Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Site Sponsor Forums - In Alphabetical Order > Race Brakes Sydney

Race Brakes Sydney Street and race performance pad / rotor combinations as well as brake upgrades and Exedy clutch kits. Website Link

Old 02-11-2013, 12:12 AM   #1
FPV_Steve
Livin Life in the F6 Lane

Default Brembo Vs Harrop Vs AP Racing

Hey guys,

Just doing a bit of research and was hoping you guys could help me with some info. I'm researching brake kits for a BF2 F6 Typhoon. Currently with 4/1 setup.

I'm just after the following info: Cost of the Brake Kit, What's included in the Brake Kit & the cost of replacement rotors & pads.

* Harrop Ultimate Brake Kit

* Harrop Monobloc Brake Kit

* AP Racing 6/4 setup

* Brembo 6/4 setup.

Also, are the Harrop & AP Racing calipers smaller than the Brembo calipers which would make it easier to fit aftermarket rims?

Cheers,

Stephen

FPV_Steve is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-11-2013, 12:17 AM   #2
geobar
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Brembo Vs Harrop Vs AP Racing

Also interested in the reply to this.

George
geobar is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-11-2013, 10:19 AM   #3
ms700
Big Member

I run AP Racing 6/4 on my BA. Best mod ive ever done. got me out of the chit sooo many times.

355mm 2 piece front AP rotors, custom alloy mounting hats, 330mm rear DBA rotors.

By the time everything was fitted (new fluid, new braided lines, mounting brackets, labour) i didnt get much change from 9K. No idea about replacement costs, as the rotors havent required replacing yet, neither have the pads. You can save money by using DBA front rotors instead of AP.

Finding wheels that will fit over the front callipers is a nightmare! I run 19in ROH Fury's, and if they were badly out of balance, the wheel weights would hit the callipers! No way i could run a 18in rim. I got a flat the other day, my steel spare didnt even fit on the rear, it hit the calliper!

Tuned by GENTECH 567rwkw/760rwhp

BA XR6T Tuned by GENTECH 349rwkw.

2013 H/D Nightrod Special - DynoJet PowerVision tuned.
ms700 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 07-11-2013, 04:45 PM   #4
FLOORED
Race Brakes Sydney

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPV_Steve View Post
Hey guys,

Just doing a bit of research and was hoping you guys could help me with some info. I'm researching brake kits for a BF2 F6 Typhoon. Currently with 4/1 setup.

I'm just after the following info: Cost of the Brake Kit, What's included in the Brake Kit & the cost of replacement rotors & pads.

* Harrop Ultimate Brake Kit

* Harrop Monobloc Brake Kit

* AP Racing 6/4 setup

* Brembo 6/4 setup.

Also, are the Harrop & AP Racing calipers smaller than the Brembo calipers which would make it easier to fit aftermarket rims?

Cheers,

Stephen
Geez mate you want me to work hard on this one . The AP Racing and Brembo set ups i am guessing you want prices more on the std kit done and not any of the changed offset or rotor diameter changes that have been done? The wheel diameter is not the major issue when fitting these kits it is more the offset off the spoke of the wheel.

Harrop rotors have to be purchased from Harrop themselves as RDA or DBA do not cover that range and i have to be honest and say i have never sold a Harrop brake kit before.

* Harrop Ultimate Brake Kit - List price $6500 Ultimate Brake Kit (Red, Yellow, Black or Silver) - 6 piston Front & 4 piston Rear Calipers - 381x32mm Front & 356x28mm Rear, 24 Slot 2 piece Rotors (Min 19" wheel) Braided lines 4380 extra. I have no price for replacement rotors in my price list sorry

* Harrop Monobloc Brake Kit - List price $5500 Red 4 piston Front & 4 piston Rear Calipers - 355x32mm Front & 355x28mm Rear 12 Slot Rotors Braided lines $380 extra.I have no price for replacement rotors in my price list sorry

* AP Racing 6/4 setup - 362mm front and 328mm rear .Everything is included prices start from $6850 to $7950 and replacement rotors from $650 each for front and they use DBA in the rear so they are $215 each and pads will vary depending on what material so front pads from $230 and rear pads from $200 again it depends on what kit version you go with and we supply everything you need in the kit included goodridge braided lines.

