprise this morning when he went to the car to go to work... His little sierra (old skool hardtop type) had the entire front drivers door missing. The pricks had undone the bolts for the hinges from the outside and pulled the door right off and thrown it into neighbouring bushland near a construction site...

The rear cargo door they did the same thing to, except it didn't come off so easily, so they folded the door back on the hinge and itself, it screwed the car up big time.

I can imagine it was not a nice sight to see your pride and joy sitting out front of ya place with a door missing, and the rear door dangling free in the wind.. And a big empty space where all the audio gear used to be. I saw the car at lunch time to give him a hand to tidy things up after the cops did their thing, and it had an eery feel about it.

The target of the theft was the stereo, a custom box with 2 x 12" Rockford punch's, a rockford amp, and pioneer head unit. They left the cd's inthe car, only wanted the stereo. They left the sub level control knob though.

It's one thing being ripped off, but when they leave the car trashed like this it's just mad.

The cops have got no leads so far. No one heard or knows anything about it. Townsville is a reasonably small place in some ways, so we'll see what happens.

If you live in usa check this website: Cvs weekly ad.

TOY - 68 SS 454 Camaro

Last edited by *rayman*; 27-07-2005 at 07:22 PM.
*rayman* is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-07-2005, 07:20 PM   #2
XRated
Shoot.

No alarm? I would hope he'd have one considering the quality gear that was in it.

20V Turbo

XRated is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-07-2005, 07:22 PM   #3
Mesa
Donating Member
Donating Member2

That's pi55weak. Sorry to see that happen. Hope they catch the worthless scum.
Mesa is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-07-2005, 07:24 PM   #4
*rayman*
454 Power

no alarm, he was struggling to pay for it to be finished for an upcoming soundoff comp.

I did tell him to tint the rear windows real dark a while back to not bring unwanted attention to the car, but once again, he was saving for that too.

TOY - 68 SS 454 Camaro
*rayman* is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-07-2005, 07:51 PM   #5
MO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Now that suxs hope they get more than they deserve.

The more I know ppl the more I love my DOGS.
2011 SY Territory Limited Edition TS
2000 AUII SE ute IL6
MO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-07-2005, 08:34 PM   #6
T_Terror
The Guy You Love To Hate

Thats terrible. Few things **** me off as much as car theives, god id love to rob their house and bash them just to make them pay.

This probably wont make you feel any better but few weeks ago i caught a theif sitting inside my van tryin to get teh stereo out. She ran before i could catch her so i called the cops and 10minutes later there were 2 patrol cars and a dog squad at my house with a grand total of 6 cops!

I was shocked and very pleased
T_Terror is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-07-2005, 09:06 PM   #7
MO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by T_Terror
Thats terrible. Few things **** me off as much as car theives, god id love to rob their house and bash them just to make them pay.

This probably wont make you feel any better but few weeks ago i caught a theif sitting inside my van tryin to get teh stereo out. She ran before i could catch her so i called the cops and 10minutes later there were 2 patrol cars and a dog squad at my house with a grand total of 6 cops!

I was shocked and very pleased
Lucky you ,must have been a slow night to get that response.

The more I know ppl the more I love my DOGS.
2011 SY Territory Limited Edition TS
2000 AUII SE ute IL6
MO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-07-2005, 09:49 PM   #8
Yaw
Ford Fanatic

Mate, sorry to hear about it, I really and truly am.
With or without an alarm, if scum bag thieves want it, they'll get it.
This is one of the reasons I can not understand why anyone wants an after market stereo though. Ok maybe older cars do not have a cd player. There are cheap versions under $100 with 4 channels that no one would want to steal and hey if they stop working after a few months they are a disposable item and will not make your car attractive to thieves.
Old 28-07-2005, 08:38 PM   #9
pandaman
Back in Blue!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaw
There are cheap versions under $100 with 4 channels that no one would want to steal and hey if they stop working after a few months they are a disposable item and will not make your car attractive to thieves.
Not quite true, I've got a 100 buck cheapie, the little bastards broke in, tried to take it and found out that i'd hardwired it in, so what'd they do? they left the player but f*&cked off with the detachable face, buncha retards.

That's bad enough, but having a comp system stolen is just f*^%ked up, I hope they get found and severely beaten.

Back in Blue baby!
pandaman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post