Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Ford Car Clubs > XR6 & XR8 Club of Queensland

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17-07-2021, 04:42 PM   #1
justme1964
Starter Motor
 
Join Date: Jul 2021
Posts: 5
Default Chasing Eb XR8 info hopefully

Hey all. Looking at what appears to be an EB XR8 5 speed manual project. Has a verification latter from ford says 1 of 1 paint, 1 of1 trim, 1 of 1 options car. Has Brock kit and wheels and Brock stickers including the Brock approved on rear quarter glasses. Any idea where I can find out more about the colour and Brock bits fitment? vin start is 6fpaaajgswndxxxxxx

Has been sitting like 17 years good ks. Story is Brock kit and Brock wheels were fitted new but just cant see that being true being later 92 model. He bought it from his mate who had it 17 years and bought from the first owner.

Paint code is FU and its original paint. Scratched through in numerous places and its paint primer then steel. All the dealer that sold it new can tell me is the colour was a non standard XR or Ford colour and some reference to a bodykit but nothing else. Found a reference on one website Unique cars and it shows FU as Cardinal red. But colour doesnt match the Cardinal red EB Fairmont a friend has.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ebxr8options.jpg (57.2 KB, 101 views)
File Type: jpg xr8.jpg (113.2 KB, 102 views)

Last edited by justme1964; 17-07-2021 at 04:58 PM.
justme1964 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-07-2021, 06:52 PM   #2
FTE
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
 
FTE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Townsville North Queensland
Posts: 543
Default Re: Chasing Eb XR8 info hopefully

I wouldn't get caught up in the 1of 1 builds. There seem to be a lot of those - I have one apparently
Wheels not included .... That's a lot of money for what's left
__________________
Our Tickford cars:

2001 Congo Green AU 111 XR8 sedan, option 2G body kit, manual

1997 EL GT Sparkling Burgundy, sunroof, auto.

Our former Tickford cars:

1997 XH11 XR8
1998 AU XR8 manual sedan
1999 AU XR8 manual ute
2002 AU XR8 auto sedan, sunroof
FTE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 17-07-2021, 08:33 PM   #3
slowsnake
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Perth Australia
Posts: 2,900
Default Re: Chasing Eb XR8 info hopefully

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTE View Post
I wouldn't get caught up in the 1of 1 builds. There seem to be a lot of those - I have one apparently
Wheels not included .... That's a lot of money for what's left
I agree, you get a run of the mill car/vehicle bog standard and change paint tint so that's 1 of 1 colour, but its still a run of the mill car bog standard, it's rarity is it aint.
Sorry for being forthright and cruel!

Cheers Billy.
__________________
"Studebaker Hawk, the only man in the world who could write the Lords Prayer on the head of a pin"
FRANK ZAPPA.

Last edited by slowsnake; 17-07-2021 at 08:37 PM. Reason: Add a bit
slowsnake is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-08-2021, 02:39 PM   #4
Blue Dog
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,845
Default Re: Chasing Eb XR8 info hopefully

If you require information.
Why didn't you provide the VIN?
Blue Dog is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-08-2021, 09:59 AM   #5
Blue Dog
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,845
Default Re: Chasing Eb XR8 info hopefully

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Dog View Post
If you require information.
Why didn't you provide the VIN?
Apologies, you did provide the VIN.

6FPAAAJGSWND33438
Blue Dog is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-08-2021, 04:24 PM   #6
xa_jg66
Regular Member
 
xa_jg66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Albany, WA
Posts: 397
Default Re: Chasing Eb XR8 info hopefully

Looks like cardinal red to me although photo isn't great. It's heavily optioned so would be a great one to bring back to life.
__________________
XA GT HARDTOP: Copper Bronze, 351c 4v heads, edelbrock manifold, 700 vs holley, pacemaker 4-1, crane cam, stage 2 fmx, 3000rpm histall, 3.7:1 lsd 9" diff.

ED XR8 SPRINT: Cobalt Blue, Manual, Premium Sound.

Previous Fords:
Blueprint 2003 GT-P Manual
Lemans Red 1992 EB XR8 Manual
Cardinal Red 1993 EB Fairmont Ghia 5L 5 speed conversion
Lemans Red 1992 XR8 Auto
Silver 1991 EB Fairmont 5L auto
Poly Green 1994 ED XR8 Sprint Manual
White 1995 EF XR8 Manual
1976 XC Fairmont 351
xa_jg66 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-09-2021, 07:58 PM   #7
justme1964
Starter Motor
 
