Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 18-05-2014, 08:10 PM   #3481
WheelSpin
Starter Motor

Default Re: 2014 Falcon Sneek Peak

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyman03 View Post
Hey,

Both two diff orange cars and the black one

Spyman
can you send me the pics/vids too
WheelSpin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-05-2014, 08:40 PM   #3482
Callum31

G'day guys, I've been working with Trav to help him make this sketch of what looks almost identical to the 2014 Falcon (Correct me if i'm wrong Spyman). And personally it looks great! Well done to Trav!

Last edited by Callum31; 05-06-2014 at 07:46 PM.
Callum31 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-05-2014, 08:46 PM   #3483
FPV GTHO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Sharing his knowledge of performance exhaust setups for the NA 6 cyc Barra Falcon from BA to FG. 

Looks good but the key will be the integration into the existing FG side panelling IMO.
FPV GTHO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 18-05-2014, 08:55 PM   #3484
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyal View Post
You will get a xr8 easily once the pin is pulled and dealers want to offload them quickly, lets see who is the first dealer to slap 40% on rrp and mention interceptor.

Stuff Ford for not doing say a small 50 batch of RSpec F6's....DGAF about the business case, that car kept FPV relevant.
Calm down a bit. My sources tell me they won't be building thousands of xr8's.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-05-2014, 09:56 PM   #3485
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Well they can only make 6-8 a day flat out, so the numbers are never going to be huge.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-05-2014, 10:20 PM   #3486
Focused

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callum31 View Post
G'day guys, I've been working with Trav to help him make this sketch of what looks almost identical to the 2014 Falcon (Correct me if i'm wrong Spyman). And personally it looks great! Well done to Trav!
Nice images and thanks for posting them up. BUT, you're saying that it looks almost identical to the 2014 Falcon so does that mean you've actually seen the new Falcon, or not?
I'm sorry to be pedantic, but there's a bit difference between someone who's seen the car and someone who hasn't, claiming that these images are accurate.

Again (and I'm sorry to harp on about this), if you're speculating that it's "almost identical" then please say so because that's very different to saying that IT ACTUALLY IS "almost identical" because you've seen the real thing.

Thanks.
Focused is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 18-05-2014, 11:08 PM   #3487
XR Martin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8 View Post
Well they can only make 6-8 a day flat out, so the numbers are never going to be huge.
Yeah best case is we'll see 2500 FH XR8s
2016 FGX XR8 Sprint, 6speed manual, Kinetic Blue #170

2004 BA wagon RTV project.

1998 EL XR8, Auto, Hot Chilli Red

1993 ED XR6, 5speed, Polynesian Green. 1 of 329. Retired

1968 XT Falcon 500 wagon, 3 on the tree, 3.6L. Patina project.
XR Martin is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-05-2014, 11:08 PM   #3488
nstg8a

If it looks like that I think I'm glad I got my fg.
nstg8a is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
6 users like this post:
Old 19-05-2014, 12:24 AM   #3489
Elks
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Is the EcoBoost going to make it through to FH?

Do they even still make them.

PS. It's a damn fine car, steers well runs 14's and uses no fuel. It just doesn't seem to sell.
Old 19-05-2014, 02:50 AM   #3490
b0son
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elks View Post
PS. It's a damn fine car, steers well runs 14's and uses no fuel. It just doesn't seem to sell.
How many people even know it exists?
b0son is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 19-05-2014, 09:55 AM   #3491
stevefreestyle
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR6 Martin View Post
Yeah best case is we'll see 2500 FH XR8s
If they can make 8 XR8s per day - over approx' 113 weeks, assuming a 5 day week (40 p/w) = 4520

A 7 day week would produce approx' 6,328

(assuming Production from Aug 14 - Oct 16)
stevefreestyle is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-05-2014, 10:27 AM   #3492
brismike
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elks View Post
Is the EcoBoost going to make it through to FH?
I already asked that question and someone answered "Yes".

Cheers Mike

Wife's - 2018 Peugeot 3008 Gtline, Pearl White - 6 Speed Auto - Fully Optioned.

My Toy - 2014 Smart Fortwo Passion Crystal White, Black Tridion Cell - 5 Speed Auto with Flappy Paddles - Tint - Twin Exhaust

The only good Commodore is the one now very very quickly disappearing in my rear view mirror.
brismike is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-05-2014, 11:16 AM   #3493
rdmr

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevefreestyle View Post
If they can make 8 XR8s per day - over approx' 113 weeks, assuming a 5 day week (40 p/w) = 4520

7 day weeks have gone the same way as the dodo.
rdmr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-05-2014, 11:22 AM   #3494
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Ecoboost needs to be put in XR6 kit for it to sell.
7 users like this post:
Old 19-05-2014, 11:35 AM   #3495
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevefreestyle View Post

They wont build that many XR8's. XR8 will build about the same as current GT production.
Old 19-05-2014, 12:39 PM   #3496
Bossxr8
Peter Car

It will be solely 5 days a week, most likely 6 a day, then subtract Christmas shutdown etc.

I think 2500 is a pretty accurate figure, if they keep going till Oct 2016 and the numbers per day don't change.
Old 19-05-2014, 01:24 PM   #3497
FalconXV
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by DASH GT View Post
Yes! but call it ST,SR or something, add the symposer from Focus ST. With sports suspension this could be the best handling and most well-balanced Australian car on sale at the moment. I'll be disappointed if they don't do something to this effect.
FalconXV is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 19-05-2014, 01:38 PM   #3498
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 

the thing about ecoboost is, yes it's a good concept and does improve handling, economy and what not. But for me, Falcon has always been about the ambience and cruising feel you get from the sound of the 6 or 8 - a 4cyl doesn't cut it at all for me. I don't think i'm alone in that which explains the sales numbers. If i wanted a car that got great economy for business use around the suburbs, i'd go eco-lpi. I don't see any room for ecoboost in a segment where even the mainstreams and flagships don't sell.
Professor Farnsworth is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 19-05-2014, 02:09 PM   #3499
Road_Warrior
Pity the fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor Farnsworth View Post
the thing about ecoboost is, yes it's a good concept and does improve handling, economy and what not. But for me, Falcon has always been about the ambience and cruising feel you get from the sound of the 6 or 8 - a 4cyl doesn't cut it at all for me. I don't think i'm alone in that which explains the sales numbers. If i wanted a car that got great economy for business use around the suburbs, i'd go eco-lpi. I don't see any room for ecoboost in a segment where even the mainstreams and flagships don't sell.
Of course the fact they did zero adverting for the Ecoboost Falcon didn't help.

1970 XW Falcon GT replica | 1970 XW Falcon | 1971 XY Fairmont | 1973 ZG Fairlane | 1986 XF Falcon panel van | 1987 XFII Falcon S-Pack | 1988 XF Falcon GLS ute | 1993 EBII Fairmont V8 | 1996 XG Falcon ute | 2000 AU Falcon wagon | 2004 BA Falcon XT | 2012 SZ Territory Titanium AWD

Proud to buy Australian and support Ford Australia through thick and thin
Road_Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 19-05-2014, 05:30 PM   #3500
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor Farnsworth View Post
Have you even driven one? The Ecoboost is a nicer car then a standard 6 cylinder. Fords problem is 90% of the cars they sell are XR6's, why? Because the XR brand is far more popular then XT or G6.

Ecolpi is not that great because you simply dont get the range out of them. Ive got mates with them and they are lucky to get 400 kms around town out of them, for me its all about the range.
2 users like this post:
Old 19-05-2014, 05:39 PM   #3501
xd_cobra
FG GS - Boss 315

Quote:
And they should call it the Falcon ST to align with Focus/Fiesta...
FG S/C GS - Silhouette w/Matte Black Stripes, Manual, Premium Sound w/dual zone, Tein Coilover Kit, Whiteline Adj/Swaybars, K-MAC Camber Kit, 6/4 Brembo, K&N, Shaker, Magnaflow Cat Back & Tips, Mal Wood Shifter, Black 20" Wheels w/275 rears, HO Splitter, DJR Boot Lip, GT cuise switches and side mirrors...

