Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 20-08-2009, 08:01 PM   #1
Fi.ES.TA

Default Fiesta CL ws 5 door speaker issue

Okay before i go shooting my mouth off at ford,i was just wondering if someone else could clarify this for me.

On further investigation regarding the rear rear speakers of my car it has none ZILCHHHH
on fords website it says the CL has 4 speakers does this mean the 2 front door speakers and the 2 tweeters or 2 front door speakers 2 back door speakers and the 2 tweeters.

And it states the zetec has a 6 speaker system.

Have i had my d1ck pulled or is this rite?

Last edited by Fi.ES.TA; 20-08-2009 at 08:07 PM.
Fi.ES.TA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-08-2009, 08:20 PM   #2
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

CL have two front speakers, and two rear speakers? The Zetec has this along with two front tweekers? These are built into the door pull area on the inside. I could swear the CL and LX had a blank area behind the interior door handle?

The speakers should be in your rear door pannels? Not 100% sure as I have a 3-Door? Sorry man.
Old 20-08-2009, 08:25 PM   #3
Fi.ES.TA

Yeah well i would of thought it meant 2 in the back doors aswell,but mine has the tweeters in the front doors just above the handle thats whats making me think are they classing the tweeters as speakers to give you the four.
Man i will be 9issed if they are supposed to be there ford will be getting a visit after work tomorrow.
Old 20-08-2009, 08:27 PM   #4
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The best way to tell would be to enter 'audio' in the main menu then go to balance and fade the front speakers away and see if you can hear anything in the back?
Old 20-08-2009, 08:33 PM   #5
Fi.ES.TA

Ive already done that and nothing,ive had the back door cards pulled theres no speakers at all there just the wires lol.
Old 20-08-2009, 09:25 PM   #6
msnealo
Zetec with 17's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fi.ES.TA
Ive already done that and nothing,ive had the back door cards pulled theres no speakers at all there just the wires lol.
If your in luck you'll be able to buy a set of speakers and "plug and play"!

I find the set up is very directed towards the front speakers anyway.
msnealo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-08-2009, 09:47 PM   #7
south21

The cl comes with 4 speakers 2 in the front doors and 2 tweeters next to the front door handles just get some 280 watt 3 ways like i did sounds great.
south21 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-08-2009, 10:21 PM   #8
Fi.ES.TA

Ok thanks for the heads up on this saves me making a twaaat out of myself at the ford dealers.

south21 what brand 280 watt 3 ways did you put in and where did you put them?
Old 20-08-2009, 11:31 PM   #9
south21

I put 6 inch clarion in but i had to make a spacer to fit the speakers in as the hole is approx 8 inch my cl is the 3 door still the same only my rear speakers are in the side panel, i'll see if I can find the thread about it and bump it to the top.
Old 21-08-2009, 08:29 AM   #10
Ben85

If its approximately an 8inch hole, why not go with 5x7's much better bass sound compared to 6inches.

Interior:- MOMO Blue Leather Gear Knob, Window tint, Scuff Plates, ST Black & Blue Leather seats, Soundstream Amp & 5x7 speakers, Sony Headunit, Pioneer sub & Amp.

Under the Hood:- Superchips ECU Flash Tune, Denso Iridium plugs, KV85 Magnecor Leads, BMC CDA Induction.

Exterior:- Spoiler, clear side repeaters, Lowered (35mm) King Springs, Whiteline 22mm Rear sway bar, 2" cat back exhaust with a dual conversion, Konig 17" Hotswap with Kumho Rubber, HID's.
Ben85 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-08-2009, 12:08 AM   #11
Liri

Ok I just spent half an hour taking the rear door skin off my cl and didn't find any wires for speakers there, I've come up with 3 end scenarios for this situation:

a. Ford were kind enough to do rear speaker wiring for 3 doors and not 5 doors.

b. Ford were kind enough to do rear speaker wiring for 3 doors and the 5 doors except for mine because God hates me.

or
c. Ford were kind enough to do rear speaker wiring for 3 doors and the 5 doors including mine and my brain won't allow me to find them because I clearly should be watching the footy with a beer in my hand but instead I decided to sit on the garage floor like a pleb with a screwdriver.
Liri is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-08-2009, 12:09 AM   #12
msnealo
Zetec with 17's

Definitely C! :
msnealo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-08-2009, 08:30 AM   #13
south21

I would be having another look, your stereo has the fader there so the wiring has to exist.
Old 22-08-2009, 08:38 AM   #14
Fi.ES.TA

LoL Liri another easy way to find out if theres wires there for the speakers is open the rear door and squeeze the rubber protection near the hinge where your wires should run from the body into the doors.
Old 22-08-2009, 08:51 AM   #15
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liri
b. Ford were kind enough to do rear speaker wiring for 3 doors and the 5 doors except for mine because God hates me.
LMAO! My favourite saying ever.

I went to the local Ford dealer last night, and yeah the CL have four front speakers. Sorry, I must have been thinking of the UK base model which IIRC has only two speakers!
Old 22-08-2009, 02:58 PM   #16
macou

I have the CL 3 door and no speakers in the back. I must admit I was annoyed when I pressed the fade option on the stereo and nothing happened behind me. Any instructions out there for removing the panel and fitting speakers? I'm a bit of a noob working around cars and like things spoon fed to me
macou is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-08-2009, 04:07 PM   #17
Liri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fi.ES.TA
LoL Liri another easy way to find out if theres wires there for the speakers is open the rear door and squeeze the rubber protection near the hinge where your wires should run from the body into the doors.
yeah the only wiring I could find was directed towards the door catch which makes me think those wires are for a "door open" sensor if you know what I mean.
Liri is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post