Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 07-06-2016, 11:18 PM   #5041
m1gammon
Starter Motor

Default Re: Welcome to New Members - Post here to say gday!

Hi
Have a BA falcon and have issue with no dash light, parkers, rear lights, and fog lamps and indicators are sounding fast but are not working.
I have checked fuses and multi function switch
Any suggestions of help are welcome
m1gammon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-06-2016, 12:22 PM   #5042
danny.hall
Starter Motor

Cool Re: Welcome to New Members - Post here to say gday!

Hi all,
My name's Danny and I'm only a young bloke with a HUGE interest in cars. Especially Fords. I may be only 17 but I have had several cars in the past couple years including a XF Ghia, Ford Laser, XH ute, ED Ghia and now have a AU Series 3 Fairmont with a few Tickford options. The old boy also has a 1996 LTD with a 347 stroker in it (Yet to be completed) and a 1989 F-150.

Hope to ask alot of questions very soon!
danny.hall is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-06-2016, 08:05 PM   #5043
V8 bloke
Starter Motor

Gidday all. I'm an old fella but have loved v8's all my life. It took me over 45 years to get one but its all good now. I'm looking for a workshop manual for an fg 5.4 ltr v8 to do general servicing but can't find anything except for the straight 6. Anyone know where I can get one?
V8 bloke is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-06-2016, 10:36 PM   #5044
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 bloke View Post
Gidday all. I'm an old fella but have loved v8's all my life. It took me over 45 years to get one but its all good now. I'm looking for a workshop manual for an fg 5.4 ltr v8 to do general servicing but can't find anything except for the straight 6. Anyone know where I can get one?
Have you tried the FG Forum ? someone there might know.

http://www.fordforums.com.au/forumdisplay.php?f=350
Old 08-06-2016, 11:45 PM   #5045
badbody
Starter Motor

hi I can't seem to search ed falcon owners or parts can someone please point me in the right direction? 😁
badbody is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-06-2016, 12:34 AM   #5046
kdunlop72
kdunlop72

Hi I recently bought a 2004 BA FPV GT-P, it's build no 1077 and is Blue Pearl/Silver, I'm keen to find out how many of each colour were built in each year or at least how many of that colour combination were built in thathe year if possible.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot_20160505-102316.jpg (69.6 KB, 29 views)
kdunlop72 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-06-2016, 09:37 AM   #5047
V8 bloke
Starter Motor

Thanks. I didn't know there was an fg forum so I'll look into that
V8 bloke is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-06-2016, 11:40 AM   #5048
spratt
Starter Motor

Smile Re: Welcome to New Members - Post here to say gday!

Hello to everyone - newbie to the forum.

Maybe someone point be on the rules/etiquette page.

Ford Falcon FG XT - project car (hopefully can do some fixs/mods make it nice).

Still have to do by signature.
spratt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-06-2016, 11:43 AM   #5049
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by badbody View Post
hi I can't seem to search ed falcon owners or parts can someone please point me in the right direction? 😁
E series are catered for in the Post Classic section.
http://www.fordforums.com.au/forumdisplay.php?f=29

Depending on what parts you're looking for have a look in the Technical Resources (link at the top of every page) here.
http://www.fordforums.com.au/vbporta...p?name=Content
Old 10-06-2016, 01:06 AM   #5050
Kazza
Starter Motor

Smile Re: Welcome to New Members - Post here to say gday!

Hi guys my name is john,bought a Kuga 2015,took the ahg extended warranty out 7years for 1500 dollars.Was this a mistake?
Let you know how it goes later. So far the car is going very good,thanks.
Kazza
Kazza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-06-2016, 05:08 PM   #5051
Stueman
Starter Motor

Hi everyone glad to come on board

Hope to share with you my experience with fords and gain your wisdom also
Stueman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-06-2016, 07:08 AM   #5052
grunta73
Starter Motor

Hi Guys

Name Grunta always been into my fords started off with a Xr ute,GT xy and now a 03 XR6T completely stock and low K's as a bit of a project car.

Oh buy the way thanks for the add
grunta73 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-06-2016, 09:35 AM   #5053
FALCONFIEND
Banned

good day to all fellow ford fiends .so far so helpful for info but am currently struggling with an au2 ute conversion to Fairmont dash with electric seats and fairlane door trims re-ran appropriate wiring eliminated extra ,have wired up a few cars over the years but here I have met my match and I 've re-wired a soaked EL .can only get as fuel pump prime .I reckon that I may need an extra earth because I used the original spacecab rear loom but replaced all other front wiring even added cruise . getting a bit dispirited on this one any help appreciated peoples
FALCONFIEND is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-06-2016, 12:12 PM   #5054
Demos
Starter Motor

Gday guys/gals,

Ive got back into a Ford as of 10am today when I bought a
2005 G220 5.4.