* Brembo 6/4 setup. - 355mm front and 330mm rear. Prices vary according to our suppliers stock availability and if you want 1 or 2 piece front rotors in the kit or even RDA or DBA brands plus we have a choice of brake pad options as well but from $5800 up to $7850 depending on what kit version you go with. Replacement Rotors start from $300 each front and $215 for rears and we supply everything you need in the kit included goodridge braided lines.

Hopefully this will give you an indication on price but with the AP Racing and Brembo kits it also comes down to what size rotors and what brand pads you put in your 6/4 combo.
We are working on different brake combos at the moment for std FG wheels.

Street to track is what we expertise in

Phone 02 9609 1101

sales@racebrakessydney.com.au

www.racebrakessydney.com.au
FLOORED is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 07-11-2013, 10:12 PM   #5
FPV_Steve
Livin Life in the F6 Lane

I certainly didn't make it easy for you, that's for sure!! But you have managed to answer my questions a lot quicker than I was expecting, so good work!!

Interesting that there are no aftermarket (RDA or DBA) rotor options for the Harrop set up. I'm liking the Harrop Ultimate kit due to both the size of the rotors & the caliper colour selection, but it is definitely not cheap.

But as I mentioned at the start, I'm just doing my research atm and it looks like I'll need to save quite a few $$$ before I get to the buying stage

Thanks for the effort you put in to answer my questions, really appreciate it and it showcases your excellent customer service

Stephen

FPV_Steve is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 08-11-2013, 09:36 AM   #6
FLOORED
Race Brakes Sydney

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPV_Steve View Post
I certainly didn't make it easy for you, that's for sure!! But you have managed to answer my questions a lot quicker than I was expecting, so good work!!

Interesting that there are no aftermarket (RDA or DBA) rotor options for the Harrop set up. I'm liking the Harrop Ultimate kit due to both the size of the rotors & the caliper colour selection, but it is definitely not cheap.

But as I mentioned at the start, I'm just doing my research atm and it looks like I'll need to save quite a few $$$ before I get to the buying stage

Thanks for the effort you put in to answer my questions, really appreciate it and it showcases your excellent customer service

Stephen
No worries Stephen. The reason why i prefer the Brembo set ups over the other brands for the Fords is the fact the front Brembo 6 pot caliper is a monoblok caliper and the fact that RDA,DBA and Genuine ford rotors are easily affordable and available along with more pad choices which are also more affordale.

Street to track is what we expertise in

Phone 02 9609 1101

sales@racebrakessydney.com.au

www.racebrakessydney.com.au
FLOORED is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-11-2013, 08:14 PM   #7
BOOSTEDGAZ
When in doubt-MORE BOOST!

Hi, I have upgraded from my standard FG GT set up to the AP 362mm 6 Pot Front and 330mm 4 Pot rear with braided lines ,race fluid and Ferodo pads etc and can honestly say it is the best upgrade I have done to my car. I have had a BF GTP with the brembo 6/4s and they are not even comparable to the AP's.

I run AP front rotors and DBA rear rotors and it is just the ultimate in confidence inducing braking power completely streetable but mind blowing on the track they just pull up HARD every time no fade no issues and they don't have the discolouration and crap clear coat issues that the brembos have they are just the ultimate in bolt on brake upgrade kit.

I would recommend them to any one if you have the cash. It is just neck braking stopping power whenever you need it but completely at home toodling around the street as well. I have driven the Harrop kit and they are awesome also but I still believe hands down if you have the cash and want the ultimate in performance AP all the way!!

Hope this helps. Feel free to PM me for more info if you like.

Gaz

PROUD TO FLY THE BLUE STREAK FLAG HERE IN NZ!!!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
BOOSTEDGAZ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post: