Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 16-09-2008, 07:51 PM   #1
TonyDragons1
Starter Motor

Talking SONY Stereo iPod connection Information request

Folks I need your help! I have a brand new Zetec Hatch which has the Sony 6CD stereo, I have already run an AV cable from the glovebox connector up into the top hatch of the centre console which provides a nice stealthy fitment for my iPod. One of the crew at work reckons that this Sony should have a conection point at the rear that allows an iPod to be attached and enables the song details to be seen on the stereo screen.

Could someone be so kind as to post a reply/link with details as to:
1.where to find this connection point
2. how to connect the iPod up to it
3. a part number or info on the connector cable (approx cost$$).

I am based in Auckland (I'm an Aussie here for a short while don't hold it against me!) and have been dealing with John Andrews Ford who are good but don't have any experience with doing these kinds of mods that I'm proposing. Hence my plea to you kind experts!

Any extra advice you may like to share in relation to my request would be gratefully received. Cheers All!!

TonyDragons1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-09-2008, 10:18 AM   #2
Dusty1
Giddy up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyDragons1
Folks I need your help! I have a brand new Zetec Hatch which has the Sony 6CD stereo, I have already run an AV cable from the glovebox connector up into the top hatch of the centre console which provides a nice stealthy fitment for my iPod. One of the crew at work reckons that this Sony should have a conection point at the rear that allows an iPod to be attached and enables the song details to be seen on the stereo screen.

Could someone be so kind as to post a reply/link with details as to:
1.where to find this connection point
2. how to connect the iPod up to it
3. a part number or info on the connector cable (approx cost$$).

I am based in Auckland (I'm an Aussie here for a short while don't hold it against me!) and have been dealing with John Andrews Ford who are good but don't have any experience with doing these kinds of mods that I'm proposing. Hence my plea to you kind experts!

Any extra advice you may like to share in relation to my request would be gratefully received. Cheers All!!
I don't think this is possible. I don't know for sure, but a better place to have a look is here: http://www.fordmondeo.org/forum/showforum.php?fid/171/. These guys have had the Mark IV for longer than we have. Someone there might be able to answer your question.

BTW, I'd be interested in it if it was possible!
Previous:
Oct 07 built Mondeo TDCi hatch, Stardust Silver, bluetooth, leather, tow pack, sunroof.
Dusty1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-09-2008, 09:03 PM   #3
TonyDragons1
Starter Motor

I have had a conversation with the guys who installed my BlackBerry car kit yesterday and they reckon it can be done with a wiring loom insert at the back of the stereo. Though I must stress that it has not been confirmed yet, fingers crossed; and I will post up all details if it is a goer.
TonyDragons1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-09-2008, 10:39 PM   #4
warren77

TongDragons1
I have a blackberry (880&G and now 9000 Bold) and it worked perfectly with the bluetooth kit.

Any other benefits from the car kit?
warren77 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post