Im 32, live in Rokeby, Vic have 2 kids with one on the way and Im married.
Demos is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-06-2016, 10:31 PM   #5055
SilverRune
Starter Motor

Hi to all fellow Ford Owners
I'm a newbie here. Just joined and hope to share and hear your experiences with your loved Fords.
I own a 1983 Ford Telstar 1.8 Ghia. Bought it brand new back then and have been keeping it in good running condition.
I live in Malaysia and trying to get spare and replacement parts are difficult.
SilverRune is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-06-2016, 12:42 PM   #5056
Hapynez
Starter Motor

Hi to all ford owners. I'm new to the forum and am glad I've been accepted. I've driven and learnt a little bout different makers and reckon ford can't go wrong. My partner has a 06 territory and I'm in the process of getting a ef falcon. I've had xe, xf, au, au2, 2001 escape and 2011 escape. The more the merrier.
Hapynez is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-06-2016, 07:28 PM   #5057
EL classic
Starter Motor

Hello Forum members...

Been reading forums for a few years now...

The only problem with my EL is that it continually wants to cruise the highway at 130 to 140...I have to keep a firm grip on the reins..and a keen eye out for the bluelight discos...

When faced with the prospect of a recent blown headgasket at 230K..and subseqeunt collateral damage...I just couldnt bring myself to assign it to the scrap heap...its too smooth a ride....is there a name for this disease..?

Steve
EL classic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-06-2016, 02:12 PM   #5058
ace11
Starter Motor

Thumbs up Re:F100 enthusiastics

Hi clubmembers! Sorry I have taken this long to put my thread in - I am still looking for the needle! I am 76 (raising77) retired auto electrician and still interested in all Fords, especially F100s. My present vehicle is a 1986 F100 LWB single cab ute. It maybe 40 years old but I have refurbished it over a long period of time - and still going. My previous F100s were 1972 6cyl C4 auto (ex Peter Warren - Ford dealer's personal ute) which was stolen and never seen again. My next F100 was 1972 6cyl 4 speed manual. I fitted a 1972 302 Cleveland motor and C4 auto which was then painted Monza Red. The paint job was that good a few guys wanted to buy the ute - as I was driving. This was also stolen, found and consequently also written off. My next F100 1972 LWB Custom Monster (Orange) - 351
Cleveland 4 speed manual, canopy, bull bar, steps, mag wheels, lpg. This ute was supposed to take us to WA but instead on the night of the big pacing race "Carousel" at Bankstown NSW this was also stolen along with 8 other vehicles and this was also never seen again. By this stage the insurance company was a little jumpy. By this time I am thinking should I buy a Chev! However being a "blue oval" person this was never an option.
My present F100 is a 1986 LWB 302 Windsor efi 4 speed manual but now has a lot of modifications. I have fitted a 351 Cleveland with C4 auto. (In the near future I am fitting a new motor which I will explain later). Body modifications include filled in rear tailgate panel, Billett grill, removed rear bumperbar and fabricated steel valance to cover where bar was, fitted fibreglass hard lid Snugtop with electric actuators. Cabin modifications include new rubbers around doors and windows, fitted electric windows, fitted central door locking, new red leather dash cover, door trims, roof lining, carpets and reupholstered Chev Caprice Captain's bucket seats. Handmade centre console with Quicksilver auto shift. Bluetooth Radio.
The paint job was done by "Hollywood" - Matt from Stock to Shock in Perth in two tone Silver Grey with small flames in the side indentation.
Wheels - Boyds Elite 17 x 8 front wheels with 245/45/R17 MAXXIs tyres, 17-10 read wheels with 275/55/R17 MAXXIs tyres.
I get plenty of lookers and it rides really nice.
ace11 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-06-2016, 07:26 PM   #5059
ScotchanDry
Family XR8s in Grey

Hi there, My father was die hard ford man and owned falcons from 1964 onward, fairlanes and LTDs,he would not sell me his XA 302 Tbar Auto cause he said I would kill myself in it .He was probably right so he traded it, was about 3 years old for 2 grand....I had an EH at that time....so I bought a 6 cylinder HQ Monaro and dropped a 308 in it. and My car history started from there..Like father like son owned only Fairlanes and LTDs. I currently own my favorite vehicle which is an AU XR8 series 3 Ute on lpg injection and have owned it for 14 years will never sell,and just purchased an XR8 sprint, So happy to be here and catch up.

Last edited by ScotchanDry; 01-07-2016 at 08:24 AM.
ScotchanDry is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-06-2016, 05:48 PM   #5060
ace11
Starter Motor

Thumbs up Re: Welcome to New Members - Post here to say gday!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EL classic View Post
Hello Forum members...

Been reading forums for a few years now...

The only problem with my EL is that it continually wants to cruise the highway at 130 to 140...I have to keep a firm grip on the reins..and a keen eye out for the bluelight discos...

When faced with the prospect of a recent blown headgasket at 230K..and subseqeunt collateral damage...I just couldnt bring myself to assign it to the scrap heap...its too smooth a ride....is there a name for this disease..?