FG X XR8 - Smoke, manual...

'16 Mustang GT - Deep Impact Blue w/White Stripes, Manual, Magnaflow Cat Back, Cervini Ram Air Bonnet, Shelby 20" Wheels, GT350R Bodykit and Steering Wheel...
xd_cobra is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-05-2014, 05:48 PM   #3502
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 

Quote:
Have you even driven one? The Ecoboost is a nicer car then a standard 6 cylinder. Fords problem is 90% of the cars they sell are XR6's, why? Because the XR brand is far more popular then XT or G6.

Ecolpi is not that great because you simply dont get the range out of them. Ive got mates with them and they are lucky to get 400 kms around town out of them, for me its all about the range.
"nicer car" is a very subjective and individual description, it could drive like a limo, i don't care, like i said a 4 cylinder Falcon interests me as much as a Lada Niva

i'll keep buying the 6's and 8's until we're all forced to buy 700cc 2 cylinder turbos
Old 19-05-2014, 06:17 PM   #3503
Callum31

Proud to say I own a Falcon EcoBoost, and I tell you what it gets off the line! So far no car has beaten me yet and I love wiping the smiles off the young blokes in their Hotted up Lancers and WRX's!

Hopefully I'll be able to buy the new XR6 Turbo to go with it and my ED Fairmont
Callum31 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 19-05-2014, 06:20 PM   #3504
FPV GTHO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Sharing his knowledge of performance exhaust setups for the NA 6 cyc Barra Falcon from BA to FG. 

Ecoboost Falcon does have better diff gearing than the others, that no doubt helps.
FPV GTHO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-05-2014, 06:32 PM   #3505
XBv8mmm!

A question to the learned gentlemen of the forum.

A number of members have stated that they have placed deposits on the new XR8.
Now, I have been speaking to my local Ford dealer since the XR8 was confirmed as being in the last Falcon line up (before even), and I have offered to place a deposit on a number of occasions. However they won't take the deposit claiming that the new model isn't on the system yet and they can't take deposits until it is.
The salesman I've been dealing with (the same one every time) is as keen on the new henry as I am and even intends to buy a new XR6T and I've built up a good rapport with him, so I don't believe apathy is the reason.

After all that, my question is, how have others placed a deposit when I can not?
Old 19-05-2014, 08:20 PM   #3506
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Wasn't meaning to offend anyone who owns an ecoboost by the way.
Old 19-05-2014, 09:02 PM   #3507
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by XBv8mmm! View Post
A question to the learned gentlemen of the forum.

A number of members have stated that they have placed deposits on the new XR8.
Now, I have been speaking to my local Ford dealer since the XR8 was confirmed as being in the last Falcon line up (before even), and I have offered to place a deposit on a number of occasions. However they won't take the deposit claiming that the new model isn't on the system yet and they can't take deposits until it is.
The salesman I've been dealing with (the same one every time) is as keen on the new henry as I am and even intends to buy a new XR6T and I've built up a good rapport with him, so I don't believe apathy is the reason.

After all that, my question is, how have others placed a deposit when I can not?
Yeah obviously you can't order one yet, but what I think other salesman have done is take the deposit, and stash it away until you can order them and allocate the first one they can to the owner of the deposit. I think?
2 users like this post:
Old 19-05-2014, 09:15 PM   #3508
LooLoo18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8 View Post
Yeah obviously you can't order one yet, but what I think other salesman have done is take the deposit, and stash it away until you can order them and allocate the first one they can to the owner of the deposit. I think?
Why would you need to put a deposit down for an XR8? Im sure there will be plenty of stock
LooLoo18 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-05-2014, 10:27 PM   #3509
Bossxr8
Peter Car

I don't know either, it's not like they are limited edition.
Old 19-05-2014, 10:29 PM   #3510
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

I think some people are just excited about it.