Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 03-08-2005, 10:05 PM   #1
#Russ#Es#
Hello Koni's!

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: This member has made a few valuable contributions to the Forum in the Focus section, seems to know exactly what he is talking about with his posts, which are helpful and concise. 
Default Finally!!!

Well after a bit of a search (about 10 months), I FINALLY landed myself a f/t job! It is in Sydney (Botany) and I start in a couple weeks. I have to move from home (southern country NSW) so that will be an experience for me. Exciting times ahead! Although the role is not directly related with what I'm qualified for (Bach. Bus. Marketing), it is a great start with some very promising opportunities.

I must say a BIG THANKYOU : to all AFF members who gave me advice/support/etc whilst I was in the job-search process.

I have 'backup' accomodation sorted already in Sydney (family friends) but will be looking for accommodation throughout the next couple of weeks. If anyone on AFF has a room to rent/is also looking for accom. PM me. I want something not TOO far from Botany (thinking about Sutherland shire area atm).

THANKS AGAIN TO EVERYONE

Russ

Last edited by #Russ#Es#; 03-08-2005 at 10:46 PM.
#Russ#Es# is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-08-2005, 10:11 PM   #2
deesun
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

WoooHoooooooooooooooooooooo : Well done mate. A full time job is the right way to go. You know how much comming in each week and maybe there will be some o/t where you work too. It will be a great learning experience leaving the "sticks". Great stuff.
Old 03-08-2005, 10:14 PM   #3
b2tf
not here much anymore

NICE ONE RUSS!

Awesome stuff, just remember me when you're at the top :!

Hope its a fantastic experience for you, Im sure it will be. And remember to come back down in November!
Old 03-08-2005, 10:57 PM   #4
#Russ#Es#
Hello Koni's!

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: This member has made a few valuable contributions to the Forum in the Focus section, seems to know exactly what he is talking about with his posts, which are helpful and concise. 

I might be able to organise some 'fast' bits for your Focus ...I'll be working for a Import/Export Logistics Company.

Don't worry, I'm sure I'll be back between Syd and home a few times in the coming months.
Old 03-08-2005, 11:02 PM   #5
LuvinmyEB
Beware of mood swings!

Congratulations!!

Country boy meets the city, this should be fun. :nutsycuck
Old 03-08-2005, 11:07 PM   #6
#Russ#Es#
Hello Koni's!

Thats right girlie, them damn city folk better look out :hihi:

Last edited by #Russ#Es#; 03-08-2005 at 11:23 PM.
Old 03-08-2005, 11:31 PM   #7
XR6Gal
Just Super Happy now :)

CONGRATULATIONS RUSS!!! I hope that it all goes well for you!!!!

PhantomBA XR6 (Sold), now a VW owner (don't hold it against me )

& also a CM Valiant Wagon, gotta love the old Val's
see her progress here
NOW SOLD :( but now have a
Honda CBR250 Motorbike
XR6Gal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-08-2005, 12:21 AM   #8
b2tf
not here much anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by #Russ#Es#
I might be able to organise some 'fast' bits for your Focus ...I'll be working for a Import/Export Logistics Company.

Don't worry, I'm sure I'll be back between Syd and home a few times in the coming months.
Ahhh, very nice indeed! Could come in very handy!
Old 04-08-2005, 07:27 AM   #9
bindi
Redhead extraordinaire...

Congrats mate! That's great news!

You will find Sydney very expensive, just letting you know... although if you want to travel a little you can find pockets where it's not too expensive to rent. Then again, you may have to fork out with extra padlocks lol

HEY! THIS MEANS YOU CAN MAKE THE SYDNEY CRUISE COMING UP!!! Woohoo! Go here: http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=15433

Let us know how you go. I would offer you a place to camp for a few nights but I'm like 1.5 to 2 hours west of Sydney (although there are some crazies up here who commute).

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_waity
Oh, and another surefire symptom will be the Falcon badge at the back.
bindi is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-08-2005, 09:16 AM   #10
The MaDDeSTMaN
No longer driving a Ford.

Congratulations! Full time work is hard to find :(
The MaDDeSTMaN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-08-2005, 08:39 PM   #11
Mesa
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Congratulations Russ, well done. All the best with the new job!!!!
Mesa is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-08-2005, 10:56 PM   #12
#Russ#Es#
Hello Koni's!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bindi
Congrats mate! That's great news!

You will find Sydney very expensive, just letting you know... although if you want to travel a little you can find pockets where it's not too expensive to rent. Then again, you may have to fork out with extra padlocks lol

HEY! THIS MEANS YOU CAN MAKE THE SYDNEY CRUISE COMING UP!!! Woohoo! Go here: http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=15433

Let us know how you go. I would offer you a place to camp for a few nights but I'm like 1.5 to 2 hours west of Sydney (although there are some crazies up here who commute).
Thanks bindi!