Join Date: Jul 2021
Posts: 5
Default Re: Chasing Eb XR8 info hopefully

Quote:
Originally Posted by xa_jg66 View Post
Looks like cardinal red to me although photo isn't great. It's heavily optioned so would be a great one to bring back to life.
Mate has a Cardinal red eb and the colour on the xr8 is darker. The fu colour code is a mystery as is the no paint colour in the verification. Did the EB XR series come in Cardinal red?? General consesus is no they didnt.
Also has xr6 trim factory fitted. Im still humming and hahing about it but hes dropped price to 6950 no Brock wheels though.
justme1964 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-10-2021, 04:09 PM   #8
ebv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
 
ebv8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Wollongong
Posts: 2,978
Default Re: Chasing Eb XR8 info hopefully

it looks like cardinal red to me and the paint on the ford letter is * so thats why its a 1 of 1 but still a v8 manual thats awesome.
and yeah i though brock fords finished in 1990 so its 2 years after that and EA brocks had build numbers
it could have been a dealer fit using the parts off an EA.
To me a V8 manual falcon trumps a 6cyl brock falcon any day so i look forward to seeing it live on as a brock spec v8
__________________
CURRENT RIDES
BA GT Mk1 #0009 - Narooma Blue
BA XR8 - Blueprint
Black VZ LX8 Adventra
AU Futura granny spec
Holden HX 50th Anniversary
1980 GS1000ST - Wes Cooley Rep
1986 TT250
Sea-al Supa Skua
ebv8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-10-2021, 07:48 PM   #9
justme1964
Starter Motor
 
Join Date: Jul 2021
Posts: 5
Default Re: Chasing Eb XR8 info hopefully

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebv8 View Post
it looks like cardinal red to me and the paint on the ford letter is * so thats why its a 1 of 1 but still a v8 manual thats awesome.
and yeah i though brock fords finished in 1990 so its 2 years after that and EA brocks had build numbers
it could have been a dealer fit using the parts off an EA.
To me a V8 manual falcon trumps a 6cyl brock falcon any day so i look forward to seeing it live on as a brock spec v8

Was Cardinal red one of the colours in the EB XR range? Why would there be a * for paint in the breakdown not the colour? If cardinal red why FU not G5?? Its still for sale and im still humming and hahing lol. Kit could be dealer ordered i guess but strange body moulds were painted from new. Been over the car couple times def not a later repaint all seems original.
justme1964 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-10-2021, 09:12 PM   #10
Giant Cranium
PURSUIT 250
Donating Member2
 
Giant Cranium's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: sydney
Posts: 5,261
Default Re: Chasing Eb XR8 info hopefully

Quote:
Originally Posted by justme1964 View Post
Was Cardinal red one of the colours in the EB XR range? Why would there be a * for paint in the breakdown not the colour? If cardinal red why FU not G5?? Its still for sale and im still humming and hahing lol. Kit could be dealer ordered i guess but strange body moulds were painted from new. Been over the car couple times def not a later repaint all seems original.

Take the letters for what they are. Some words on a page. They are not always accurate and depending on the car it will be wrong.
Giant Cranium is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-10-2021, 11:14 PM   #11
justme1964
Starter Motor
 
Join Date: Jul 2021
Posts: 5
Default Re: Chasing Eb XR8 info hopefully

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giant Cranium View Post
Take the letters for what they are. Some words on a page. They are not always accurate and depending on the car it will be wrong.
Well the details from my research so far are correct re the colour and options. Fu shows in a couple of websites as cardinal red but bar the gt can find any xr series painted that colour. Paints obviously faded degraded over the decades. Its amusing the many want to believe its not correct or a misprint etc. Im prob going to buy and resto it as its worth saving and not something will be 2 of lol.
justme1964 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-10-2021, 02:24 AM   #12
jstanovic
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Perth
Posts: 658
Default Re: Chasing Eb XR8 info hopefully

Maybe that's why it is 1-of-1, Cardinal Red wasn't a XR colour, may have been special option by the purchaser.
jstanovic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-10-2021, 04:29 PM   #13
justme1964
Starter Motor
 
Join Date: Jul 2021
Posts: 5
Default Re: Chasing Eb XR8 info hopefully

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstanovic View Post
Maybe that's why it is 1-of-1, Cardinal Red wasn't a XR colour, may have been special option by the purchaser.
Thats pretty much what last owner before this bloke said who had it 17years. Dealer had f all info about it bar the paint reference but kit could have been fitted new. Hate not knowing 100 percent. But just cant see the Brock wheels being dealer fitted. Late 92 you wouldnt expect there to be any of them left. There was a rumour they made a Brock xr prototype in xr8 and was wondering if it was the car at one stage but again too long after he stopped doing them so that fantasy died quick lol. . Going to grab it monday and take it to the workshop and resurrect it. Worth doing methinks. Thanks to those who replied
justme1964 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 29-10-2021, 07:02 PM   #14
Giant Cranium
PURSUIT 250
Donating Member2
 
Giant Cranium's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: sydney
Posts: 5,261
Default Re: Chasing Eb XR8 info hopefully

Quote:
Originally Posted by justme1964 View Post
Well the details from my research so far are correct re the colour and options. Fu shows in a couple of websites as cardinal red but bar the gt can find any xr series painted that colour. Paints obviously faded degraded over the decades. Its amusing the many want to believe its not correct or a misprint etc. Im prob going to buy and resto it as its worth saving and not something will be 2 of lol.
i don't doubt that its correct but those letters are wrong heaps of times. as in your letter was incorrect, mine is also.
Giant Cranium is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-11-2021, 02:38 AM   #15
jstanovic
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Perth
Posts: 658
Default Re: Chasing Eb XR8 info hopefully

Come to think of it, wasn't Cardinal Red and ED colour? EB had a similar colour but a bit darker.
jstanovic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +11. The time now is 07:02 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Other than what is legally copyrighted by the respective owners, this site is copyright www.fordforums.com.au
Positive SSL