Steve
Steve, I am no doctor but can guarantee the disease is in the right foot. Ace11
ace11 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 25-06-2016, 12:44 PM   #5061
cybergarfield
Starter Motor

Just joined today.

learned to drive in an XC falcon

Have owned a number of falcons over the years (XE XF)

Currently drive EBII (6 seater) Have had it for 10+ years

Also have BAII (wife's daily ride)

Looking to replace EBII soon with new Everest or a Prado. Have had a tough time deciding between brand loyalty and current market activity. The ford is in front at the moment but still researching. Hopefully this forum will help.
cybergarfield is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-06-2016, 07:06 PM   #5062
Travelandy
Starter Motor

Hi to everybody.just bought a new dual cab 3.2lt ranger and looking to the forum to get the best out of it newbie travelandy
Travelandy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-06-2016, 01:59 PM   #5063
Anything
Starter Motor

Hi ,I have a bf mkii Fairmont,I am hoping someone can tell me what size bolts r used on Bf sedan towbar. for genuine ford 1600kg.need to do now and can not get kit in perth until next week,I think taptite M10 x30 1.5p as the lugs (nuts)in car have no thread but I read that the territory use M12 maybe they have bigger lugs so I am just making sure.any help would be appreciated
Anything is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-06-2016, 08:07 AM   #5064
JU33Y
Starter Motor

Default Hi Everyone. 😊

My name is Justin, I'm from Bendigo Victoria.
I have recently brought a Black Ford Falcon FGX XR6, I also have a 1992 Ford Capri Xr2 Turbo, a 1989 Ford Laser Ghia and a Ford Falcon XF Ute from 1989.

I am after a Ford FGX XR8 Bonnet, preferably in the colour shilouett (Black). If anyone can help me let me know. Cheers guys and gals. 😊
JU33Y is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-07-2016, 12:21 AM   #5065
Xh babe
Starter Motor

Red face Re: Welcome to New Members - Post here to say gday!

Hi my name is Lisa, I drive a ba, an an xh ute. Love my fords. I live in western vic. I am a do it ya self kind of person. If I can't fix it.... I learn how, that's y I am here. Thanks
Xh babe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 01-07-2016, 03:38 PM   #5066
Dave_K
Starter Motor

G'day all
I'm Dave and I'm looking to get a 2012 Territory TX diesel but would love to get some views on it.
I've just had a crappy time with my 06 Prado and had to replace the engine - $7500 - and the 4WD is beyond my needs now.
I've heard a couple of slightly disturbing reports about front ends on the terry and would also like to hear info on diesel reliability, injectors etc if anyone wants to share.
Dave
Dave_K is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-07-2016, 10:48 AM   #5067
Carey Vince
Starter Motor

Thumbs up Re: Welcome to New Members - Post here to say gday!

Hi my name is Carey.
From Warrnambool, South West Victoria.
I own 2 Fords my 2014 Wildtrak Chilli Oranage Manual is my favorite, my wife drives a 2006 Fairlane Ghia Black with polished AU XR8 wheels looks very cool.
I do my own mechanical and electrical repairs/mantainence not alot with a Fords.

Last edited by Carey Vince; 03-07-2016 at 11:13 AM. Reason: Correcting puntuation
Carey Vince is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-07-2016, 06:45 PM   #5068
Dean9888
Starter Motor

Hi guys (and girls).
My name is Dean and I live in Brisbane.
I have a couple of collectible cars that aren't Fords, but I recently purchased a 1971 XY GT Replica in yellow ochre.
At 500hp, it's a little bit too lumpy to drive daily, although it has full rego.
It's a 351C with a top loader, all the internal GT trimmings in black, and 5 slotters.
It was originally a 302 Auto Fairmont. I didn't do any of the major work, but I corrected a few broken things (mainly electrical).
One thing I haven't been able to fix is a partially stripped hub nut (the one that holds the bearings in and stops the front wheels from falling off.
I tried on-line, Ford, FoMoCo (Melb), Mustang Auto Parts, my local suspension dudes, even a nut and bolt place, but I haven't been able to find anything that will fit.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Dean9888 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-07-2016, 01:12 PM   #5069
nickferfoglia
Starter Motor

gday gday the names nick love my fords till dusk till dawn lol my collrection is 96 el falcon farmont just hit 80 000km ef farmont 256 00 km 4 l i6 bangas two xe falcons xw got two 351 two through at it but the hart is with the el j3 lukey extractors and more to come
nickferfoglia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-07-2016, 09:12 PM   #5070
Daron whiley
Starter Motor

Giddy my name is daron
I've fudged up on my first twin cam rocker cover incident as I didn't know how to take it off now I think I may have bent cam sensors at front top of cams how much can ya bend and can ya put them back in place will my Gregory's book tell me and what page as I'm a Holden and valiant peep thanks for any advice
Daron whiley is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post