I know what the prices in sydney can be like, been looking a bit already. A family friend of mine (who also works at the place I got the job) did some asking around at work and was told that the Cronulla area is a good place for young people...and you wouldn't believe it, but the prices are actually VERY good (basically the same as down my way), ie 2br apartment, newish, balcony overlooking bay, walk to the beach, good size and parking for $220-$250/week ($110-$125 each)...its also about 30mins to my (new) work.

Its a matter of finding someone to go in with me. But I DO have temporary accommodation already organised (with the family friend mentioned above).

Thanks heaps for the offer bindi. I'll let you know how I go with everything. I'll see if I can make the Sydney Cruise! (good way for me to meet new people)
Old 05-08-2005, 08:53 AM   #13
bindi
Redhead extraordinaire...

Quote:
Originally Posted by #Russ#Es#
Thanks bindi!...2br apartment, newish, balcony overlooking bay, walk to the beach, good size and parking for $220-$250/week ($110-$125 each)...its also about 30mins to my (new) work.

Thanks heaps for the offer bindi. I'll let you know how I go with everything. I'll see if I can make the Sydney Cruise! (good way for me to meet new people)
Wow mate, that's pretty good value for that area And the beach is fantastic, you'll love it - all the hottie chicks in the summer...

Yeah come along on the cruise, you'll get to see some of the NSW scenery and meet some of us.

Take it easy :nutsycuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_waity
Oh, and another surefire symptom will be the Falcon badge at the back.
bindi is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-08-2005, 09:14 PM   #14
#Russ#Es#
Hello Koni's!

Thought I would update...

I've now almost finished my first week at my new job. Its being pretty good so far, learning ALOT of stuff - its pretty full-on working in exports! I found a place to live in Miranda so I drive to and from Botany every day which I am getting used to (from driving in the country!) If anyone sees me on the road wave/say hi/whatever! My only problem at the moment is finding a place to give my car a wash (my car looks terrible!)...where are the Carlovers in Syd?? Are they ALL those handwash thingys??

Russ
Old 25-08-2005, 10:13 PM   #15
MO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

You should find a carwash somewhere in Caringbah from memory or go over Capt Cook bridge and there is one around Ramsgate/San Soucie(sp).
Good to hear your settling in and finding your way around.

The more I know ppl the more I love my DOGS.
2011 SY Territory Limited Edition TS
2000 AUII SE ute IL6
MO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-08-2005, 11:12 PM   #16
b2tf
not here much anymore

Lazy bugger Russ. Get out and do it yourself, you'll do a better job anyway!

Make sure you're back down this way in November, particularly the 5th :. Good to hear all is going well!
Old 26-08-2005, 06:26 PM   #17
deesun
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

[QUOTE=back2thefutura]Lazy bugger Russ. Get out and do it yourself, you'll do a better job anyway!

Looks like you live in the abiss of Car Washes,I did a quick yellow pages map search and your nearest is Anzac Pde Kingsford which isn't much help if you want to do it on weekend,you would get it dirty just driving it home.Looks like b2tf was right,do it yaself ya lazy bugger.
Old 27-08-2005, 08:37 PM   #18
#Russ#Es#
Hello Koni's!

How do I wash my car myself when I'm living in a apartment block and only have a underground lockup garage? Don't want to flood the place! I'm quite happy to do it myself if I could find somewhere (nearby) to do it.
Old 27-08-2005, 08:47 PM   #19
deesun
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Bugger!
Old 27-08-2005, 08:57 PM   #20
#Russ#Es#
Hello Koni's!

I think I remember seeing a fire hose down there somewhere : Good way to move the dirt...
Old 29-08-2005, 09:56 AM   #21
old_mate
Smash the Boost

hahaha I got done using the Fire Hose in my apartment complex the other day. Was expecting a massive fine, but cos my car still has Qld plates the water restrictions ppl let me off (i have been in sydney now for well over 12 months). No more self car washing for me!

there are a couple of car wash places just up the road from me on the Princes Highway at Tempe, or I noticed a self wash type place that provide u with water near the Taren Point bridge while on my way to Miranda yesterday

1971 Fairmont Sedan

1974 SWB F100

Keyboard Warrior - A Person who, being unable to express his anger through physical violence (owning to their physical weakness, lack of bravery and/or conviction in real life), instead manifests said emotions through the text-based medium of the internet, usually in the form of aggressive writing that the Keyboard Warrior would not (for reasons previously mentioned) be able to give form to in real life.
old_mate is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-08-2005, 02:54 PM   #22
#Russ#Es#
Hello Koni's!

Cool thanks for that, I'll keep my eye out for it.