Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 19-01-2005, 03:01 PM   #1
DivHunter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Debadging

I am seriously considering debadging the Ghia as I have taken quite a liking to the 'clean' look. Are there any holes behind any of the badges? What's the best way to remove them? :

Before you ask the Ford badges stay, might grab a S2/3 boot garnish though.

Any help or thoughts are appreciated
Speed cameras have changed the things we pay attention to and the things we regard as important. Instead of focusing on the dangers ahead, motorists feel that they have been relieved of responsibility for managing their own driving, and have ceded it instead to the mechanical intervention of the camera and other traffic signals.
DivHunter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-01-2005, 07:34 PM   #2
DivHunter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It seems there are holes for the 'Fairmont' badge, bugger.
Speed cameras have changed the things we pay attention to and the things we regard as important. Instead of focusing on the dangers ahead, motorists feel that they have been relieved of responsibility for managing their own driving, and have ceded it instead to the mechanical intervention of the camera and other traffic signals.
Old 19-01-2005, 07:55 PM   #3
AUIIIXR8
Formerly AU2XLSV8

I had the Ute debadged when i got her resprayed. Only way to do it I'm afraid. I've taken all the badges off including the FORD badges. She looks clean as. No Body kit, no badges. Just a nice, clean, low and loud AU. Best way to have it i think.

Past
EL 6 S/C - sold
AUII XLS V8 Stroker - sold
99' Laser (runabout) - sold
BA Fairmont - sold
AU III XR8 220 - sold (so should have kept this one)
AU III XLS Tickford 6 - sold

Formerly AU2XLSV8
AUIIIXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-01-2005, 11:38 PM   #4
b2tf
not here much anymore

Series I has 'Fairmont' written on the side of the bootlid doesnt it? If so, you should be right to get that one off, i highly doubt there would be any holes behind it.

Id go for a Series II chrome bit on your bootlid, it should fit and it looks a lot better than the Series I one. Has 'Fairmont' sorta engraved into it (if you need pics let me know).

Id also take the Ghia badges off the side, and if anything i would put a small 'V8' badge on there from either a 220 V8 model, or dare i say it, an SS.
Old 19-01-2005, 11:57 PM   #5
DivHunter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I think you're a bit off b2tf, I stuck my hand up under the boot and there was two things sticking through behind the 'Fairmont' badge but hopefully I'm wrong. I already have 2 'V8' badges on the front guards and only one 'Ghia' one under the 'Fairmont' badge. The chrome boot bit is what I meant by garnish but I spose that's not quite right :P
Old 20-01-2005, 12:25 AM   #6
b2tf
not here much anymore

That's the first ive ever heard of the Fairmont bit having holes behind it - i just dont see why it would cos its on the bootlid. Weird.
Old 20-01-2005, 12:54 AM   #7
rag top
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The Futura badge on the wife's car has the holes behind it as well.
Old 20-01-2005, 07:27 PM   #8
au-steve
fully *** turboooo

my falcon badge had holes behind it (left hand side of boot lid)
they annoyed my for ages, but i managed to position the turbo badge to cover both of them.
dont know why they needed holes for the badge ... annoying.
au-steve is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-01-2005, 10:54 PM   #9
b2tf
not here much anymore

Wow, i never realised they had hole sbehind them. I think its to help in badge placement at the factory etc. Thats about the only real reason i can think of for having the holes there, other than to **** people off when they wanna take the badges off. :togo: